Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Well I am NOT the person to give advice about phones this year, but if you love it, keep it. I came from SE2 to the 12, after going from 11 to SE, and I miss the size of the SE. The X/XS are a good size.

Reactions: Jetcat3

GetSwole37

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
I actually love the X size vs for iPhone 12 pro. I also thing the rounded edges seems better. If i wasn’t in need of a new battery, a little burn in on oled , and fact I display the Intel chip , oh and wanting the night camera capability, would stick w it. Lol. But w AT&T offering me $800. It’s a no brainer

Reactions: Jetcat3

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
Well I am NOT the person to give advice about phones this year, but if you love it, keep it. I came from SE2 to the 12, after going from 11 to SE, and I miss the size of the SE. The X/XS are a good size.
So that’s the thing I’m not like blown away. I love gadgets and I keep reaching back to my x!?

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
I actually love the X size vs for iPhone 12 pro. I also thing the rounded edges seems better. If i wasn’t in need of a new battery, a little burn in on oled , and fact I display the Intel chip , oh and wanting the night camera capability, would stick w it. Lol. But w AT&T offering me $800. It’s a no brainer
Ya so here’s the thing. My screen broke and I replaced it with a cheap Amazon lcd because I was trading it in. Even with that it’s way more bright and vibrant than the 12pro. The battery blows. For sure. I’d have to buy a battery I think. But 23-25 bucks for an Amazon battery be $1000 minus trade. Idkkkkkkkkkk

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
So that’s the thing I’m not like blown away. I love gadgets and I keep reaching back to my x!?
I love gadgets too, and all things new and Apple, and this year I have been through the ringer trying to find the perfect phone (which I have NEVER done before - always upgraded every year, and only ever returned one phone in my life). I do think the 12 is a beautiful device, but if you aren’t a fan of the flat sides, and the taller, narrower device (which you may not be if you love your X), this may not be the year to upgrade.

The SE isn’t nearly the phone the X is, and there are things about it I prefer over the 12.

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
I love gadgets too, and all things new and Apple, and this year I have been through the ringer trying to find the perfect phone (which I have NEVER done before - always upgraded every year, and only ever returned one phone in my life). I do think the 12 is a beautiful device, but if you aren’t a fan of the flat sides, and the taller, narrower device (which you may not be if you love your X), this may not be the year to upgrade.

The SE isn’t nearly the phone the X is, and there are things about it I prefer over the 12.
I went 12 pro. The camera is way way better for sure. Battery life is better. Overall speed is better but not like substantial. Carriers should have to take your old phone away from you once u upgrade lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5105973

kkhimji2001

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2017
I got the 12 pro 512 for £850 on Amazon but got an X undecided if I should open Or give to a friend for cost price

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I went 12 pro. The camera is way way better for sure. Battery life is better. Overall speed is better but not like substantial. Carriers should have to take your old phone away from you once u upgrade lol

I can imagine the camera is great. I really am impressed with the one on the 12, and the 11’s wasn’t bad, nor the SE’s for that matter, though I did miss the portrait mode on pets/objects. I do love me some portrait mode.

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
I can imagine the camera is great. I really am impressed with the one on the 12, and the 11’s wasn’t bad, nor the SE’s for that matter, though I did miss the portrait mode on pets/objects. I do love me some portrait mode.
I was testing portrait mode today with the cats.

Attachments

• C7E0DEBC-B3CF-4736-8FD8-164DAD579580.jpeg
    C7E0DEBC-B3CF-4736-8FD8-164DAD579580.jpeg
    622.1 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: ssledoux

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
It really is. If you want to keep it, keep it.

If you can afford to upgrade and you want to, do that.

This isn’t life changing.
Have a little humor in your posts. It is just a phone. But I’m not so serious ??‍♂️

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
Ahhhhhhhhh this is crazy. My X just fits in my hand so nicely. The screen is bright and vibrant. The camera other than low light is sufficient. It’s not much slower in performance. I really don’t know what to do!!!! Any input???

This is correct. It is crazy thinking. The iPhone 12 family of products are the best iPhones Apple has ever made, and it is absolutely the right time for you to upgrade now. Do not accept iPhone X for a moment longer.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
I loved my X. The 12 Pro is better.

It still fits in my hand nicely and with the squarer edges it's not as slippery (caseless). Oh, and night/low light photos are just amazing, it's like night and day. ?

Reactions: whattodo11

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012
Every year you use what you have, you save at least $500! And when you do upgrade, it will be so much better since technology always advances forward each year! Accumulating advances for 4 years and upgrading is the way to go unless you have a business where you can expense the cost, then upgrade like me, every year!

GetSwole37

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
This is probably the main reason why I am so happy to get rid of the X. I do a lot of IVR development. Speech, and the cell phone reception is so bad the app doesn’t understand me half the time. Frustrating

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
I am using an X and I differ little bit over here on keeping the X vs buying a new phone.

I am surely going to buy 12 but, will opt for higher storage mini version of it. It has everything that 12 has, the size is compact and also, the screen resolution is better than X.

I also feel it will be little lighter than X as well (aluminum vs steel), the design is really nice. its very similar to the old SE model design and it feels really nice.

X is a special phone for me, will always keep it in functional condition and never sell it. But all technology items needs upgrading and for me, 12 is almost the perfect upgrade.
iOS is same everywhere but the things that helped me to make my decision for 12 mini are :

Better camera, better screen, even more perfect size for 1 hand operation, faster network connectivity, beautiful design and lastly fancy colors. I quite like the new color range.

What I don't like is battery capacity; But, with so many things to like, 1 dislike can be accepted (to me)

So for me, X goes to my display shelf and 12 mini becomes my daily driver when it comes out next month.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
Returned the 12 Pro because i didn't like the feeling in my hand compared to the X. (uncomfortable, because of weight, size and edges)

While i did get used to the X after a while, it isn't really the perfect size for me either. The iPhone 7 was a lot better in my hands. But the X had enough of good changes, that i still wanted to keep it.

So i'm gonna give the Mini a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.