Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Oh I see.

MoKo Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 11-Inch 2023 (SM-X710/716B/718U) with S-Pen Holder, Hand Strap, Pocket, Multi-Angle Viewing Folding Stand Folio Cover Case for Galaxy Tab S9 2023, Blue Starry Sky https://www.amazon.com/MoKo-Samsung-11-Inch-SM-X710-Multi-Angle/dp/B0CBRRY26J

Here is just one example of many on Amazon. Doesn't add too much weight. Unfortunately most cases that have a screen cover are going to add some weight.

I find it so odd that the Samsung case adds so much weight. That really does discourage use. Maybe you could return it? If it was free then you could sell it on Swappa or eBay and then buy another case that is a better fit.

No reason for a case to ruin a great tablet!

Amazon also usually has a generic magnetic case for the galaxy tab s8 and in some time should also have one for the S9 which costs a lot less and from what I have read for the s8 is not heavy?

Otherwise there are a lot of generic cases for around $20 in different designs and there are some with just a case on the tablet but no cover for the screen which are very cheap and some with a "military" build and can cost a bit more depending.
I suppose in defence of the Samsung case I should state that the front part is detachable so that will significantly reduce the weight and you can reattach it when you're finished. It's not really what I'm looking for though.

Reactions: Technerd108

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
I just picked up the S9+. I was really close to going with the S9 Ultra but decided to stay with the 12.4" version. Samsung sweetened the deal and it's better than when the S9 series launched. They upped the storage to 512GB @ $999, they increased the trade in value for their tablets. I used my S7 FE and got $500, up from $300 when the S9 first launched and I added the Galaxy Buds2 Pro's for $49 extra. So my total bill with tax comes out to $588.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 24, 2021
I just picked up the S9+. I was really close to going with the S9 Ultra but decided to stay with the 12.4" version. Samsung sweetened the deal and it's better than when the S9 series launched. They upped the storage to 512GB @ $999, they increased the trade in value for their tablets. I used my S7 FE and got $500, up from $300 when the S9 first launched and I added the Galaxy Buds2 Pro's for $49 extra. So my total bill with tax comes out to $588.

Trade in value and great products have kept me a Samsung customer for years.

I was able to get my tab s9 for $269 before taxes with trade in. I had a s22 + and Google Fi had a pre order deal for half off base model price any s23 no trade in required. So I sold my s22 plus and it paid almost complete for the s23 ultra. During the holidays last year Samsung ran a promotion on Galaxy Buds 2 Pro and a nice trade in on any buds. So I sent in a set of original Galaxy buds and paid just over $100.

Compared to Apple or any other OEM, Samsung offers the best overall and consistent deals for it's customers. This can be a double edge sword. The value of Samsung devices generally fall faster than Apple. So selling your devices on private market can be a good or bad thing. Sometimes Samsung trade in value is higher than market value. That is generally when I trade in to Samsung.

If I were to buy an iPhone Pro Max every year unlocked I would be paying around $1300. I could get a trade in on my 13 Pro for 680. Once I added Apple Care I was at $1000 with the trade in on my basically decent phone. Because I had a carrier locked iPhone I had to get rid of that iPhone. It just didn't make financial sense to spend $1000 for a new iPhone when I could get a Android alternative at the time for free.

So the tablet series this year Samsung seems to be much more aggressive with trade in values than with the s23 phones. I got a very good trade in value for my tab s8. The tab s9 is one of the best Android Tablets ever made. It is a perfect evolution of tab s series. It is super fast, has great battery life and thermal performance. The speakers are even louder and have more bass which was lacking in the tab s7 and s8. The screen is the real show stopper for the tab s9 11" this year with a bright, beautiful, crisp and clear OLED screen. I have a 5th gen iPad which used to be pretty evenly matched against the tab s8 but now the tab s9 just destroys the iPad except for iPad OS, M series chip is still a better overall chip but other than the lighter design and beautiful purple shell the hardware on the tab s9 is vastly superior. I still love my 5th gen iPad. Best iPad I ever had.

majkom

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2011
Lol, gonna buy s9 ultra - with trade in bonus, recent sales promotion of one of resellers, keyboard cover for free from samsung, i will sell it just after receiving trade in bonus from samsung for more than i will pay for it. Samsung sales bonuses are crazy sometimes:)

Reactions: Technerd108
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.