Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sampple

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
hi all,

Love the 7 but that 6s just seems so fast and smooth, brighter screen, closes apps quickly...
not sure. That camera tho!

BUT here's the thing... the SE is faster than all the above, so what about that tho.

Reactions: jimbo1mcm

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
Uhhh? You can't "upgrade" to a worse device. That's called a downgrade.

And the iPhone SE is not faster than the iPhone 7.

The iPhone 6s is still a fantastic device, and the iPhone SE is a great bargain, so either go for the best, save a little and still get a great phone, or save a lot and get an awesome compact phone. It's all personal preference.

Sampple

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012

The iPhone 6s is still a fantastic device, and the iPhone SE is a great bargain, so either go for the best, save a little and still get a great phone, or save a lot and get an awesome compact phone. It's all personal preference.

Well the 6s is most def faster than the 7, that we got. But then the SE is faster than the 6s because less pixels to push, so now cant decide. Good thing is the SE has the better camera like the 6s does, so it's down to SE or 6s I guess.

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
Well the 6s is most def faster than the 7, that we got. But then the SE is faster than the 6s because less pixels to push, so now cant decide. Good thing is the SE has the better camera like the 6s does, so it's down to SE or 6s I guess.
Unless you got a bad device, the iPhone 7 is way faster than the iPhone 6s. I'm not sure why you think otherwise.

But you're right about on-screen performance is slightly better on the iPhone SE than the iPhone 6s because of the lower resolution.

Sampple

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012

Well the SE is faster than that 6s and obviously 6s is faster with the better camera. 7 has 6s on the new headphone tho. BUT as you can see,
the SE is faster than the 7.
BUT slower than the 7Plus for sure.
(edit, no SE is same speed as 7Plus in many cases, but maybe 7Plus faster on some games )

caelius

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2015
Innsbruck, Austria
I don't know what you mean, plenty of videos out there showing how fast 6s is vs the slower 7,

Despite some videos on the Internet: You do realize that's de facto impossible, right? A Prius can't outperform a Tesla either...

If the 6S beats the 7 anywhere, then that's something that Apple has to look into. The 7 is bound to crush the 6S performance-wise, given all that additional punch it has under the hood. Just like there's no way the 6S camera could ever match up to the 7 - specs and numbers don't lie. And physics neither.

Reactions: CraigGB

Sampple

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
now it makes sense after some reading... the apps iphone 7 comes with are handled by some sort of new slower cores the 6s doesn't have... so day to day stuff like email and booting up, weather etc etc is slower on 7, then games like Crossy Road are faster on the 7, probably.
[doublepost=1474175819][/doublepost]
Despite some videos on the Internet: You do realize that's de facto impossible, right? A Prius can't outperform a Tesla either...
I have a model S, can confirm BUT does look like I figured out why SE and 6s is faster than 7 in many cases,
mods can close.

Sampple

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
Might wanna look into the iPhone 4s. Less pixels = better performance .........

Surely you will agree "new" does not always mean "better". Look at the Xperia z4( 3+ ) vs the older Xperia z3 which was released more than one year earlier... Z4 had a better processor, better specs, but many argue a huge step backwards.
Xperia fans might even argue that the Z5, which came out 2 years after z3, is still not the "better" phone.
At least, that's what I assume your "funny" reply to my serious question refers to. I assume.
[doublepost=1474176663][/doublepost]
Cocaine is one hell of a drug...

These replies are very odd. So because it is "new", it is faster by some magic default?
Never mind. Anyway mods can close, I found my answer and will go with the slightly faster SE.
( or far slower when playing video games, which, like the drugs you are so familiar with, I don't use )

Trogdor796

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
Surely you will agree "new" does not always mean "better". Look at the Xperia z4( 3+ ) vs the older Xperia z3 which was released more than one year earlier... Z4 had a better processor, better specs, but many argue a huge step backwards.
Xperia fans might even argue that the Z5, which came out 2 years after z3, is still not the "better" phone.
At least, that's what I assume your "funny" reply to my serious question refers to. I assume.
[doublepost=1474176663][/doublepost]

These replies are very odd. So because it is "new", it is faster by some magic default?
Never mind. Anyway mods can close, I found my answer and will go with the slightly faster SE.
( or far slower when playing video games, which, like the drugs you are so familiar with, I don't use )
Sorry dude, but when you say stuff like this:
"Love the 7 but that 6s just seems so fast and smooth, brighter screen, closes apps quickly...

BUT here's the thing... the SE is faster than all the above, so what about that tho."

Or this:
"Good thing is the SE has the better camera like the 6s does, so it's down to SE or 6s I guess."

What do you expect people to think? You're just rambling on and spewing out straight up lies.

- The 6s or SE is NOT faster. Go look at benchmarks for the CPUs and try to tell me the 7 isn't the fastest. IDK about some video or how long apps take to open, as that could be influenced by a huge number of things. The 7 is without a doubt faster than both.
- Brighter screen? Wtf dude? The 7 has a 25% brighter screen! It's on their website, it was in the keynote, so unless you got a faulty phone, then no, the screen on the 6s is not brighter.
- SE has the better camera like the 6s? Are you trying to say the SE and 6s have a better camera than the 7? Nope, look at the actual specs. The 7 has a higher quality camera, which does better in low light, and also has optical image stabilization, which neither the SE or 6s do.

If you were posting your impressions or opinions that would be one thing. But you are coming on here and sreading lies and misinformation. So just stop.

Last edited:

Sampple

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
Sorry dude, but when you say stuff like this:
"Love the 7 but that 6s just seems so fast and smooth, brighter screen, closes apps quickly...

BUT here's the thing... the SE is faster than all the above, so what about that tho."

Or this:
"Good thing is the SE has the better camera like the 6s does, so it's down to SE or 6s I guess."

What do you expect people to think? You're just rambling on and spewing out straight up lies.

- The 6s or SE is NOT faster. Go look at benchmarks for the CPUs and try to tell me the 7 isn't the fastest. IDK about some video or how long apps take to open, as that could be influenced by a huge number of things. The 7 is without a doubt faster than both.
- Brighter screen? Wtf dude? The 7 has a 25% brighter screen! It's on their website, it was in the keynote, so unless you got a faulty phone, then no, the screen on the 6s is not brighter.
- SE has the better camera like the 6s? Are you trying to say the SE and 6s have a better camera than the 7? Nope, look at the actual specs. The 7 has a higher quality camera, which does better in low light, and also has optical image stabilization, which neither the SE or 6s do.

If you were posting your impressions or opinions that would be one thing. But you are coming on here and sreading lies and misinformation. So just stop.

25% brighter sounds like a marketing quote? I was only going by the impressions by most of the Apple fans on this very message board that the screen on the 7 is more yellow and less bright bs 7s, and others are claiming it is about the same. ... Is that not true?

The rest is just based on Videos I'm seeing with my own eyes, has nothing to do with lying or being truthful. I'm not understanding exactly what you mean unless you work for the Company and don't like my question?... I hope not! Regardless I have my answer and have made my choice, thank you.
[doublepost=1474181573][/doublepost]Yet another video... do you only need to watch the first few seconds!

iPhone 7 is slower than 6s in many cases and the screen is darker for many on this forum and in yet another video, done deal.

thanks for the drug/ alcohol comments tho.

caelius

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2015
Innsbruck, Austria
I was only going by the impressions by most of the Apple fans on this very message board that the screen on the 7 is more yellow and less bright bs 7s, and others are claiming it is about the same. ... Is that not true?

Those "yellow screen" rants appear every single year. The screens really have to be as yellow as the Beatle's submarine by now! :rolleyes: It's a bit warmer than my old 6's screen, but looks much better in comparison!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.