Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brightjc@me.com

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2012
UK
Unwanted Screen Protector

Hi, I've just bought myself an iPad Air from eBay and all is well and good until I notice a couple of small dots, I've discovered that there is a screen protector on it! I don't really want a screen protector on my iPad because I think (rightly or wrongly I'm not sure) that they're pointless - does anyone know if and how they can be removed without damaging the screen???

vulcanvillalta

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2014
Hi, I've just bought myself an iPad Air from eBay and all is well and good until I notice a couple of small dots, I've discovered that there is a screen protector on it! I don't really want a screen protector on my iPad because I think (rightly or wrongly I'm not sure) that they're pointless - does anyone know if and how they can be removed without damaging the screen???

....Remove the screen protector......? Just peel it off.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
Screen protectors

I appreciate that, but I mean, how can you not see the perks of having it? It just doesn't make sense to me. Use protection. Have insurance. It's just a good idea.

Depending on the screen protector; you can experience up to 20% touch sensitivity loss by placing a screen protector on any of the newer smartphones or tablets that use scratch resistant materials such as gorilla glass.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.