Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
Since it's well known that weight normally fluctuates, sometimes significantly, throughout the day and week, does this app offer some sort of averaging feature?

Google: http://snipurl.com/weightfluctuates

Yea we've gotten a few requests for this feature. It's definitely something we are looking into. It won't be there for launch, but definitely in a near future release. :)

zhaden

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2008
Step 1 - Recommend a weight tracking program for your girlfriend
Step 2 - Take time while the bruises heal to reflect on the things you will do differently with your next girlfriend
His girlfriend's roommate.

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
Does it allow for Height to be set to the .25 or the .5 inches? there are a lot of people at 5' 8.5" or 6' 2.25".

I think it would make for more accurate results if you do that no?:)

Nope. Our goal is to provide a simple and fun weight tracking app that fits the needs of the majority. There are a few weight tracking/dieting apps on the app store now that do much more than our app. We will not be competing with them in features. We are aiming weightbot to be the iLife-like consumer app. We are focusing on beautiful design, great usability, and making a normally mundane task a little more fun. :)

So to answer your question directly, fractions of an inch isn't going to change your BMI enough to where it warrants adding more data points for the user to have to scroll through.

VeNoMiZeD

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
San Francisco
Since this app is into fitness. Can you develop a personalized daily calorie counter that saves the numbers throughout the day? Basically a logger.

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
Does weight need to be entered every day for the app to be effective? I find it more appropriate to weight myself only once a week.

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
Does weight need to be entered every day for the app to be effective? I find it more appropriate to weight myself only once a week.

You can weigh yourself at whatever interval you wish. The only [intentional] limitation is it only saves a max of 1 weight a day. So if you enter multiple numbers a day, it only keeps the last one entered for that day.

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
Nope. Our goal is to provide a simple and fun weight tracking app that fits the needs of the majority. There are a few weight tracking/dieting apps on the app store now that do much more than our app. We will not be competing with them in features. We are aiming weightbot to be the iLife-like consumer app. We are focusing on beautiful design, great usability, and making a normally mundane task a little more fun. :)

So to answer your question directly, fractions of an inch isn't going to change your BMI enough to where it warrants adding more data points for the user to have to scroll through.

OK thank you. I was wondering if .25 or .5 would make that much of a difference.

Kudos on the app. I will being buying it when released.

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
Weightbot has hit 1.0 and was submitted to Apple this morning for review. Now its just a matter of time (and apple's grace?). :cool: We also threw together a temporary page on the site until the real site is complete: http://tapbots.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.