Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
I don't play a lot of video games, but the Tomb Raiders are always must buys. Six days to go before I tell my kids to get the hell off of the xbox, its MY time.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I've recently picked up the two first tomb raiders of the modern trilogy. Going to play them first and pick-up the new one during the christmas sales ;-)

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Well that was too easy and/or short. I finished the story last night and now am going back to the start of the game to check out the tombs I missed but I think the main story went way too fast.

Robert_Williams

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2018
United Kingdom
Tomb Raider is one of my favorite game. Now want to play this new version of Tomb Raider game. Dose anyone know this configuration is good for playing this game on PC.

Operating System: Windows 10, 64 bit
Inter Core i5, 3 ghz
Ram: 8 GB
Graphic Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
I might be confused. There are tombs and crypts right? The crypts are easy to navigate and you get to a sarcophagus At the end. The reason why I ask is because I finished the final mission and am going back over all the aide quests and other things I missed. I am in a crypt that I can’t get through. I keep googling the area I’m in for crypt hints but the crypt I’m in doesn’t seem to be listed in any of them. It’s driving me crazy.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Started on the first tomb raider in the new series. Not really impressed so far... Not really fair is that my last game was RDR2, so one hell of a game to be compared to...

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
OK, finished Tomb Raider: definitive edition, and I loved it. Only wish the puzzles would be harder, they're way to easy. Starting TR2 tonight!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
OK, finished Tomb Raider: definitive edition, and I loved it. Only wish the puzzles would be harder, they're way to easy. Starting TR2 tonight!

Almost started Shadow of the T.R. last night, but opted to migrate into ‘Days gone’ to complete. This will be the next title that I need to venture on in my library.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I'm 10 hours into Rise of the TR now and must say I really like the game. I've loved the Uncharted-series and this is just that. Shadow of the TR is scheduled right after Rise :)

Reactions: 44267547

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Just wish the riddles would be more earnestly, they're approach to simple.

You don’t have an understanding of the target demographic for this game. It’s rated for a wide demographic of ages, Square Enix (Developer) the puzzles aren’t meant to be diverse/difficult in the sense of where it’s frustrating for the gamer to understand. The puzzles have to be helpful enough where they tie into the storyline, yet have Assist the gamer can’t figure it out either.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Still think the optional puzzles could've been harder. I can understand that puzzles in the storyline can't be too hard or people will opt out and won't buy the sequel/next game.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Almost started Shadow of the T.R. last night, but opted to migrate into ‘Days gone’ to complete. This will be the next title that I need to venture on in my library.

Now that ‘Days Gone’ is completed, I just put it in the Shadow of the Tomb Raider last night, and hoping to finish it before the TLOU2 is here next week. As @BlankStar Mentioned, it’s very reminiscent of the Uncharted series with the camera angles, climbing/combat, Graphically is very sharp, and just overall A great game from what I have invested so far.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
If you liked the other two TR games in the series, you're going to enjoy this one. The series has grown with every installment. Shadow had one badass scene with fire and explosions that I really loved, you'll know what I mean when you see it ;-)

I saw a list that leaked from SquareEnix with their roadmap for the next years (may have been fake ofc) and it had "Tomb Raider: Eclipse" on it. I really liked the first three, so wouldn't mind a fourth one...

Reactions: Irishman

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
If you liked the other two TR games in the series, you're going to enjoy this one. The series has grown with every installment. Shadow had one badass scene with fire and explosions that I really loved, you'll know what I mean when you see it ;-)

I saw a list that leaked from SquareEnix with their roadmap for the next years (may have been fake ofc) and it had "Tomb Raider: Eclipse" on it. I really liked the first three, so wouldn't mind a fourth one...

all I know is, as I have to pound this one out, because when TLOU2 is here next week, my backlog will be sittin’ for a while.😁

• Haha
Reactions: BlankStar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.