Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
Hey guys. Just wanted to show some screenshots of an upcoming iphone app that will be released in a couple weeks. It's a weight tracking app called Weightbot. Yes, there are quite a few weight tracking apps on the store right now, but we took a different approach and focused on it being easy to use, fun, well-designed, and useful for everyone. These are screenshots of it running on my phone. I'll be creating a video of the app in action pretty soon. I'd love to hear your thoughts, good and bad. :)

If you click through on the image, you'll go to the flickr page with comments on the actual screens.

App Icon:

Load Screen:

Main View:

Set Weight:

Graph (just turn the phone sideways to access the graph):

Settings:

Visual Representation of the App:

And here's the set with all the images:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/radiantmark/sets/72157607854066570/

iTeleport

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

you've got a pretty excellent designer there. I like how the app keeps fairly close to the standard GUI but takes it in a different direction. The blend of the black from the iPhone straight into makes it look like a standard apple app.

StingerT125

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Dutchess County New York
I record my weight in the morning and at night. So far all the weight tracking apps that I have looked at all only seem to have one entry per day. Yours looks nice though.

Can the entries be edited after they are input?

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
I record my weight in the morning and at night. So far all the weight tracking apps that I have looked at all only seem to have one entry per day. Yours looks nice though.

Can the entries be edited after they are input?

Ours is once per day as well to keep it simple, but you can clear or edit any day's entry.

Amt

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2008
Wow. Love the computer (or treadmill?) design. The app looks pretty good. =)

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007
VERY VERY slick looking. You've got (are) a wonderful designer, and the photography (rather than screenshots) work superbly well. You've managed to make what might be considered a bit of a mundane app at first glance, look exciting.

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007
I'm in the UK and we measure our weight in stone for the most part, will that be a unit?

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
I'm in the UK and we measure our weight in stone for the most part, will that be a unit?

Interesting. I've never heard that before. :) Is this a standard in the UK? Right now we are only supporting LB and KG. More measurements are a possibility in the future.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Don't really have a need for this app myself, but just wanted to agree with every one that it's very well designed. I appreciate developers who make really slick-looking apps like this, and add a little whimsy (like a robot) to something that's usually quite mundane.

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007
Interesting. I've never heard that before. :) Is this a standard in the UK? Right now we are only supporting LB and KG. More measurements are a possibility in the future.

To be fair, kg are just as acceptable in the UK, it's just most people here use stone. ie 12 stone 8, etc... - I think it would be handy to have a few more measurements in an update sometime :) I for instance have no clue what my weight in kg is, but I guess it doesn't matter that much

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
To be fair, kg are just as acceptable in the UK, it's just most people here use stone. ie 12 stone 8, etc... - I think it would be handy to have a few more measurements in an update sometime :) I for instance have no clue what my weight in kg is, but I guess it doesn't matter that much

I always thought the UK used LBS like the US. :)

hollerz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Durham, UK
That looks stunning, one of the best designed apps I've seen! I wish I had a reason to monitor my weight just so I had a reason to use it! :D

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Wow! One of the best looking apps for iPhone I have seen.

Very nicely done.

Please let us know when it gets released.

I'm definitely be needing a weight tracker over the holidays' season. :D:D

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
Elegantly done. I would pay $2.99. We'll add your interface to the likings of AccuFuel and Bloomberg.

My girlfriend's roommate has a scale in the bedroom and bathroom and I may have seen one in the hall for some time! She'll be the first I recommend this to.

edrex

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2008
She'll be the first I recommend this to.
Step 1 - Recommend a weight tracking program for your girlfriend
Step 2 - Take time while the bruises heal to reflect on the things you will do differently with your next girlfriend

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.