Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
Any updates on this?
You can order a 14 dual physical sim from Expansys in Hong Kong, my husband ordered one for me from them. They were quick and reliable. If you want a single sim trey with esim then you can find a dealer in Singapore that will ship to you. Or wait until someone sells them on eBay

Daytona 360

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2010
The problem with Singapore or Hong Kong models is they are missing some of the frequency bands that are used in North America.

For example the Hong Kong SKU compared to the Canadian SKU:
4G: Missing 11, 14 (AT&T), 21, 29 (AT&T, Bell, Telus), 53, 71 (T-Mobile)
5G: Missing n14 (C Spire), n29 (C Spire), n53, n71 (T-Mobile)

So depends on which carrier you use in the US, the HK/Singapore models may not be a good choice.

Reactions: ChoiMinji

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
The problem with Singapore or Hong Kong models is they are missing some of the frequency bands that are used in North America.

So depends on which carrier you use in the US, the HK/Singapore models may not be a good choice.
Yes absolutely. One needs to compare the models with the frequencies of your carrier. The Hong Kong works fine on Verizon, which I use in the USA and works everywhere else I go as well.

PLin

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2003

The Canadian models are the best ones to get for use in the US. They are only missing the mmWave frequencies that US carriers currently only use in the big cities, and not all plans give you access to those towers anyway. I drove across the border to get mine, since I wanted a one with a physical SIM.

samernakhla

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2023
You can order a 14 dual physical sim from Expansys in Hong Kong, my husband ordered one for me from them. They were quick and reliable. If you want a single sim trey with esim then you can find a dealer in Singapore that will ship to you. Or wait until someone sells them on eBay
Did you pay any customs or import taxes for getting it from outside the USA?

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately

Yeah and let’s not forget about the hassle of a return if one is defective out of the box.

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
Buy it from Canada. It’s easier and less of a hassle with warrantee work than going half way around the world. The bands are almost identical too.

samernakhla

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2023
Buy it from Canada. It’s easier and less of a hassle with warrantee work than going half way around the world. The bands are almost identical too.
What about the customs & import taxes for shipping the phone from Canada to the US?

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
What about the customs & import taxes for shipping the phone from Canada to the US?
Many members here have purchased iPhone 14 Pros up here in Canada just by driving up and collecting it or have a friend or business associate buy it and send it back to them. Just don’t buy it from the States with an American credit card as that raises a red flag with Apple.

Seriously, so many people are doing it now that you probably could just go down to your local cellphone vendor and he will get it for you. You will pay a premium but those that need that sim card tray really want it and the 14 is new and will last for years before the eSim thing becomes the norm.

Good luck!

samernakhla

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2023
Many members here have purchased iPhone 14 Pros up here in Canada just by driving up and collecting it or have a friend or business associate buy it and send it back to them. Just don’t buy it from the States with an American credit card as that raises a red flag with Apple.

Seriously, so many people are doing it now that you probably could just go down to your local cellphone vendor and he will get it for you. You will pay a premium but those that need that sim card tray really want it and the 14 is new and will last for years before the eSim thing becomes the norm.

Good luck!
I will not be able to go and get since I am not in the US . I was thinking to buy it from apple Canada and ship it to a Canadian address and then forward it to my relatives in the US but I was wondering if there’s any taxes or customs I should pay

PLin

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2003

I had no problem paying with a US credit card on the Canadian online store. I simply ordered for pickup and drove up to grab it.

samernakhla

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2023
I had no problem paying with a US credit card on the Canadian online store. I simply ordered for pickup and drove up to grab it.
Do you have any idea if Should I pay any import taxes if I forwarded it from Canada to USA ?

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
Did you pay any customs or import taxes for getting it from outside the USA?
No I did not pay any customs or import taxes, but it was shipped to me in Thailand. Though I've had many things sent to me from various Asian countries (to S. Korea, Thailand & USA) and have never paid any customs or import taxes, not yet anyway. Though it can happen for whatever reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.