Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
hechacker1 said:
How about a windows machine? I am in the same situation as you. I didn't want to buy the current powerbooks because they are destined to by obsolete. I waited for the regularly occuring Dell rebates and bought myself a new Inspirion 700m. It was 1501 (configured) - 750 = about 820 shipped. More expensive than what you are looking for, but at the same time I think you'll be happy with the 700m long enough to maybe even wait for the rev 2 of the new powerbook (or at least to let the intial bugs get worked out of the new powerbooks).

For around 800 you really can't find a better deal on a small and fully featured laptop. As for windows, you'll have to live with it, and since your mainly using it for Word anyways i really don't see a problem. I personally installed linux on my 700m and use that most of the time. (although windows is still there).

EDIT: just read your sig. and I see you already have a laptop.. so yeah, just stick with that.

Ya, your probably right, I should just put up with my peecee a little bit longer. :) Its just that its so darn heavy ~9 pounds!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.