Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
So the clamshell Galaxy Fold just got leaked. It's supposed to be around $800, so the new Razr foldable is gonna be DOA. There's simply no comparison in looks. There's no big chin on the Samsung, and the design is just so much cleaner and modern. And there's no doubt the camera will be better on this, as the Razr doesn't have flagship specs. I'm also willing to bet the Razr 's software won't have anything on Samsung's One UI. I'll still be waiting for the real successor to the Galaxy Fold. I have no interest in a clamshell.

Lots of assumptions there, but personally I like the look of the Razr more. The chin doesn't bother me. But yes, the specs and price will determine which has the upper hand.

Reactions: Oohara

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
So the clamshell Galaxy Fold just got leaked. It's supposed to be around $800, so the new Razr foldable is gonna be DOA. There's simply no comparison in looks. There's no big chin on the Samsung, and the design is just so much cleaner and modern. And there's no doubt the camera will be better on this, as the Razr doesn't have flagship specs. I'm also willing to bet the Razr 's software won't have anything on Samsung's One UI. I'll still be waiting for the real successor to the Galaxy Fold. I have no interest in a clamshell.

View attachment 883684 View attachment 883685 View attachment 883686 View attachment 883687
That is sooooo much nicer than the Razer! I'll bet the camera is great as well.......
Better camera...better design....better price....

Reactions: Zito Abroad

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2019
Lots of assumptions there, but personally I like the look of the Razr more. The chin doesn't bother me. But yes, the specs and price will determine which has the upper hand.

Nah, I'm confident in my statement. Why am I so? Because, since when did a Razr have anything in a Galaxy flagship? The fact that it will be cheaper is just the nail on the coffin.
[automerge]1576762894[/automerge]
Better camera...better design....better price....

Bingo!

Reactions: jamezr

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Nah, I'm confident in my statement. Why am I so? Because, since when did a Razr have anything in a Galaxy flagship? The fact that it will be cheaper is just the nail on the coffin.

Fact? The prices are just rumors at this point, right? You are probably right that Motorola will lag behind Samsung yet again. It will be interesting to see how it hashes out.

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2019
Fact? The prices are just rumors at this point, right? You are probably right that Motorola will lag behind Samsung yet again. It will be interesting to see how it hashes out.

For all we know, all these clamshell could be mid tier devices to keep costs down. We shall see.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Unbox Therapy’s unboxing of the Razr makes the minimalist pocket-ability of clamshell foldables attractive.
Just watched it and that part stuck out for me too. The mini display looks cool and seems fun to use, and half the pocket bulge becomes a big advantage over time.

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Just watched it and that part stuck out for me too. The mini display looks cool and seems fun to use, and half the pocket bulge becomes a big advantage over time.

Just realized how small the mini display is on the Samsung versus the Razr. That's kind of a big deal for a foldable, I would think.

Mellofello808

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
I think I would rather have the clamshell fold vs the tablet fold.

I just wish there was a big square second display on the front.

FlippyGonnaSnap

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2019
I’d love the tablet fold but I’ll give it a few years for it to be more perfected. I’d be to paranoid to actually enjoy the thing right now.

Being able to unfold a phone in to a tablet is a dream for me.

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2019
Foldable glass on the Galaxy Fold 2, just confirmed by Ice Universe. If he's correct on this, SJGR.

20191224_071741.jpg

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Crazy if true.

The first use of such a material on such a material object.

I wonder if it's some kind of substrate hybrid?
Kinda like a windscreen?

My westworld tablet phone is getting closer!

I would LOVE LOVE to have a Westworld like phone/tablet!

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
I would LOVE LOVE to have a Westworld like phone/tablet!

I know right?

When I hear people saying they don't understand why anybody would want a phone that turns into tablet, I shake my head in disbelief, if done correctly, they will destroy the tablet market, so I don't have any doubt it will be a market Apple will eventually delve into, once others spend billions on R&D for them lol.

Oh, and Merry Xmas people, it's already the 25th here in NZ, hope you all are enjoying the festive season.

Last edited:
Reactions: iSilas and jamezr

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I know right?

When I hear people saying they dont understand why anybody would want a phone that turns into tablet, I shake my head in disbelief, if doe correctly, they will destroy the tablet market, so I dont have any doubt it will be a market Apple will eventually delve into, once others spend bullions on R&D for them lol.

Oh, and Merry Xmas people, it's already the 25th here in NZ, hope you all are enjoying the festive season.
Merry Christmas :)

Reactions: Klyster
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.