Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
Has anyone had any issues with having a long wait time to receive your titanium watch? I ordered one last week and it still has not shipped. When checking others models the delivery time is only a few days. What’s up with the titanium edition?

Cyberpower678

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2015
Everywhere
Has anyone had any issues with having a long wait time to receive your titanium watch? I ordered one last week and it still has not shipped. When checking others models the delivery time is only a few days. What’s up with the titanium edition?

Probably more difficult to manufacture en masse. Mine took 50 days to deliver. Worth the wait though. With the abuse I put it through, not a single scuff.

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
Good to know about the durability. I’m coming from a SB SS series 2, hardly a mark on it after 3 years. I was considering the aluminum series 5 but I really wanted the sapphire crystal and wanted a change from the sb ss.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
Titanium edition in silver or space black is available at four Apple stores near me for pickup today. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I placed an order for the Apple Watch SB Titanium 44 mm on 12/3/19. That same night, it went to preparing to ship, and on 12/4/19, I got an e-mail that my AW SB Titanium shipped. Per tracking, my watch is currently in Louisville, KY via UPS, and expected delivery is 12/12/19. However, before UPS updated it, it said it would be delivered on 12/10/19. I'm fairly certain it will be delivered to me on 12/10/19. Interestingly, my apple order status says 12/13/19.

Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 1.46.41 PM.png

Also mine was shipped from Suzhou, China so looks like mine was just made recently, but have to wait to I receive it to see when it was actually built.

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
Hopefully my status will update soon. I order the same watch as you with the anchor grey sport loop. My order was placed on the 5th. It went to preparing for shipment that night, and it’s been that way ever since.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I mentioned this before, (and it was also mentioned in the titanium thread), Apples allocation availability is really strange for the titanium Apple Watch. Out of the three Apple stores within a 60 mile radius in my area, two of the three have only stocked the black titanium’s since its launch, now it seems the the black titanium is nearly impossible to find, with the natural titanium is frequently in stock. Weird.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Hopefully my status will update soon. I order the same watch as you with the anchor grey sport loop. My order was placed on the 5th. It went to preparing for shipment that night, and it’s been that way ever since.
Since it's being shipped from China, it'll likely be UPS. So I'm pretty sure you can be able to locate the tracking via your phone number or the order number minus the last 2 digit.

Cyberpower678

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2015
Everywhere
Good to know about the durability. I’m coming from a SB SS series 2, hardly a mark on it after 3 years. I was considering the aluminum series 5 but I really wanted the sapphire crystal and wanted a change from the sb ss.

I came from a SS series 0. Man what a difference. My old one was pretty scuffed on the metal though. Sapphire held up very nicely. I was always bummed that mine wasn’t rated for swimming as the new ones are now. Super glad I can swim with mine now.

Cyberpower678

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2015
Everywhere
Since it's being shipped from China, it'll likely be UPS. So I'm pretty sure you can be able to locate the tracking via your phone number or the order number minus the last 2 digit.

What strikes me as odd is that signatures are not required. First Apple shipment I’ve had to not sign for. Odd. I also work for UPS, and other Apple shipments don’t require a signature either. But I’ve delivering mostly watches and iPad Minis based on the box sizes.

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
I placed an order for the Apple Watch SB Titanium 44 mm on 12/3/19. That same night, it went to preparing to ship, and on 12/4/19, I got an e-mail that my AW SB Titanium shipped. Per tracking, my watch is currently in Louisville, KY via UPS, and expected delivery is 12/12/19. However, before UPS updated it, it said it would be delivered on 12/10/19. I'm fairly certain it will be delivered to me on 12/10/19. Interestingly, my apple order status says 12/13/19.

View attachment 881539

Also mine was shipped from Suzhou, China so looks like mine was just made recently, but have to wait to I receive it to see when it was actually built.

Apple sent me the AppleCare agreement which has the serial number on it. I checked and mine is a week 48 December. Doesn’t get much fresher than that. Maybe they are build to order now! Lol

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Apple sent me the AppleCare agreement which has the serial number on it. I checked and mine is a week 48 December. Doesn’t get much fresher than that. Maybe they are build to order now! Lol
Yea I didn't add AppleCare Plus on mine yet, so I wouldn't know mine. UPS rescheduled my package from 12/12/19 to 12/10/19, so I am getting mine delivered tomorrow. However, I did request a hold for pick up at my UPS CC, but since I work 10 to 6 tomorrow and the UPS CC closes at 6 pm, I'll have to wait till Wednesday to pick it up.

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
Yea I didn't add AppleCare Plus on mine yet, so I wouldn't know mine. UPS rescheduled my package from 12/12/19 to 12/10/19, so I am getting mine delivered tomorrow. However, I did request a hold for pick up at my UPS CC, but since I work 10 to 6 tomorrow and the UPS CC closes at 6 pm, I'll have to wait till Wednesday to pick it up.
How do you determine build date?
I used this site. http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
How do you determine build date?
The 4th Digit is the Year in a quarter and the 5th Digit is the Week. So the 2nd Quarter of 2019 is Z. Week M = 44, N = 45, P = 46, Q = 47, R = 48. You skip the Vowels like A,E,I.O.U and also S as well.

Edit: First 2-3 letter is the manufacturing plant.
[automerge]1575943551[/automerge]
No need to use those sites if you know it by head. ;)

Edit: But I'm also curious how Apple do with serial numbers in 2020 since Z is the last one on the alphabet. Gotta start somewhere.

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
I have used that site for years to get info for every Apple product I’ve bought. Never had an issue. Not saying that bad things can’t happen, but I have not had any issues with it.

Reactions: esternberg387

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I was able to pick up my watch after work at the UPS CC as I was able to leave work early to watch my son play soccer. Looks like based on the serial number for mine (without even using that website), it's week 47. Not bad.

Reactions: BullittMustang

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
I was able to pick up my watch after work at the UPS CC as I was able to leave work early to watch my son play soccer. Looks like based on the serial number for mine (without even using that website), it's week 47. Not bad.
How do you like it so far, What watch are you coming from previously? I have not seen one in person yet.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
How do you like it so far, What watch are you coming from previously? I have not seen one in person yet.
So far I really like it. Looking at one in store is completely different then actually owning it. I came from the AW Series 4 SBSS. I did however get the AW Series 5 SBSS when it was out and I regretted not getting the SB Titanium then, plus I wanted to try something different. So I ended up just returning the SBSS that time and was without a watch since and wait till the SB Titanium would ship closer. Back then was stated for December delivery always, but waited till after Thanksgiving which the shipping time got closer to 1-2 weeks then I decided to place an order.

I would say it's closely like the Aluminum when looked at it far away, but on the flip side it has the sapphire glass on the screen.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
So far I really like it. Looking at one in store is completely different then actually owning it. I came from the AW Series 4 SBSS. I did however get the AW Series 5 SBSS when it was out and I regretted not getting the SB Titanium then, plus I wanted to try something different. So I ended up just returning the SBSS that time and was without a watch since and wait till the SB Titanium would ship closer. Back then was stated for December delivery always, but waited till after Thanksgiving which the shipping time got closer to 1-2 weeks then I decided to place an order.

I would say it's closely like the Aluminum when looked at it far away, but on the flip side it has the sapphire glass on the screen.
Glad your pleased with it. I initially got the SS S5 but, really wanted the natural Ti. I returned the SS for the Ti and and extremely happy with it.

rdavis41

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2009

Glad I wasn’t the only one itching to pull the trigger on one of these. I’m coming from the SBSS the last two editions as well. What caught me off guard at first is the noticeable weight difference of the watch compared to the SS. for the 44mm its listed as only a 6 gram difference, but I sure noticed it.

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008

I picked mine up after work at fed ex today after a missed delivery this morning. I guess it requires a signature, I didn’t know.
It really is a nice looking watch. Do far very satisfied with the look of the titanium and the speed of the 5 over 2 I had.
[automerge]1576291075[/automerge]
I picked mine up after work at fed ex today after a missed delivery this morning. I guess it requires a signature, I didn’t know.
It really is a nice looking watch. So far very satisfied with the look of the titanium and the speed of the 5 over 2 I had.

Reactions: Shadowbech

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
It really is a nice looking watch. Do far very satisfied with the look of the titanium and the speed of the 5 over 2 I had.
[automerge]1576291075[/automerge]
That's awesome. I do notice quite different with the haptic between the Stainless Steel vs Titanium. I feel that with Titanium the vibration is much stronger. But that's just me.

Edit to add: I'm also surprised yours was shipped via fedex? That's interesting though because if it's shipped from China, they use UPS. Never heard it would ship via fedex? I know they ship via fedex if it's coming directly from the Warehouse from the State side.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.