Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2011
London
That reads to me like a good choice. I have no friends on my Xbox. They are all on PlayStation haha. I plan to strip my PS4 down over Christmas and clean it, put some new thermal past in it and hope it’ll run quieter after.... need to carry on with the new Uncharted.

Speaking of noise I'm surprised by how loud the PRO is. It's not easy being a console manufacturer through. Consumers want PC-like graphics in a small box that has to fit inside a confined space. Furthermore nitpickers scream murder if the powerbrick is external.

Yeah, the extra power of the One X didn't outweigh being a lone Xbox owner at work.

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
Is anyone really bothered by an external power brick? I'd kill to have that option in Sony's consoles to make them quieter!
Yes I am. I positively hated the giant power brick of the orignal XB1 and the 360.

Why couldn’t Sony made the PS4P as efficient as the XB1S and even the 1X? The 1X runs cool and quiet as a mouse compared to the PS4P.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Yes I am. I positively hated the giant power brick of the orignal XB1 and the 360.

Why couldn’t Sony made the PS4P as efficient as the XB1S and even the 1X? The 1X runs cool and quiet as a mouse compared to the PS4P.

Werid... I always thought the X1 was so quiet because it has an external power supply?

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2011
London
Here in the U.K. the Xbox One X is significantly more expensive then the PS4 Pro. It is the most expensive console on sale in fact.

I wonder when Sony will do a price drop. On the flipside it can play UHD discs which is a huge bonus as you will not need to buy one for £200-300 and occupy another HDMI port.

Marshall73

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2015
I have both PS4 and Xbox One, 99% of the games I have are on Xbox the rest are PS4 exclusives. It was a no-brainer to get the One X as many titles were upgraded and the performance on 3rd party titles is better. PS4 is fine for the titles I own (they still look great) and the upcoming exclusives and it’s not worth paying for the Pro for 1800p checkerboard titles.

DazCris

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2018
I’m gonna keep it simlle as the rest of the guys said already everything that was to say. If you have any interested in the Sony exclusivities, then go for PS4 Pro all day, else get the XBox One X.

cajun67

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2011
Longtime Xbox One owner. No complaints, it's a great system, especially if you subscribe to Xbox Live.

That said, if I were to buy a system today, I'd get a PS4 so that I can play Spider-Man. :D

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I had some problems with the PS4 Pro making a lot of noise when it was inside the tv unit on a shelf. Now it's next to the tv with loads of free air around it and it's quiet now, no more fans spinning like they're trying to create a tornado ;-)

b_scott

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2008
X1X is smaller and more powerful. PS4 Pro has more console exclusives.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2011
London
I have to say that the new Forza Horizon 4, set in the UK, look spectacular and I'm a bit peeved about not being able to play it.

ps4deals

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2018
PS4 Slim VS PS4 Pro
The biggest difference between the two consoles would be of graphics and performance.

While in PS4 Pro, you get a “Pro Mode” which means a more enhanced graphic performance, this feature would not be available on PS4 Slim.

The better GPU performance and an additional 1GB of DDR3 RAM makes PS4 Pro a real deal for hard core gamers. PS4 Slim is non the less a power efficient dedicated gaming console and won’t let you down in any aspect.

Now, here is how the PS4 Black Friday deals comes to play.

Check Out the xbox one s black friday deals :

Xbox One X Bundles: – $399.99 (save $100+)

Xbox One X Consoles: -$374.99 (save $125)

Check out the Xbox One S Black Friday offers:

Xbox One S Bundles 1TB Version: – $219.99 (save $80+)

Xbox One S Bundles 500GB Version: – $174.99 (save $70+)

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
PS4 Slim VS PS4 Pro
The biggest difference between the two consoles would be of graphics and performance.

While in PS4 Pro, you get a “Pro Mode” which means a more enhanced graphic performance, this feature would not be available on PS4 Slim.

The better GPU performance and an additional 1GB of DDR3 RAM makes PS4 Pro a real deal for hard core gamers. PS4 Slim is non the less a power efficient dedicated gaming console and won’t let you down in any aspect.

Now, here is how the PS4 Black Friday deals comes to play.

Check Out the xbox one s black friday deals :

Xbox One X Bundles: – $399.99 (save $100+)

Xbox One X Consoles: -$374.99 (save $125)

Check out the Xbox One S Black Friday offers:

Xbox One S Bundles 1TB Version: – $219.99 (save $80+)

Xbox One S Bundles 500GB Version: – $174.99 (save $70+)

thanks for the heads-up.

There's going to be a Microsoft and Sony brutal price war this holidays!

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Oh yeah this year the Xbox and PlayStation will be getting hammered down in price, because next year they start to seriously talk about the next gen, if not release it! To be honest though I’m not bothered as I’ve been pretty happy with my Switch lol, which I bet doesn’t get discounted, it didn’t last year really.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.