Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
By the way, the iPhone 6+ holds some of the original Galaxy Note design.

Look at that "rounded everything" feel.

----------

I really don't like these Android phones with big a big screen, but I can accept the idea if it comes with a Wacom pen. Sadly, the iPhone 6+ doesn't come with any accessory that justifies the big screen. It could come with some kind of a never-seen-before haptic feedback -- at least.

Rounded everything? How about fingerprint sensor on S5 right after iPhone 5s? Sounds familiar? Monkey see monkey do.

ArisaemaDracont

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2008
Madison
ordering 2 phones?

How are you people who are ordering two phones doing that? Aren't they linked and configured for your cellular account?

I pre-ordered a 6+ from Verizon for the $200 trade-in option. I've been unsure if I want the 6 or 6+ since they were announced, but leaning towards the 6+. Now I'm wondering if I should also order a 6 now just in case the 6+ is too big, I'd probably get the 6 around the same time. But can I order two iPhones from Verizon without having another phone put on my account and having to pay for another line?

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
Out of all the 5-5.5 inch android phones selling since last year (S4,5,HTC One, M8,LG G2, G3, Nexus 5 and more) what percentage actually have a stylus? What percentage of the 5+ inch phone market does the Note series command?Whatever that number is, expect it to alter significantly after we have a couple of quarters of 6 Plus sales.. If a stylus is the absolute essential experience for a large screen phone why is Samsung not incorporating on other phones in the 5.2 - 6 inch range?

Because they're less expensive? Some 5-6 inch phones are really cheap these days, with models like "Galaxy Mega Duos".

Also, do not confuse a standard stylus with a Wacom pen.

EDIT: LG is launching models with ordinary stylus and they're cheaper than a Galaxy Note.
----------

Rounded everything? How about fingerprint sensor on S5 right after iPhone 5s? Sounds familiar? Monkey see monkey do.

I don't want to create a fanboy war. Samsung has problems too. I just can't see a reason to enter the iThing world yet. If the 6+ had a Wacom-like pen or maybe a camera with a huge sensor like the Nokia 808 PV, it would be a good reason to move, but not a big screen.

The first tablet which I'll buy some day in the future will be an iPad, though. But in the smartphone world, I can't see any reason to prefer an iPhone.

shiftless

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
Went through this with the i5 two years ago. By the time I finally got my 'so called pre-order', everyone and their brother had been able to walk into a carrier/apple store and walk out with one in their pocket.

This time, didn't bother. I'll get one when I get it. It's just a phone!

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
Because they're less expensive? Some 5-6 inch phones are really cheap these days, with models like "Galaxy Mega Duos".

Also, do not confuse a standard stylus with a Wacom pen.

Samsung Galaxy S5 - $650
HTC One M8 - $550
LG G3 - $600

All android flagships with the exception of the Nexus family cost between 550 and 650$. Price isn't the issue here but customer demand is. A Wacom pen may be what you prefer (I on the other hand hated it and traded away my Note 3 for a Nexus 5 a few days after getting it), but if the overwhelming smartphone using community preferred it or demanded it over and above a multi touch display every flagship out there would be providing it or something similar. Even Samsung doesn't have a "WACOM pen for all large phones" policy given that the S4 and S5 which are there highest selling models (I assume the S5 will be there best selling smartphone) are both 5 or 5+ inches in screen size. Clearly there are many times more flagships in the android domain flying off the shelves that lack a wacom pen than that possess one. The Note family hasn't overtaken the galaxy family and isn't even close to doing it. Nor are other OEM's lining up to offer something similar with the G3 even bigger than the G2 and the Nexus line (android makers take on a smartphone no less) that will most likely not incorporate it anytime in the near future.

Last edited:

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
Samsung Galaxy S5 - $650
HTC One M8 - $550
LG G3 - $600

All android flagships with the exception of the Nexus family cost between 550 and 650$. Price isn't the issue here but customer demand is. A Wacom pen may be what you prefer, but if the overwhelming smartphone using community preferred it or demanded it over and above a multi touch display every flagship out there would be providing it or something similar. Even Samsung doesn't have a "WACOM pen for all large phones" policy given that the S4 and S5 which are there highest selling models (I assume the S5 will be there best selling smartphone) are both 5 or 5+ inches in screen size. Clearly there are many times more flagships in the android domain flying off the shelves that lack a wacom pen than that possess one. The Note family hasn't overtaken the galaxy family and isn't even close to doing it. Nor are other OEM's lining up to offer something similar with the G3 even bigger than the G2 and the Nexus line (android makers take on a smartphone no less) that will most likely not incorporate it anytime in the near future.

They're not inclined to pay royalties to Wacom nor to Nokia/Microsoft. To me, a smartphone must do something that allows me to use my creativity. Look at my avatar. It's not the best drawing you've ever seen, but I did it. I value this. Maybe I could exchange my Note for a Nokia 1020 (or its successor). The iPhone could have some hardware piece which supported being more creative in some way...

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
Its clearly a personal thing. I do not want a phone that is bigger than 5 inches. Even my current Nexus 5 is a tad too big unless I use it without a case (Which i do). The 4.7 ip6 is perfect for me. I tried to get used to the note 3 and even with the software it felt too big as a daily driver and I really did not like the UI etc. Could not get used to taking out the pen and operating it...I understand that you prefer it for creativity reasons, but I am fairly certain that the mass smartphone market out there does not care much for it, just as it doesn't care for some of the other niche designs that have come of late such as the curved screen etc. Where I do find the iPhone 6 plus a bit nice is that its thin but I still wouldn't buy it.

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
Dark Helmet (in 2016): Response is too low, what is past "incredible"?
Spaceball: "Well, there's stupendous, astronomical, and ludicrous responses."
Dark Helmet: Let's go for a Ludicrous Response!

Barfolomew: What was that?
Lone Star: They've gone plaid.

I gotta watch Spaceballs again!

Radio shack has historically charged $50 more for full price iPhones.

And they wonder why they are going out of business.

MentalFloss

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2012
Motorola had a finger swipe sensor on the back of their phones years ago.

Yes, a finger swipe sensor. That is a huge difference to Touch ID, where you don't even notice that you just used a fingerprint sensor.

----------

Actually, many hands-on videos stated that Apple has obviously gone back to the design of the iPhone 2G/3G/3GS, and that was also my initial thought. Of course, the fact that Samsung copied these early designs, makes them all look quite similar now.

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
Actually, many hands-on videos stated that Apple has obviously gone back to the design of the iPhone 2G/3G/3GS, and that was also my initial thought. Of course, the fact that Samsung copied these early designs, makes them all look quite similar now.

One can apply one's own mind to see the similarity in the design to previous iPhones. There is only so much one can do with a phone design that is basically a glass screen all over the front end :). What would they have made it? Triangular? :). They rounded the design (which samsung also did with the galaxy series, but what Apple also did with their previous iPhones). The most important design feature for me is the slim design they have been able to acheive and that to me is the real advantage of the new design. Even with a FIT series spigen case on my iPhone 6 is slimmer than my nexus 5 without the case. The slim profile of the nexus 5 was by far the biggest advantage for me especially with how hard i found to use it one handed with a case on (neo hybrid). Even the 6+ is much thinner than the competition and that to me is going to aid in one handed use. Samsung actually made the GS5 thicker than the GS4 and it would be quite a discussion if apple rolled out the iPhone 6 that was thicker than the iPhone 5. There is virtually nothing that is similar between the galaxy series and the iPhone 6 and 6+. A totally different OS, totally integrated services, Apple Pay, a comprehensive Touch_ID implementation and proper integration between other apple devices. Samsung absolutely sucks when it comes to services and it would be interesting to see what google does with "wallet" but whatever it is it would be fragmented and will take a lot of time to be as smooth as apple pay.

albusseverus

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2007
To address some of the current discussions

- bigger phone -
We do so much more on phones now. For some people, their phone is their primary internet device, and while for many of us, the internet is a small part of what a computer does, for the majority, it's the reason for owning a computer - which brings us back to - the bigger the better. I never bought into Apple's line of we make little phones so you can use them one-handed, that was just their excuse for not making larger phones 2 years ago when it was clear, Samsung was getting a disproportionate amount of sales simply because of bigger screens and Apple had dropped the ball on screen size. Masters of spin, Apple turned their failure into a meme that was parroted by fanboys all over the world.

- did anyone get a Plus for delivery on 19th? -
I haven't seen anyone expecting to get a Plus on 19th. I don't think they're available in numbers (per the rumours) IF AT ALL and pre-order is just a way to push buyers out a few weeks, to preserve what little stock they have for stores on launch day.

I'm considering cancelling my order and going to a store, just to see if they have any Plus stock at all. I don't believe they do and the Plus is actually delayed, but Apple didn't have the balls to admit it.

The Plus would have been an outstanding phone 2 years ago, but it's barely adequate this year. As it is, we're stuck with an 8MP camera (that'll be 6 years in a row, and that's just not acceptable in technology, especially at Apple's prices) and 1GB of RAM, which wasn't enough last year and certainly isn't enough this year, much less for 2 years expected life of the phone. Not to mention it makes a mockery of a 64 bit CPU's only advantage being addressing more than 4GB or RAM!

2 years ago there were rumours and mockups of a 5" iPhone, and Apple leaked that expectation away, but it doesn't change the fact that a 5" phone was needed then and 5.5", 8MP, 1GB RAM now, smacks of penny pinching and margin hogging. It also proves the value of the ecosystem, because the specs are laughable.

If Apple didn't do the 5.5, I would have bought a 1520, despite all the downsides I could live with a 20MP camera and an even bigger screen. I use the phone all day and night, and… the bigger the better. Avoiding Google is almost worth the pain of Microsoft.

-Thinness really is important-
You get a lot of people saying make it a few mm thicker and give me 2 days battery life. While I'm the first to complain about camera MP, thinness is really important, partly for weight, but mostly to make larger phones easier to hold and operate. The 5 didn't feel much bigger because reach across the increased screen size was mitigated by a smaller depth dimension.

- my 50¢ worth -
iCloud Wet Dream is looking pretty shaky for iOS 8 and Yosemite.
In one week we've had the total failure of Apple streaming the Event and what somebody called Gruber called "the online store crapping itself so utterly is just embarrassing".

Apple is not inspiring any confidence in their cloud products, yet AGAIN. In fact, it's getting Microsoft ludicrous now - it's bad now, but the next version will be better…

Maybe there was UNPRECEDENTED demand, both on event day and pre-order day, but guess what? There's going to be UNPRECEDENTED demand on iCloud EVERY DAY with iOS8/Yosemite. Google and Amazon don't go down because their entire business depends on it. Apple can pretend their business doesn't depend on cloud services, but increasingly, customer satisfaction will be linked to reliability of Apple's services. See also my comments above about customers paying Apple prices for the services, because the hardware doesn't justify it. iCloud mail doesn't need to be instantaneous, but iMessage CANNOT go down, not even for 30 seconds. Putting photos and all documents in the cloud is going to require UNPRECEDENTED reliability for Apple services, and there's no evidence Apple is capable.

iOS and Yosemite ßetas have not even begun testing iCloud Wet Dream!!! It's clear there will be a staggered rollout, after both OSes are released, but it's all still unknown. The only hard data is that Apple has not succeeded YET, this last week included. And I'm beginning to doubt everything promised will be rolled out, much working with 100% reliability before iOS9 and OS X.11 are due.

If you remember the scene in Hudson Hawk… Things look bad, coach.

If Cook didn't do the equivalent of Jobs' town hall ball-roasting over Mobile Me this week, and have the responsible teams justifying their lives much less their employment, his beloved Customer Sat is going to be deader than the aforementioned co-founder.
And we might as well all have Windows phones because Apple's much loved usability will be a thing of the past.

Being in Australia, brings an interesting perspective to the two failures this week. The stream was 3am, and Apple Australia couldn't provide working streams from the website or for TV. That's just INCONCEIVABLE for 3am !

The store debacle was even more noticeable here because there was no staggered pre-order rollout. Normally New Zealand and Australia, two small populations get the store open at midnight, and stores open progressively as midnight rolls around the globe. For reasons completely unknowable - and no I don't subscribe to incompetence, I always look for conspiracy, before I ascribe incompetence to the smartest company in the world - they deliberately allowed the entire globe to hit the store at once.

This is my take - Apple had no Plus phones, so they moved the pre-order to all-at-once so that the confusion would hide the fact that the Plus wasn't actually available for a month. It's the equivalent of releasing bad news while something else is dominating the news cycle - try to hide it in the confusion. Likely the flack will be even worse this year, and the best option is to go back to last year's option - no pre-order.

The planet should cancel their pre-orders and call Apple's bluff. You can line up at a store, but last year, anyone who rocked up after midday could get anything except a gold phone, no waiting. Show us your stock, Apple!

I think we'll find that this year, the obvious most popular model - plain old 64GB Plus Grey, is as scarce as the gold phone was last year. Everyone wants it and I don't believe there's any stock. Apple is in deep do do, all because they didn't think they could stand the bad PR and lost sales due to a delay on the Plus phones. Even worse, Apple has lost integrity by not being truthful with their customers. Treating customers with that much contempt is the beginning of the end for a company like Apple.

Cook buckles too easily to Wall St, and this has cemented it. Cook has no integrity now, he has no mind and spine of his own, he's controlled by the stock market and internet whingers. Cook told the truth last year - you'll have to wait for the 5s and apparently couldn't handle the flack (it's a way to artificially boost sales of the 5c, etc), because he went "the other way" this year… And that's not good, either for Apple or its customers.

Dare I say it - Jobs had the stones to take it on the chin, because Wall St and internet whingers are just idiots in places of power, but the new gentler Apple wants to make everyone happy, at the risk of losing their essence in the process.

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
had to delete it b/c people didn't get the joke

People didn't get the "joke" because if it was one, it wasn't very funny.

----------

I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned this yet, but you can order the iPhone through att directly using their att next payment plan program, and simply pay the phone off in full when it arrives. I ordered two like that yesterday. When they arrive, I'll pay them off in full, then move them to att go phone plans. No contracts, no subsidies.

Doesn't the Next payment plan add on $100 to the price? As in, we're you to buy it direct from apple it'd be cheaper?

----------

The real improvement in screen is really on the plus and a 4" like the 5S wouldn't be able to discern that much a difference at reading distance. Volte is only w tmobile and NFC is just a gimmick for when you don't have your stuff as it stands today just look at how NFC in android has run. Better camera is really not an amazing upgrade by itself either even w the optical in 6plus vs others in the competition. IMO if you are w an iPhone 5 or below this is a great upgrade, but for the 5S is just a meh update that many can skip.

1) AT&T has stated they'll be rolling out volte

2) apple pay is now a gimmick?? HAHAHAAAHAHA. Yeah, good one.

3) h.265

4) normal people don't upgrade their phones annually. Phone nerds do, but the iterative, evolutionary improvements aren't defend to entice that

----------

Ah! you mean the samsung device which itself is aping the iPhone 4, the iPad, and the iPod? Who made all those devices? Oh yeah, apple. So apple is copying...apple.

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
Gone are the days when any OEM will show up 12 months after a launch and WOW the category with a revolutionary product. These are incremental changes. The iP6 and 6+ provide a larger screen (a long standing demand), better camera, Apple Pay (200K stores by year end) and other improvements (incremental). Look at the Galaxy S4 and S5. What has changed? The phone looks essentially the same, is thicker due to the water resistant design, has essentially the same UI with minor tweaks. Same applies for the Note4 vs the Note3. There are only a few things one can do over a 12 month period. That said, the increase in screen size alone will make plenty of people switch from the iPhone 5s over to the 6 or 6+ especially with the sort of prices one can command these days for a used iPhone 5s. Another aspect is that there were NEXT, Jump etc plans that went online with the last launch. You'll have a larger customer base in the US that would be upgrading their phone after 12 months to take advantage of the added capability. The delay in the chinese roll out may throw off some of the numbers but i still think that these 2 phones will result in an extremely high sales number for apple with a decent chunk of the user base switching over from the galaxy family.

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
Apple is in deep do do, all because they didn't think they could stand the bad PR and lost sales due to a delay on the Plus phones. Even worse, Apple has lost integrity by not being truthful with their customers. Treating customers with that much contempt is the beginning of the end for a company like Apple.

Cook buckles too easily to Wall St, and this has cemented it. Cook has no integrity now, he has no mind and spine of his own, he's controlled by the stock market and internet whingers.

So...."Apple is doomed"? Do you actually believe the things you're saying? Apple is doomed, apple is lying, apple hates its customers, Cook kowtows to Wall Street, and...apple is doomed. Dear lord, what insanity.

moby2112

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2012
I haven't seen anyone expecting to get a Plus on 19th. I don't think they're available in numbers (per the rumours) IF AT ALL and pre-order is just a way to push buyers out a few weeks, to preserve what little stock they have for stores on launch day.

I'm getting a space grey 6 plus on the 19th it was a pain to get but I ordered through the apple store app.

stivan

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Anyone know if apple store ships invoice along with the phone? This was supposed to be a gift but didnt have the option to mark it as a gift at checkout.

If someone has bought from apple online store please advise.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
People didn't get the "joke" because if it was one, it wasn't very funny.

it was supposed to be a mock of the 6 (as the 5C) being readily available to buy and how people would buy that instead of the one they and everyone else wanted, the 6 plus (the 5S last year). but i forgot that they weren't out in stores so i made a mistake. it started to get out of hand so i deleted it

funny how despite saying "delete" people still feel the need to say something as if THEY have the one reply that will garner the most attention

Last edited:

rantor49

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
To address some of the current discussions

- bigger phone -
We do so much more on phones now. For some people, their phone is their primary internet device, and while for many of us, the internet is a small part of what a computer does, for the majority, it's the reason for owning a computer - which brings us back to - the bigger the better. I never bought into Apple's line of we make little phones so you can use them one-handed, that was just their excuse for not making larger phones 2 years ago when it was clear, Samsung was getting a disproportionate amount of sales simply because of bigger screens and Apple had dropped the ball on screen size. Masters of spin, Apple turned their failure into a meme that was parroted by fanboys all over the world.

- did anyone get a Plus for delivery on 19th? -

I'm considering cancelling my order and going to a store, just to see if they have any Plus stock at all. I don't believe they do and the Plus is actually delayed, but Apple didn't have the balls to admit it.

The Plus would have been an outstanding phone 2 years ago, but it's barely adequate this year. As it is, we're stuck with an 8MP camera (that'll be 6 years in a row, and that's just not acceptable in technology, especially at Apple's prices) and 1GB of RAM, which wasn't enough last year and certainly isn't enough this year, much less for 2 years expected life of the phone. Not to mention it makes a mockery of a 64 bit CPU's only advantage being addressing more than 4GB or RAM!

2 years ago there were rumours and mockups of a 5" iPhone, and Apple leaked that expectation away, but it doesn't change the fact that a 5" phone was needed then and 5.5", 8MP, 1GB RAM now, smacks of penny pinching and margin hogging. It also proves the value of the ecosystem, because the specs are laughable.

If Apple didn't do the 5.5, I would have bought a 1520, despite all the downsides I could live with a 20MP camera and an even bigger screen. I use the phone all day and night, and… the bigger the better. Avoiding Google is almost worth the pain of Microsoft.

-Thinness really is important-
You get a lot of people saying make it a few mm thicker and give me 2 days battery life. While I'm the first to complain about camera MP, thinness is really important, partly for weight, but mostly to make larger phones easier to hold and operate. The 5 didn't feel much bigger because reach across the increased screen size was mitigated by a smaller depth dimension.

- my 50¢ worth -
iCloud Wet Dream is looking pretty shaky for iOS 8 and Yosemite.
In one week we've had the total failure of Apple streaming the Event and what somebody called Gruber called "the online store crapping itself so utterly is just embarrassing".

Apple is not inspiring any confidence in their cloud products, yet AGAIN. In fact, it's getting Microsoft ludicrous now - it's bad now, but the next version will be better…

Maybe there was UNPRECEDENTED demand, both on event day and pre-order day, but guess what? There's going to be UNPRECEDENTED demand on iCloud EVERY DAY with iOS8/Yosemite. Google and Amazon don't go down because their entire business depends on it. Apple can pretend their business doesn't depend on cloud services, but increasingly, customer satisfaction will be linked to reliability of Apple's services. See also my comments above about customers paying Apple prices for the services, because the hardware doesn't justify it. iCloud mail doesn't need to be instantaneous, but iMessage CANNOT go down, not even for 30 seconds. Putting photos and all documents in the cloud is going to require UNPRECEDENTED reliability for Apple services, and there's no evidence Apple is capable.

iOS and Yosemite ßetas have not even begun testing iCloud Wet Dream!!! It's clear there will be a staggered rollout, after both OSes are released, but it's all still unknown. The only hard data is that Apple has not succeeded YET, this last week included. And I'm beginning to doubt everything promised will be rolled out, much working with 100% reliability before iOS9 and OS X.11 are due.

If you remember the scene in Hudson Hawk… Things look bad, coach.

If Cook didn't do the equivalent of Jobs' town hall ball-roasting over Mobile Me this week, and have the responsible teams justifying their lives much less their employment, his beloved Customer Sat is going to be deader than the aforementioned co-founder.
And we might as well all have Windows phones because Apple's much loved usability will be a thing of the past.

Being in Australia, brings an interesting perspective to the two failures this week. The stream was 3am, and Apple Australia couldn't provide working streams from the website or for TV. That's just INCONCEIVABLE for 3am !

The store debacle was even more noticeable here because there was no staggered pre-order rollout. Normally New Zealand and Australia, two small populations get the store open at midnight, and stores open progressively as midnight rolls around the globe. For reasons completely unknowable - and no I don't subscribe to incompetence, I always look for conspiracy, before I ascribe incompetence to the smartest company in the world - they deliberately allowed the entire globe to hit the store at once.

This is my take - Apple had no Plus phones, so they moved the pre-order to all-at-once so that the confusion would hide the fact that the Plus wasn't actually available for a month. It's the equivalent of releasing bad news while something else is dominating the news cycle - try to hide it in the confusion. Likely the flack will be even worse this year, and the best option is to go back to last year's option - no pre-order.

The planet should cancel their pre-orders and call Apple's bluff. You can line up at a store, but last year, anyone who rocked up after midday could get anything except a gold phone, no waiting. Show us your stock, Apple!

I think we'll find that this year, the obvious most popular model - plain old 64GB Plus Grey, is as scarce as the gold phone was last year. Everyone wants it and I don't believe there's any stock. Apple is in deep do do, all because they didn't think they could stand the bad PR and lost sales due to a delay on the Plus phones. Even worse, Apple has lost integrity by not being truthful with their customers. Treating customers with that much contempt is the beginning of the end for a company like Apple.

Cook buckles too easily to Wall St, and this has cemented it. Cook has no integrity now, he has no mind and spine of his own, he's controlled by the stock market and internet whingers. Cook told the truth last year - you'll have to wait for the 5s and apparently couldn't handle the flack (it's a way to artificially boost sales of the 5c, etc), because he went "the other way" this year… And that's not good, either for Apple or its customers.

Dare I say it - Jobs had the stones to take it on the chin, because Wall St and internet whingers are just idiots in places of power, but the new gentler Apple wants to make everyone happy, at the risk of losing their essence in the process.

Cool story bro, yawn......

Encolpius

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2009
Seattle
I'm getting a space grey 6 plus on the 19th it was a pain to get but I ordered through the apple store app.

How long after the store "opened" were you able to get in and complete your purchase? After two failed attempts, I got my confirmation e-mail at 12:31 AM and won't get mine until after October 1st.

NSXRebel

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2010
Apple is hoarding iPhones to send to their stores and starving carriers of products. Happens. Every. Time.
Up here in Canada you can buy an iPhone from any Apple store on launch day (if you want to wait in line) as long as you're willing to buy it unlocked for big $$. Carrier stores get maybe 2 or 3 phones each a day, if that.

One of the most retarded statements I've read on here. In the past I've gotten all my iPhones thru AT&T, and they always had plenty of stock on launch day. I guess all those people that lineup on launch day are there to buy other phones or just come buy to look at the phone, and when they walk out the store, those iPhone boxes in their bags are not really iPhones. GTFOH. :roll eyes:

This year, I'm getting my iPhone 6 Plus 65gb with T-Mobile. I wasn't able to preorder online at midnight because T-Mob wasn't taking preorders at that time, and Apple wasn't selling T-Mob(unlocked/carrier-free) iPhones either. I'm just gonna go friday morning to my local store and get in line. Glad it's only 2 blocks from my house, so I should be there early enough to get one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.