Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DD88

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 6, 2022
I only just found out who this guy is, is this the guy that takes over Apple when Tim Cook decides to leave ?
Craig Federighi aka Hair Force One seems to be a bit of a joke to me, a walking meme that resembles an AI replication of what a human should be like but not entirely human. He’s always smiling and i genuinely think Apple HQ could be on fire and he would be grinning throughout saying it’s the fastest most spectacular fire apple has created and we all need one.
Also what’s the deal with the promo videos ? Every apple product he promotes , it drops from the sky and he miraculously catches it I long to see the day someone drops a 24” IMac from the sky and he tries catching that, I don’t think Apple Care do broken backs. The hair videos as well…….You’ll alll be complaining if this guy takes over when the Macbook Reem, Ipad sleek and iMac silver fox are launched
The guy is banter central but I can’t take Apple seriously with him at the helm

Feyl

Cancelled
Aug 24, 2013
You can sleep tight. People like Craig will never lead companies like Apple. These guys aren't qualified for it and don't care about sales and operations. I honestly don't understand why people think that Scott Forstall, Jony Ive or Craig Federighi could lead Apple. Jeff Williams will probably take over once Tim Cook retires.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
But according to yourself Apple will not survive? So what’s your point of attacking the guy?

ArkSingularity

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2022
Life is too short to take everything seriously. I like that Apple can make their presentations lighthearted enough to enjoy. They're making some of the best computers ever made in their class, I don't think they really have anything to prove at this point.

Whatever they've been doing has clearly been working. Why change it if it isn't broken?

Reactions: russell_314

Bodhitree

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2021
Netherlands
Of course Apple won't survive. No company survives forever. We don't hear about too many companies from the 1700s that still exist, do we? 😂

The East India Company lasted from 1600 until 1874. Not a bad run, until the government stepped in. At one point it had its own armies totalling 260.000 soldiers, twice the size of the british armed forces, and it accounted for half the world’s trade.

kevcube

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2020
I don’t think Apple Care do broken backs.
HAHAHAHAH this is the best sentence in that rant. Yeah he's a face guy, part spokesperson part businessperson, but I like him a lot. I just don't see what's not to like about him. He's been shown to be a quick thinker, a good speaker, etc.

ThrowerGB

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
He's Apple's Apple’s senior vice president of Software Engineering. In other words, he's ultimately responsible for the decline in Apple software quality! I grant the amount of Apple software has vastly increased over the years, but surely quality should be better than it is now. This sort of decline is usually because the top person isn't sufficiently manic about software quality. Can you imagine Jobs being content with the way it is now? It's not just the bugs that appear in previously working functionality, but the UI doesn't adhere to Apple's UI guidelines in many places both within major versions but across the different versions of operating systems macOS vs iOS vs iPadOS etc. For example with the power and memory of current iPhones, why can't iOS Calendar have the same functionality as the macOS version?

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
I only just found out who this guy is, is this the guy that takes over Apple when Tim Cook decides to leave ?
Craig Federighi aka Hair Force One seems to be a bit of a joke to me, a walking meme that resembles an AI replication of what a human should be like but not entirely human. He’s always smiling and i genuinely think Apple HQ could be on fire and he would be grinning throughout saying it’s the fastest most spectacular fire apple has created and we all need one.
Also what’s the deal with the promo videos ? Every apple product he promotes , it drops from the sky and he miraculously catches it I long to see the day someone drops a 24” IMac from the sky and he tries catching that, I don’t think Apple Care do broken backs. The hair videos as well…….You’ll alll be complaining if this guy takes over when the Macbook Reem, Ipad sleek and iMac silver fox are launched

I find it helpful not to quickly judge people I don’t know on pure looks and on my personal perception of their personality.
Skills, abilities and any other merits they might have are not easily spotted at first sight, however in the case of someone holding the position of senior vice president of software engineering at Apple inc. they can be safely assumed.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Of course Apple won't survive. No company survives forever. We don't hear about too many companies from the 1700s that still exist, do we? 😂

Reactions: ArkSingularity

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it

Not sure what the point of this post is:

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
You can sleep tight. People like Craig will never lead companies like Apple. These guys aren't qualified for it and don't care about sales and operations. I honestly don't understand why people think that Scott Forstall, Jony Ive or Craig Federighi could lead Apple. Jeff Williams will probably take over once Tim Cook retires.
Or Apple could pull an IBM (as IBM did with Lou Gerstner)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.