Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

so

• yes

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • no

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • not sure

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Why, SE users here just spent $749AUD for a 64gb lol.

ouch $250 for my SE 128GB, Walmart with ATT financing then just bought it outright and got it unlocked. Still that was a steal even for here, its normally $449 for that but still...

I do hear the international prices are brutal!

I would think most SE2 users are considering the 5.4" or the jumbo 6.7" for extremities leap. But never know, I'm sure some are after the 6.1" Non Pro / Pro ones

This thread will likely have more relevance and input after Tuesday

Reactions: cdcastillo

cdcastillo

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
The cesspit of civilization
If there was no pandemic, I would, for the mini size. But right now, because of facemasks, Face ID is next to useless. Touch ID is the way to go. Maybe for 2022, after this subsides. Because let's be frank, COVID19 will still be wreaking havoc next year.

Reactions: cjking2007

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
If there was no pandemic, I would, for the mini size. But right now, because of facemasks, Face ID is next to useless. Touch ID is the way to go. Maybe for 2022, after this subsides.

it really is a miss to not have Touch ID on the lock button given the weird times we are in, I'll admit. Especially knowing the tech is now there, with Air 2020. No matter the logistical / cost explanation.

it is also odd when SE2020 came out, given it wasn't designed with the pandemic complication in mind at all.

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
My wife has the SE2020 and has absolutely no desire or need to open her wallet to replace it with a new phone. It does what she requires.

Frankras

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
No, got the 128 GB version (RED) and it’s running smooth and get the job done.
No desire to use 700+ dollars this time for what I’m using my phone for.

Frank

austyn23

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2017
Yes, the mini if the numbers are good (money numbers).

Sold the 11Pro (and the 11 and XR before) because of it’s size and weight.

The SE works great, and the camera is good. But I want to change the design after having the 6s, 7 and 8.

I can sell the SE for good money, is 6 month old and it’s price won’t reduce after the 12 is here. Will make numbers on Tuesday and decide.

Aratim

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2020
I was really uncertain. The battery of the SE2020 is a big point of criticism.
However, the leaks and suspicions so far do not appeal to me.
Besides that I am really happy with the SE, except for the battery. I will keep 99% SE until iPhone 13 and then I will take the step to a Pro version. Unless tomorrow there are some real surprises, like Touch ID etc.

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
Won’t be
Yes, the mini if the numbers are good (money numbers).

Sold the 11Pro (and the 11 and XR before) because of it’s size and weight.

The SE works great, and the camera is good. But I want to change the design after having the 6s, 7 and 8.

I can sell the SE for good money, is 6 month old and it’s price won’t reduce after the 12 is here. Will make numbers on Tuesday and decide.

Won’t be much weight difference between mini and 11 pro, not enough to worry about, think you will be out of luck.

yasas

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2019
I got my SE2 because my 7Plus became unusuable, thinking I would upgrade to the new ones eventually and sell the SE.

I really don’t like the small screen and having only one camera, as well as charging my phone 2-3 times a day but on the other hand all my friends hate using FaceID during the pandemic.

I bought the SE for 400 euros and could sell it for probably 300 now, so I wouldn’t loose that much money. It really depends on the keynote. Thinking about going with the Pro Max.. Although I would get the new phone probably only in like December. So I’m not sure it makes much sense at this point.

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
it really is a miss to not have Touch ID on the lock button given the weird times we are in, I'll admit. Especially knowing the tech is now there, with Air 2020. No matter the logistical / cost explanation.

it is also odd when SE2020 came out, given it wasn't designed with the pandemic complication in mind at all.
How do you put a case on a phone with TouchID in the lock button?

Lwii2boo

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2020
Paris, France
iPhone is now almost a mature product, expect if you made a mistake on your current iPhone, I don't see any rational to justify an upgrade of any modern iPhone before the 2-year mark.

tenordrum

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2019
DC Beltway
The SE2 fits my needs. Now that I am retired, I use the phone very little, especially compared to the AW5. Originally I thought moving from the IP7 I would have liked a larger screen (bad eyes) yet given the reduced usage, I am just fine not spending a lot of $ for a new phone. Touch ID works for me. 5G may be nice in a future IP yet most of the emails I receive and websites I visit are now done at home not on the phone.

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
I will be getting the Iphone 12 mini as its even more compact than my 2nd Gen SE, plus will be my first Face ID iphone which i am not too ecstatic about but it is what it is. Ill keep my SE, like i do all my iphones and once Whatsapp finally releases its multi device feature, then i will swap my iphones around as my daily driver when i feel like it (mainly between SE, 8 Plus and 12 mini).

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
I just traded my iphone 11 to SE 2 because of touch id... if all iphone 12 series will only have face id... then I will wait until we no longer need to wear mask before i jump again to faceid..
Tbh faceid is completely useless this pandemic season. I hate typing my pin to unlock my phone.

nellisere

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2011
I previously had an XS Max for nearly 2 years, was a great phone and I much prefer Face ID to Touch ID (sweaty finger tips are the worst!). As I broke the screen, I sold the phone for £280 and got a contract for £25 a month on an SE2020. I do like the phone, but still despise TouchID. I for one shall be purchasing the 12 Pro Max (assuming that is the name, grinds my gears when people are assuming that rumoured leaks are confirmed 100%!). I miss the large screen, the dual cameras (or triple!) and the FaceID.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.