Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
There are some companies in Japan whose roots date back over a thousand years.

Hey, gotta get some value out of an otherwise utter waste of a thread!

Reactions: PlayUltimate

SYCAMOREGRAD

macrumors regular
May 23, 2006
Indianapolis
He's Apple's Apple’s senior vice president of Software Engineering. In other words, he's ultimately responsible for the decline in Apple software quality! I grant the amount of Apple software has vastly increased over the years, but surely quality should be better than it is now. This sort of decline is usually because the top person isn't sufficiently manic about software quality. Can you imagine Jobs being content with the way it is now? It's not just the bugs that appear in previously working functionality, but the UI doesn't adhere to Apple's UI guidelines in many places both within major versions but across the different versions of operating systems macOS vs iOS vs iPadOS etc. For example with the power and memory of current iPhones, why can't iOS Calendar have the same functionality as the macOS version?
Scott Forstall screwed up Maps, but iOS was rock solid under him! Today it’s just sloppy and all over the place.

• Sad
Reactions: I7guy

Madhatter32

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2020
I am not sure of the purpose of the OP's post. It is completely devoid of substance -- unlike, say, the criticism concerning Jony Ive. I never heard of someone getting criticized for smiling too much except in the movie Platoon. I think smiling is a great human trait and makes for a better environment for everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbachandouris

docinbc

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2007
I only just found out who this guy is, is this the guy that takes over Apple when Tim Cook decides to leave ?
Craig Federighi aka Hair Force One seems to be a bit of a joke to me, a walking meme that resembles an AI replication of what a human should be like but not entirely human. He’s always smiling and i genuinely think Apple HQ could be on fire and he would be grinning throughout saying it’s the fastest most spectacular fire apple has created and we all need one.
Also what’s the deal with the promo videos ? Every apple product he promotes , it drops from the sky and he miraculously catches it I long to see the day someone drops a 24” IMac from the sky and he tries catching that, I don’t think Apple Care do broken backs. The hair videos as well…….You’ll alll be complaining if this guy takes over when the Macbook Reem, Ipad sleek and iMac silver fox are launched
The guy is banter central but I can’t take Apple seriously with him at the helm

Hmmm … well, that was suitably cruel and pointless. The man is doing a job and from all accounts is doing it very well. You know, when I think about it, I don’t think Apple needs your advice on anything.

MisterK

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2006
Ottawa, Canada
Yes. He is beloved and Apple could use more of his easy going personality mixed with top level capability. The last 20 years of OS X, the last 15 of iOS and both's contribution to making Apple the most valuable company in the world. The IBM to Intel Transition and now he transition to Apple's own Silicon. He's Apple's humanity shining through

Reactions: jbachandouris

pilotpat

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2015
Nebraska, USA
Having had the opportunity to talk to him in person, I think maybe you just are being mean spirited. He is a very nice and down to earth guy. Has a great sense of humor, and isn't afraid to point the jokes back at himself. I'm not really sure what your problem is with him, but the banter and all are a part of the job when you are presenting things to the public. It's his style, like it or not.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Scott Forstall screwed up Maps, but iOS was rock solid under him! Today it’s just sloppy and all over the place.
IOS still retains it's basic DNA, although with iOS 16 from iOS 6 functionality has increased exponentially. Not like going from windows 7 to windows 8.1 which was a complete downgrade of the interface, imo. I generally don't agree with your assertions.

Reactions: decafjava

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
I only just found out who this guy is, is this the guy that takes over Apple when Tim Cook decides to leave ?
Craig Federighi aka Hair Force One seems to be a bit of a joke to me, a walking meme that resembles an AI replication of what a human should be like but not entirely human. He’s always smiling and i genuinely think Apple HQ could be on fire and he would be grinning throughout saying it’s the fastest most spectacular fire apple has created and we all need one.
Also what’s the deal with the promo videos ? Every apple product he promotes , it drops from the sky and he miraculously catches it I long to see the day someone drops a 24” IMac from the sky and he tries catching that, I don’t think Apple Care do broken backs. The hair videos as well…….You’ll alll be complaining if this guy takes over when the Macbook Reem, Ipad sleek and iMac silver fox are launched
The guy is banter central but I can’t take Apple seriously with him at the helm

Bravo, that was creative and too funny, cheers

Jago

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2013
Of course Apple won't survive. No company survives forever. We don't hear about too many companies from the 1700s that still exist, do we? 😂
Sure we do. I have a company (Fiskars) from 1649 in my stock portfolio. My next stock purchase will be of a company that traces it's roots to 1285 (Euronext).

ArkSingularity

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2022
Sure we do. I have a company (Fiskars) from 1649 in my stock portfolio. My next stock purchase will be of a company that traces it's roots to 1285 (Euronext).
Those companies are both impressive and rare. Basically a piece of history in a portfolio.

alembic

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2005
Can you imagine Jobs being content with the way it is now? It's not just the bugs that appear in previously working functionality, but the UI doesn't adhere to Apple's UI guidelines in many places both within major versions but across the different versions of operating systems macOS vs iOS vs iPadOS etc.
Instead of retaining the clean and relatively consistent interface of System 9 (based on Apple's Human Interface Guidelines), Jobs approved the implementation of front end elements from NextStep for the release of OSX, and spatial Finder essentially became a second-class citizen for several years. I think it still uses those clunky .DS_Store invisible files to store file system meta-data. I remember the many discussions about the general design direction of the UI after the preview of OSX because not everyone was wowed by the lickable gumdrops, including me.

Madhatter32

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2020
If you invested in the IPOs of those companies, I salute you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.