Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

babyexercise

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
Around 30% of all SE2 ship to Japan, biggest SE2 consumer in the world

SE2 is best selling phone in Japan before SE3 comes out

then why?
-Japanese loves iPhone, around 70% phones in Japan are iPhones, highest % in the world.
-Japanese buy phone mainly through cellular plan. They can get SE2 for free by signing a plan.
-Japanese culture like to be quiet in public. They prevent mobile call in public and mainly use texting. One hand control is important since their subway is crowded and normal one hand is holding the hanging ring
-Their culture just like small phone, may be fashion, phone culture history.

Last edited:

babyexercise

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
Another reason is Japanese like to wear mask long before Covid 19 came out. Only iphone 12 or 13 has face id with mask is not a good budget choice for most of them.

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
Wow, that’s actually really interesting. I love the balanced reverence of beauty, functionality, and modesty that permeates Japanese society.

Last edited:
Reactions: LFC2020

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Another reason is Japanese like to wear mask long before Covid 19 came out. Only iphone 12 or 13 has face id with mask is not a good budget choice for most of them.
Not just Japan, also Korea as well. Reason is because the dust in the air is coming from China and it's very bad so most people were recommended to wear masks when they are outside to prevent breathing in them.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Around 30% of all SE2 ship to Japan, biggest SE2 consumer in the world

SE2 is best selling phone in Japan before SE3 comes out

then why?
-Japanese loves iPhone, around 70% phones in Japan are iPhones, highest % in the world.
-Japanese buy phone mainly through cellular plan. They can get SE2 for free by signing a plan.
-Japanese culture like to be quiet in public. They prevent mobile call in public and mainly use texting. One hand control is important since their subway is crowded and normal one hand is holding the hanging ring
-Their culture just like small phone, may be fashion, phone culture history.
Very interesting indeed.

And yes, the Japanese love iPhones. Apple put attention to Japan as well, with support of Suica and Pasmo.

I don't think the small phone preference is a factor. If that's the case, the mini would be more popular. I'm guessing it's typical in countries with subsidy contracts, the free phones would be the popular ones.

Reactions: JPack and sorgo †

babyexercise

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
  • Wow
Reactions: sorgo †

HalfFullmoon

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2021
You can completely ignore that website. Just complete and utter BS. Look at past history on that website, where there is little change in market share over the years.

If that was your source, then I am sorry, you are mistaken. Even the Macrumors link I used above disagrees with that website.

babyexercise

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
You can completely ignore that website. Just complete and utter BS. Look at past history on that website, where there is little change in market share over the years.

If that was your source, then I am sorry, you are mistaken. Even the Macrumors link I used above disagrees with that website.

The top stats is always last month stats. If you choose other year, only the graph data is updated. Data looks normal for me.

babyexercise

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021

No point to argue this data is BS

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
It is interesting to see data in other countries too
??

1648108572084.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.