Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
Gear Fit Pro ....This is going to be a huge improvement from the Fit 2. I just hope it fits my wrist correctly, as the Fit 2 didn't. If the price is similar to what the Fit 2 was at release, then this will sell like hotcakes.

https://phoneradar.com/samsung-gear-fit-2-pro-leaks-reveals-design-new-features-like-swim-tracking/

Samsung-_Gear-_Fit-2-_Pro.jpg

Yes, we have some newly leaked information regarding the same and it does look like a really promising device. The source got their hands on the training deck of the device. As you can see from the image shown below, the device looks more or less similar to the previously launched Gear Fit 2. The display now, however, takes up the entire front as supposed some visible bezels on the reguar Gear Fit 2. The curve is retained as well, making it a fit better on the wrist.

The Gear Fit2 Pro seems to have two buttons on the sides which is again quite similar to what the Gear Fit 2 had offered. One interesting feature of the Gear Fit 2 Pro is that it includes 5 ATM water resistance. With this, you can even wear it in water i.e. you can fully submerge it and use it for tracking swimming activities, etc. Although the last year’s variant had IP68 certification, it didn’t have the 5 ATM resistance.

Another thing which you can probably already see on the display is that the Gear Fit 2 Pro has the ability to save Spotify songs for offline listening. This is a nice addition. Additionally, you will also get a free year of Under Armour’s premium digital workouts/services. This new variant will also have the new watch-style clasp which will allow for a better fit than the snap clasp from last year.

Gear Sport ...... Not much is known about this yet, but Samsung filed with the FCC. I wonder if it's a cheaper version of the S3 or a replacement name for the S4.

Samsung-_Gear-_Sport-_FCC.jpg

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
Currently, I have a Gear S2. it's pretty good. However, I had a Gear Fit 2 and it was just as good for activity tracking. I'll be watching this. Maybe, for Note 8 early adopters, they'll get a free Gear Fit Pro? We'll see...

Reactions: LIVEFRMNYC

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
My next sports watch could be a smartwatch. My current Garmin is great, but I'm interested in upgrading in the near future.

Looking forward to more details.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
Currently, I have a Gear S2. it's pretty good. However, I had a Gear Fit 2 and it was just as good for activity tracking. I'll be watching this. Maybe, for Note 8 early adopters, they'll get a free Gear Fit Pro? We'll see...

That would nice. I didn't even think about that.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
I took a risk by jumping on a refurb S3 a couple of weeks ago (knowing that new watches were coming soon) but now I'm glad I did.

I think I'll just hold off on smartwatches a little while longer. I'm in no rush to get into them anyway.

In fact, I'm going to pull the trigger on a Citizen watch that I've been eyeing and holding back on in part for the new Gear watch reveal. :)

How are you liking the S3?

Sounds Good

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2007
I think I'll just hold off on smartwatches a little while longer. I'm in no rush to get into them anyway.

In fact, I'm going to pull the trigger on a Citizen watch that I've been eyeing and holding back on in part for the new Gear watch reveal. :)

How are you liking the S3?
I like it. Still haven't figured out how to use every feature to my advantage, but I've got time (no pun intended ;)).

Here's an example of something I really like: I use alarms throughout the day every day to remind me of all sorts of things. And I often hit snooze to re-remind me a few minutes later. I love NOT having to pull my phone out of my pocket each and every time the alarm goes off. Instead I just casually reach for the S3 and hit Stop or Snooze. Very convenient.

Truth is that if the S3 had only been available as a "new" item for $349 or even $299 I would have waited for the S4. But at $209.95 the refurb was hard to pass up -- and it was like brand new.

Reactions: epicrayban

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
I like it. Still haven't figured out how to use every feature to my advantage, but I've got time (no pun intended ;)).

Here's an example of something I really like: I use alarms throughout the day every day to remind me of all sorts of things. And I often hit snooze to re-remind me a few minutes later. I love NOT having to pull my phone out of my pocket each and every time the alarm goes off. Instead I just casually reach for the S# and hit Stop or Snooze. Very convenient.

Truth is that if the S3 had only been available as "new" item for $349 or even $299 I would have waited for the S4. But at $209.95 the refurb was hard to pass up -- and it was like brand new.

Yeah, that's a good price!

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
So, it looks like the S3 smartwatch will remain the flagship watch.

The gear fit sport tops the s3 with swim tracking and an improved heart rate monitor, The battery will be equal or less, Samsung pay but without MST, etc.

It looks like a great watch. I had the s3 and use it for both a casual watch and a sport/run tracking. It does great in both aspects. I am a larger guy, so the size of the watch doesn't bother me.

I don't see, beyond the swim tracking, how it improves on the S3 sport tracking. I have owned a few android wataches, as well as the apple watch 2 nike edition. The Gear s3 is my favorite so far.

Assuming it doesn't, Ill be keeping my S3 (which I love), and will be very interested in the icon X upgrade. The airpods didn't fit my ears, and the Icons appear to match the airpods in battery life, bixby integration, while improving on fit (for me, hopefully), and sports tracking.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
The design of the Gear Sport is basically the same as the Gear S2 Classic, with a difference of the rotating bezel having smaller ridges and better water resistance. Spec wise it's just a small bump in battery, ram, and cpu.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX

I agree the S3 frontier looks much better but I am interested in that increased water resistance. While my S3 Frontier is ip68 (I believe), I still don't wear it in the pool or in water just because Samsung won't cover it in case it gets liquid damage. I'd like to have a water resistance rating that at least gives me more comfort to wear in the pool when I'm playing with my 2 year daughter. But, I'm still not going to buy this, maybe a few more iterations down the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: epicrayban
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.