Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
Now that's a monitor. How you do like that puppy?

As for standing desks, I saw a couple at Ikea and the price was relatively inexpensive but I do question if I would truly use it once the novelty worse off

That desk was from IKEA. I use it daily. For work, I stand, but when playing games, I sit. Much better for my back.

As for the display, it's a Samsung CRG9 49-inch. I love it. Great for both productivity and gaming.

Reactions: maflynn

bababhuvaneshus

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2023
Certainly, my standing desk setup includes a sturdy adjustable desk with ample workspace. I have a comfortable anti-fatigue mat to stand on, reducing strain on my feet. A dual-monitor mount holds my screens at eye level, enhancing ergonomics. A wireless keyboard and ergonomic mouse complete the setup, allowing for seamless typing and navigation. To stay active, I incorporate periodic sitting breaks and ensure proper posture while working.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
As for standing desks, I saw a couple at Ikea and the price was relatively inexpensive but I do question if I would truly use it once the novelty worse off
I primarily work remote. From the pic I posted above, the left side is my personal PC (added an extra monitor, and a bunch of Elgato products since posted), and the 3 monitors on the right side, I use for work. When coding and in meetings... I like standing if I'm stuck coding, or troubleshooting... and I just can't sit during meetings. In the office HR seen the benefits of sit/stand desk, so all work spaces now have sit/stand desks. Since we are mostly remote, we have to sign in for work spaces now. I'm not sure if a sit/stand desks are a novelty... but it helps me get the blood flowing and stay productive during an 8 hour work day. On my personal PC, I usually sit... but I like having the option to stand if I want to. Also, I do have chair with bass shakers in the pic above, where I lower my desk even more to watch movies. My sit/stand desk has been solid since I've built it... I really like it.

*EDIT* Updated pics of my office:
offc10aug23a.jpg

offc10aug23b.jpg

The wobble chair is great with Sit/Stand desk... I can sit or lean on it... and adjust for standing height. Surprised the Govee lights are still going after 2 years. The RGB LED's on me PC rig fans are failing left and right.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.