Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
That's awesome. I do notice quite different with the haptic between the Stainless Steel vs Titanium. I feel that with Titanium the vibration is much stronger. But that's just me.

Edit to add: I'm also surprised yours was shipped via fedex? That's interesting though because if it's shipped from China, they use UPS. Never heard it would ship via fedex? I know they ship via fedex if it's coming directly from the Warehouse from the State side.
Definitely fed ex the whole way.

0C3CB32F-577E-41A7-BD0F-B44388F098D8.jpeg

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Interesting. That's good to know. I generally prefer Fedex over UPS because I have the flexibility to request a hold for pick up at my nearest Fedex Ship & Print Office and at anytime I am free, oppose to UPS CC as they have very limited hours during the day of when you can pick it up.

Reactions: BullittMustang

Cyberpower678

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2015
Everywhere
Interesting. That's good to know. I generally prefer Fedex over UPS because I have the flexibility to request a hold for pick up at my nearest Fedex Ship & Print Office and at anytime I am free, oppose to UPS CC as they have very limited hours during the day of when you can pick it up.

I’m actually the other way around. I’ve rarely met a FedEx shipment that actually ever came on time. Plus the I caught FedEx going 60 in our neighborhood earlier today on camera. They don’t hire quality employees. Add to that, I’m at a loss why UPS can ground ship from CA to FL in just 7 days, but FedEx can’t swing that, requiring 10 or more days to make the delivery.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Glad I wasn’t the only one itching to pull the trigger on one of these. I’m coming from the SBSS the last two editions as well. What caught me off guard at first is the noticeable weight difference of the watch compared to the SS. for the 44mm its listed as only a 6 gram difference, but I sure noticed it.

I didn’t notice the weight difference. You’re the first I’ve read where you distinguished the difference between the weight of the stainless and ceramic. It’s so close in comparison, it’s really negligible in the hand. But it probably depends how tight you’re wearing the band as well, which can play a role in noting the weight difference

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I’m actually the other way around. I’ve rarely met a FedEx shipment that actually ever came on time. Plus the I caught FedEx going 60 in our neighborhood earlier today on camera. They don’t hire quality employees. Add to that, I’m at a loss why UPS can ground ship from CA to FL in just 7 days, but FedEx can’t swing that, requiring 10 or more days to make the delivery.
For me Fedex has always and 100% reliable, and every time has been on time and I never had any issues with Fedex. I guess it depends who works and what not. While UPS is the one I don't trust at all, especially when they leave my AirPods Pro that I ordered on launch day and they just left it sitting outside at my condo complex in plain sight while I was at work. Luckily it wasn't stolen but it was very cold that day and could have been worse.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
I didn’t notice the weight difference. You’re the first I’ve read where you distinguished the difference between the weight of the stainless and ceramic. It’s so close in comparison, it’s really negligible in the hand. But it probably depends how tight you’re wearing the band as well, which can play a role in noting the weight difference
I have an S5 SSSb and S5 natural titanium. I don’t notice any difference in weight or haptic.

CYB3RBYTE

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2014
Midwest
I've always had UPS come on time with things, FedEx has been on time but they have also left things in stupid places before (like on my porch in the rain, stick it in the door dummy).

To be honest, the one carrier I've never had an issue with is USPS. Whenever I'm dealing with eBay shipments, or just regular shipments to family members, my local post office has been great. Their online click-n-ship, that's a little more problematic due to me not remembering my password every time I go to use it lol.

rdavis41

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2009

Really? I found it quite noticeable. I mean for a 44mm you’re talking about 7 grams difference which can be a lot on the wrist. Granted it’s not a deal breaker either way. I really noticed it when working out. I use sport loops mainly when working out and found the titanium stayed in place on the wrist better due to the reduced weight of case compared to weight of band.

Alwis

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2017
Here in Germany the titanium watch is not available in a single Apple Store, very weird. It also can not be ordered with pickup at any of the stores.

Does anyone know, with which delivery service the watches are shipped in Germany? I am considering ordering one, but do not want to collect it in a hard to reach pet food shop, which closes early in the afternoon... UPS would be fine, than I could redirect the shipment for pickup at an UPS center, DHL would be even better.

It is a pitty, that Apples does not allow selecting the delivery service when ordering.

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
I have to say after a few weeks with the TI. I often times have mild panic that i'm not wearing my watch or it fell off but there it is.. on my arm!. I was a SS wearer since Series 0 so it's definitely engrained in my subconscious.

Vegaspilot

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2010
It seems like the Ti watches all ship from China. I had an original natural one that came from China as it was launch date. I ended up returning for a defect where the screen wasn’t flush on one side. Ordered a SBTi for at the end of Nov and it shipped from China. Had to exchange it for the screen being worse than the first one and the replacement is shipping from China. Fingers crossed their times the charm or I’m waiting for Series 6 or whatever is next.

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
It seems like the Ti watches all ship from China. I had an original natural one that came from China as it was launch date. I ended up returning for a defect where the screen wasn’t flush on one side. Ordered a SBTi for at the end of Nov and it shipped from China. Had to exchange it for the screen being worse than the first one and the replacement is shipping from China. Fingers crossed their times the charm or I’m waiting for Series 6 or whatever is next.
What do you mean by not being flush Are you just being super picky? Or do you have incredible bad luck?

Vegaspilot

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2010
What do you mean by not being flush Are you just being super picky? Or do you have incredible bad luck?

Little bit of both probably. When you run your finger over the edge where the glass meets the case it’s not smooth. You can feel a lip/edge/roughness. My first Series 4 had the screen not flush on the bottom. Second was good all around. It seems to be the luck of the draw during assembly. I’m felt a flush Ti in store and one that wasn’t when I checked once. But for the money these cost, if I’m not happy with the fit and finish I’m not keeping it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.