Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peter_John

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2022
I watched this video, then I proceeded to cancel my orders for the glass protectors:

I will chance it and if it gets damaged, I'll just a AppleCare instance to repair lol
Saw this video and was just amazed by the Watch Ultra's durability! I guess it is one of the strongest smartwatches.

Peter_John

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2022
Anyone else with a tempered glass protector having weird touch issues?

It's most noticeable when entering my pin code. Tapping the numbers half the time registers a different number.
Glass protection always causes touch issues in phones and watches, I was using one on my watch and it was also having the same issue. So I changed it to a film screen guard from Gadgetshieldz which is good with touch response and is also good for scratch protection!

Last edited:

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
All good. I have a tempered glass one on mine now. I tend to thrash my arm around throughout the day at work (IT tech.) and I have scratched the screens on my stainless steel and edition watches.

Only problem I've experienced with the Ultra and tempered glass is the intermittent touch issue I never experienced with prior Apple Watches I used tempered glass on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.