Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 18, 2023
Finally ordered one from Apple, i really like it very compact, mouse is so good and keyboard, i don’t type heaps but love using a mouse, all i use mostly on my iMac.
Sure misses the top row like on the Logitech but this is so compact and great on the lap. Did try a Logitech but its just not the same quality.
Will be returning this one though as got a new one off eBay for $219AUD less.
Definitely feels like i have a mini laptop. The keyboard is nicer to type on than my 24” iMacs.
And the all black looks great, fits great on my rain stand too.

IMG_0165.jpeg

Last edited:

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
I bought the MK with my M1 iPad Pro and since I carry the iPad with me all over the place for travel, etc ... I use it all the time. Nicely portable, can charge things, etc. The trackpad works really well also. It is all kinds of expensive, but if you like to use your iPad in 'laptop mode' I have never had a better experience.

Reactions: O.N.Y.X

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 18, 2023
Should have got one ages ago, brilliant bit of gear, helps was near half price too lol.
Have lost the urge for getting a MacBook Air/pro.

fourthtunz

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2002
Maine
Anybody having weirdness with the Magic Keyboard with the 16.5 update?
track pad seems to be acting a little weird

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I really like mine. I've had it since October 2020 for my 2018 iPad Pro 11 inch. It still works perfectly and has held up well. It makes navigation of the iPad much nicer and of course I could never use the onscreen keyboard as it's uncomfortable and unwieldy. It is expensive but I think it's worth it. The typing experience is very nice. I bought my kids a Chromebook for Christmas. It's their first computer. It cost £200 and the keyboard on the magic keyboard is much better.

teh_hunterer

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2021
I have both the Apple folio case , and the Magic Keyboard. I least carry both in my bag. The folio case sees more usage, but it’s good to have the keyboard with me when I need it.

I have both as well, and they're good, but keep in mind that the smart folio, the Magic Keyboard, and the iPad all up weigh almost 3lbs. At the end of the day, you're carrying around all that for a device with an 11" screen, and a full 13" laptop MacBook Air comes in lighter at 2.7lbs. For that reason, I'll pack just one case depending on what the day holds.

at 3lbs, I figure I may as well just carry my 3.6lbs 14" MBP.

Reactions: fourthtunz

fourthtunz

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2002
Maine
I have both as well, and they're good, but keep in mind that the smart folio, the Magic Keyboard, and the iPad all up weigh almost 3lbs. At the end of the day, you're carrying around all that for a device with an 11" screen, and a full 13" laptop MacBook Air comes in lighter at 2.7lbs. For that reason, I'll pack just one case depending on what the day holds.

at 3lbs, I figure I may as well just carry my 3.6lbs 14" MBP.
Good point I think with the case my M1 air is pretty close to 3 pounds too, I’m using the iPad Pro 11 inch mostly for the touch abilities with Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro for the touch instruments.. remains to be seen how much are use the iPad for these programs, but I also like the iPad for DJing, controlling logic on the Mac, as well as controlling, my live, sound mixer.. so lots of uses for both

Reactions: teh_hunterer

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I have the folio, the Magic Keyboard and my iPad has a skin on it. I rarely use the folio. I do like the keyboard for any major typing or for a stand when traveling.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I love the MK. I had one with my 11” iPP, and I have one with my 12.9. I absolutely love the keys, and the feel of typing on them. Obviously the 11” one was a little more cramped, but once I got used to it, I typed on it just fine.

I don’t love the weight it adds to my 12.9, but I rarely leave the house with it, so it really doesn’t matter. It’s more of my “desktop” iPad.

Reactions: Surfsalot

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
You absolutely should. It feels incredible to type on, even more than my 14 inch MBP and Touch ID Magic Keyboard. It reminds me of the pre 2016 MacBooks in terms of feeling.

Reactions: Surfsalot

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I got mine for $100 as an open box at Best Buy and it was mint and works great even years later

I slapped a fake leather brand skin on the exterior to keep it in good shape and feeling nice

I recommend it for that, but I wouldnt pay anywhere near the MSRP of $300 for 11” keyboard

ymmv

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 18, 2023
Didn't use except for a charging stand so sold it for what I paid, guess I am a iPad as a iPad guy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.