Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hellfire91

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2007
I just put my invisible shield on and there are a ton of smudges on the front shield, back looks fine, hopefully they will go away otherwise I'm gonna have to take it off.

I'm going to be pissed off if thats how a shield i paid $25 for looks after 24 hours.

m242

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2007
I have just applied an invisible shield to my 16g touch, after first watching the video on how to do it. It took about 45 minutes being totally obsessive about pre-cleaning, squeezing out air bubbles etc. I am really pleased with the results. My advice is take your time putting it on, it is worth it. No effect on the sensitivity of the touch screen as best I can tell

jbgordon

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
For those who have already put an Invisible Shield on their iPod Touch, what did you use to get rid of the fingerprints on the front and back before applying the shield? The iPod cloth doesn't seem to totally remove smudges and fingerprints oils, just merely rubs them around.

modafroman

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
For those who have already put an Invisible Shield on their iPod Touch, what did you use to get rid of the fingerprints on the front and back before applying the shield? The iPod cloth doesn't seem to totally remove smudges and fingerprints oils, just merely rubs them around.

A lint free glasses cleaning cloth should do the trick :)

daibach

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2005
London
Definitely get something for the back. The front doesn't need it in my opinion. I've had mine for a couple of weeks (in and out of pockets) and there isn't a scratch on the front. I cleaned the back with some lighter fluid before applying.

mikesr

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2007
Fishkill, NY
Wow - I am NOT sorry I got the I.S. for my Touch. I was skeptical at first (more afraid what of what the Touch would look like if I had to remove it for some reason.)

For those of you considering it, it's worth the $24.00. I really love the "feel" it gives me as well. You'll notice it right away..

1) Take your time when putting it on.
2) Do NOT fold it over if you have to lift it off to get some air bubbles out as it will leave a slight "crease". (It happened on the back of mine so I left it on. If it were the front, different story..)
3) Don't be stingy on the solution (wish they gave us more though..)
4) Waiting the 24 hours for it to setup will definitely make a difference in how it looks. Once it sets up, it looks great !!
5) The front might not need it but I put it on anyway - might as well get the all-around protection anyway..
6) I didn't lose ANY sensitivity on the screen..

I liked it so much, I ordered shields for my Son's PSP and my cell !

No complaints here..

HelixOmnimedia

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2006
Traveling The World
I have just applied an invisible shield to my 16g touch, after first watching the video on how to do it.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you watch this video on how to apply the shield to the iPod Touch?

My Touch should have been here today, but it still hasn't turned up, and my shield came last week.

blacksurf

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
UK
3) Don't be stingy on the solution (wish they gave us more though..)
QUOTE]

The solution can be refilled though, just put some water in and a little washing up liquid - works fine. Remember also that you can remove the shield using water/soap/solution as well.

r!ggaman

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2006
Houston
Wow, maybe im the only one but I like the fact that my ipod touch, or any ipod, gets all beat up from my use. Kind of like a guitar that had its paint chip away and the hardware rust over the years due to constant use. It gives the product a story and really makes it unique to you, but hey maybe im not all OCD about scratches and stuff. :D

vanzskater272

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2006
I really want to order a bestskinever cover for my touch but I dont wanna keep waiting. Does anyone know if any stores like walmart or best buy carry the Invisible Shield?

bektravels

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
Australia
I have just applied an invisible shield to my 16g touch, after first watching the video on how to do it. It took about 45 minutes being totally obsessive about pre-cleaning, squeezing out air bubbles etc. I am really pleased with the results. My advice is take your time putting it on, it is worth it. No effect on the sensitivity of the touch screen as best I can tell

Heya - to anyone who's put the IS on their touch, any chance of seeing some photos?? ;)

Thx

bektravels

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
Australia
Wow, maybe im the only one but I like the fact that my ipod touch, or any ipod, gets all beat up from my use. Kind of like a guitar that had its paint chip away and the hardware rust over the years due to constant use. It gives the product a story and really makes it unique to you, but hey maybe im not all OCD about scratches and stuff. :D

Yeah I haven't really cared about scratches til the touch... although I'm starting to wish I did - I wanna sell my old video on ebay but it's looking *really* shabby, can't imagine anyone wanting to bid on it!!

m242

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2007
Heya - to anyone who's put the IS on their touch, any chance of seeing some photos?? ;)

Thx

Sure, here are some photos of mine, with the IS on both sides. Difficult to pick up from the pics because it is basically invisible. The smudge at the top of the back shot is to obscure the engraving

Attachments

• 03-10-07_1003.jpg
    03-10-07_1003.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 232
  • 03-10-07_1005.jpg
    03-10-07_1005.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 237
  • 03-10-07_1006.jpg
    03-10-07_1006.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 198

KassaNovaKaine

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2007
While I'm definitely getting a shield for the back, is it even worth it for the front? I've never scratched any of my previous 3 ipods, so it's highly doubtful I'll scratch one that has an even better scratch-resistant screen.

The only advantage I can think of, is how the IS affects smudging and whatnot. Any comments about that? I know the Touch's screen can basically be just wiped clean, but I'd rather it didn't have it at all. Would putting on the shield somehow "deflect" the grease and oil from fingers more efficiently?

m242

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2007
While I'm definitely getting a shield for the back, is it even worth it for the front? I've never scratched any of my previous 3 ipods, so it's highly doubtful I'll scratch one that has an even better scratch-resistant screen.

yeah good point, I wasn't planning on putting the front on until I saw how well the back went on, then I thought I'd give it a try because I can always take it off later. It's only been a day but I think the fingerprint problem is better with the shield on, the plastic doesn't seem to trap them like the glass did

bektravels

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
Australia
Sure, here are some photos of mine, with the IS on both sides. Difficult to pick up from the pics because it is basically invisible. The smudge at the top of the back shot is to obscure the engraving

Thanks for posting! It does look good, might have to get me one:)

Cache

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
So, did anyone take their front IS off yet? Experiencing any decrease in touch sensitivity?

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
have not take off either the front or back shield. There is no decrease in touch sensitivity. In fact, i am writing this on my touch with the shield on.

Chimpy

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2007
Bestskinsever has the new iPod Touch skins for sale now. I've used BSE for my 1st, 2nd, and now 3rd gen nanos and my 30GB iPod Video and have loved them. Awesome protection and looks great.

The first time application is a bitch, as you will be thinking to yourself "Really? Am I really gonna dunk this piece of plastic in water and then lay it wet on my iPod??" The answer is yes, you are going to do just that. You want it good and wet so that it slides around as you get the fit just right. You then use a credit card to squeegee out the water. The keys to a good installation (I've done about 7 iPods now, between my wife and I) are:

• Use plenty of the water/detergent solution
  • Don't let any soap get under the skin. If you have soapy film on top of the solution you made, you used too much detergent. You only need a DROP.
  • Make sure the fit is spot-on. If it's not, peel the skin off before it sticks and re-wet...keep your fingertips wet as well.
  • Once it's exactly in place very gently squeegee out the water with a credit card while dabbing with a paper towel.
  • LET IT DRY FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS. Resist the temptation to handle the iPod as it dries. As it dries it will look nicer and nicer.
  • If it's done right it will be INVISIBLE. I mean, like, most people don't notice the skin when I hand them my iPod, and they FREAK when I start running my keys across the front.

Hope this helps. No, I'm no shill for Best Skins Ever, just a very happy user of their product. If I'm not too lazy I'll try and post pics of my new phatty nano covered with their skin.

Sir. Cheesecake

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2007
I honestly didnt like the feel it gave on the front. Had to press a tad harder on flicking through didnt feel as smooth. Love it on the back though.

darrengreer

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2006
I love the feel of the IS on my touch. The best thing about it is the fact that it longer feels like it is going to slip right out of my hands.

The feel of the IS is hard to describe, but I really like it. And I haven't had any issues with sensitivity so far. At least that is noticeable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.