Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
No offense, but this is the reason I like Self-Checks. ;)
Yes, I am usually behind the retired single person enjoying shooting the breeze with the cashier - while I'm in a hurry and could have left the store 5 mins. earlier if there'd been a self-checkout.

Reactions: Chuckeee

yankees992013

Suspended
Dec 5, 2023
No offense, but this is the reason I like Self-Checks. ;)
Agreed, Self-checkouts are easy. I would be in and out in 5 mins with full set of groceries. The only thing I hate is that you cant put your bags on a small table top next to the machine as they would register an error while checking out. It looks like a security measure i guess. It would be nice if they have a place to set aside of finished checked-through groceries.

yankees992013

Suspended
Dec 5, 2023
The basic Walmart+ is like Uber/Doordash/etc for groceries. You get a private citizen in their own car delivering your stuff

That's becoming more common with Restaurants, home improvement, and groceries. For example Amazon deliveries depending where you are, most of the time you would see private citizen working for Amazon delivering to your home. Major cities uses Amazon company truck, rural areas using Uber like deliveries. The best part about those type of deliveries that you dont pay to the Uber directly as your order already paid for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.