Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeroen Diederen

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
I tried to build but it stops after 648 minutes lol. I get the same error as xeno74 observed:

648:35.71 ../../../../../build/unix/gold/ld: error: /home/jeroen/src/other/sealion/SeaLion-32.5.0/obj-powerpc64-linux-gnu/security/nss/lib/freebl/freebl_freeblpriv3/../freebl_gcm-aes-ppc_c_lib/sha512-p8.o: ABI version 2 is not compatible with ABI version 1 output

I know what to do now...

648:35.32 Executing: /usr/bin/g++ -flax-vector-conversions -fpermissive -O3 -falign-loops=16 -falign-functions=16 -falign-labels=16 -falign-jumps=16 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -Wall -Wempty-body -Wignored-qualifiers -Woverloaded-virtual -Wpointer-arith -Wsign-compare -Wtype-limits -Wunreachable-code -Wwrite-strings -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wc++1z-compat -Wimplicit-fallthrough -Wno-error=maybe-uninitialized -Wno-error=deprecated-declarations -Wno-error=array-bounds -Wno-error=multistatement-macros -fno-sized-deallocation -flifetime-dse=1 -fno-exceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -fno-math-errno -pipe -pthread -g -freorder-blocks -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fPIC -shared -Wl,-z,defs -Wl,-h,libfreeblpriv3.so -o libfreeblpriv3.so /home/jeroen/src/other/sealion/SeaLion-32.5.0/obj-powerpc64-linux-gnu/security/nss/lib/freebl/freebl_freeblpriv3/tmp0WZTwi.list -lpthread -Wl,-z,noexecstack -Wl,-z,text -Wl,--build-id -B ../../../../../build/unix/gold -Wl,-rpath-link,/home/jeroen/src/other/sealion/SeaLion-32.5.0/obj-powerpc64-linux-gnu/dist/bin -Wl,-rpath-link,/usr/local/lib ../../../../../config/external/nspr/pr/libnspr4.so ../../../../../config/external/nspr/libc/libplc4.so ../../../../../config/external/nspr/ds/libplds4.so -Wl,--version-script,out.freebl_hash_vector.def -ldl -lpthread -ldl -lc
648:35.32 /home/jeroen/src/other/sealion/SeaLion-32.5.0/obj-powerpc64-linux-gnu/security/nss/lib/freebl/freebl_freeblpriv3/tmp0WZTwi.list:
648:35.71 ../../../../../build/unix/gold/ld: warning: wildcard match appears in both version 'NSSprivate_3.11' and 'NSSprivate_3.16' in script
648:35.71 ../../../../../build/unix/gold/ld: error: /home/jeroen/src/other/sealion/SeaLion-32.5.0/obj-powerpc64-linux-gnu/security/nss/lib/freebl/freebl_freeblpriv3/../freebl_gcm-aes-ppc_c_lib/sha512-p8.o: ABI version 2 is not compatible with ABI version 1 output
648:35.71 collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
648:35.71 gmake[5]: *** [/home/jeroen/src/other/sealion/SeaLion-32.5.0/platform/config/rules.mk:772: libfreeblpriv3.so] Error 1
648:35.71 gmake[4]: *** [/home/jeroen/src/other/sealion/SeaLion-32.5.0/platform/config/recurse.mk:71: security/nss/lib/freebl/freebl_freeblpriv3/target] Error 2
648:35.72 gmake[3]: *** [/home/jeroen/src/other/sealion/SeaLion-32.5.0/platform/config/recurse.mk:33: compile] Error 2
648:35.72 gmake[2]: *** [/home/jeroen/src/other/sealion/SeaLion-32.5.0/platform/config/rules.mk:493: default] Error 2
648:35.73 gmake[1]: *** [/home/jeroen/src/other/sealion/SeaLion-32.5.0/client.mk:406: realbuild] Error 2
648:35.73 gmake: *** [client.mk:164: build] Error 2
648:35.77 914 compiler warnings present.
648:41.56 Notification center failed: The name org.freedesktop.Notifications was not provided by any .service files

Jeroen Diederen

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Building of SeaLion 32.4.0 PPC64 with Python2.7 on Fedora 28 PPC64.

Code:
/usr/bin/ld: ../freebl_gcm-aes-ppc_c_lib/sha512-p8.o: ABI version 2 is not compatible with ABI version 1 output
290:49.47 /usr/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file ../freebl_gcm-aes-ppc_c_lib/sha512-p8.o
290:49.47 collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
290:49.48 gmake[5]: *** [/media/home/amigaone/Downloads/SeaLion-32.4.0/platform/config/rules.mk:772: libfreeblpriv3.so] Error 1
290:49.48 gmake[4]: *** [/media/home/amigaone/Downloads/SeaLion-32.4.0/platform/config/recurse.mk:71: security/nss/lib/freebl/freebl_freeblpriv3/target] Error 2
290:49.48 gmake[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
293:58.55 gmake[3]: *** [/media/home/amigaone/Downloads/SeaLion-32.4.0/platform/config/recurse.mk:33: compile] Error 2
293:58.55 gmake[2]: *** [/media/home/amigaone/Downloads/SeaLion-32.4.0/platform/config/rules.mk:493: default] Error 2
293:58.55 gmake[1]: *** [/media/home/amigaone/Downloads/SeaLion-32.4.0/client.mk:406: realbuild] Error 2
293:58.55 gmake: *** [client.mk:164: build] Error 2

[ppc64] sha512-p8.o: ABI version 2 is not compatible with ABI version 1 output

I removed the following line from the file "platform/security/nss/lib/freebl/freebl.gyp":

Code:
      'target_name': 'gcm-aes-ppc_c_lib',
      'type': 'static_library',
      'sources': [
        'gcm-ppc.c',
-        'sha512-p8.s',
      ],
      'dependencies': [

./mach build

After 4 minutes:

Code:
 4:19.90 Overall system resources - Wall time: 258s; CPU: 0%; Read bytes: 0; Write bytes: 0; Read time: 0; Write time: 0
 4:20.14 Your build was successful!
To view resource usage of the build, run |mach resource-usage|.
To take your build for a test drive, run: |mach run|

Checking for un-preprocessed files... Done!

Please note: Copy the icudt63b.dat to obj-powerpc64-linux-gnu/dist/bin before "./mach run" and "./mach package" and then extract the sealion xz package and copy the icudt63b.dat again to the sealion folder.

Download: sealion-32.4.0.linux-powerpc64.tar.gz

Just for info:
The command "mach" requires Python2.7, which is no longer available on Debian Sid and openSUSE. This means it is no longer possible to build SeaLion on new distributions.
But we could build it on old distributions like Void PPC32 or on Fedora 28 PPC64.
The removal of that line 'sha512-p8.c' seems to work! It's building again...

Edit: The build worked! I have the tarball now. Next goal, build the same sealion with libffi8...
Edit 2: libffi8 cannot be installed in my bullseye system

libffi8: ppc64 depends on libc6 (>= 2.34); however:
Version of libc6: ppc64 on system is 2.31-4.

Forget sealion builds with libffi8 in this system then...

Last edited:

Tankerthebuberz

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2023
This worked, thanks !
Thank you by the way for maintaining and packaging the wicknix section of your repo just updated arcticfox and sealion but I have a question is there anyway you can also package wicknix seamail….its attached to the beginning of wicknix announcement….but is not on git yet and the naming and themeing just kinda go together and its a littlebit newer then spidermail. If you cant no biggie I just downloaded the archive and run it from the extracted files and btw your arcticfox version has been used on both Debian 8 and Ubuntu 10.04 for those who are using an older base and want an updated browser the 43.01 that he packages works with both versions.

Last edited:

Jeroen Diederen

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Thank you by the way for maintaining and packaging the wicknix section of your repo just updated arcticfox and sealion but I have a question is there anyway you can also package wicknix seamail….its attached to the beginning of wicknix announcement….but is not on git yet and the naming and themeing just kinda go together and its a littlebit newer then spidermail. If you cant no biggie I just downloaded the archive and run it from the extracted files and btw your arcticfox version has been used on both Debian 8 and Ubuntu 10.04 for those who are using an older base and want an updated browser the 43.01 that he packages works with both versions.
I can add seamail. Do you have a link where I can find it?

Tankerthebuberz

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2023
That will work very well, I have one too!
awesomeeee thankkkkkk youuuuu….it just makes installing and updating so much simpler. It’s right on the first page of this thread second post from wicknix…..he compiled seamail at the same time he created sealion browser he just doesn’t have it on git because email doesn’t need to be updated that often but the link to his google drive download for it is on the first page of this thread.

Reactions: Jeroen Diederen

Tankerthebuberz

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2023
I just used the default mail icon in xfce….theres also a default mail icon in xlde which I believe you your using on the desktop version…its just an orange envelope png but I think it’ll do. I don’t actually know if he designed an icon image for it….

Tankerthebuberz

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2023
I found the image he used by reverse google searching a snapshot I took of the icon he used in his screenshot on the announcement page

Attachments

• IMG_9455.png
    IMG_9455.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 28

Tankerthebuberz

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2023
And I think what he’s asking is sometimes in sealion the page scroller on the right hand side of some pages are missing so the only way to scroll up and down is to just the keyboard or if your trackpad support mouse supports scrolling….ive noticed that to.

Tankerthebuberz

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2023
But I will say the minor stuff put aside
…combination of ublock+scripts and the awesome gnome runner theme has made my PowerBook useful again to the point where it blows my mind away….instead of my cpu going nuts it’s actually able to handle pages decently…now we have options when tenfourfox doesn’t render correctly in Mac OS…honestly at this point I see that as the future…for my use I just have a small partition with Debian mint and the an updated email and web browser and it’s off to the races and when I’m done just boot back into Mac OS…gives you something new to tinker with as well. I love these old machines…

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
And I think what he’s asking is sometimes in sealion the page scroller on the right hand side of some pages are missing so the only way to scroll up and down is to just the keyboard or if your trackpad support mouse supports scrolling….ive noticed that to.
Oh, that. That's a combination of the theme used and the css used in certain webpages. Some themes honor the "hide scrollbar", and some don't. Not much i can do about that. I always use my mouse scroll wheel and it never was really noticeable or an issue for me.

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.