Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sampple

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
Those "yellow screen" rants appear every single year. The screens really have to be as yellow as the Beatle's submarine by now! :rolleyes: It's a bit warmer than my old 6's screen, but looks much better in comparison!
Fair enough.... that latest example in the video looks really yellow for me personally but your comment certainly beats don't drink and do cocaine. Thank you.

caelius

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2015
Innsbruck, Austria
Fair enough.... that latest example in the video looks really yellow for me personally but your comment certainly beats don't drink and do cocaine. Thank you.

To be fair, you were being really really polemic in your posts. As I said earlier - numbers don't lie and there's no way the 6S/SE could even come close to the 7 when it comes to performance and/or camera quality.

As you've mentioned yourself, the 7 has two cores designed for power-saving during day-to-day tasks. They may be a bit slower than the always-full-throttle cores of the A9, but when it comes to peak performance under heavy load, the 7 is going to absolutely annihilate those last-year models.

Last edited:

iphone4life6901

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2014
hi all,

Love the 7 but that 6s just seems so fast and smooth, brighter screen, closes apps quickly...
not sure. That camera tho!

BUT here's the thing... the SE is faster than all the above, so what about that tho.

I recommend you check the geek bench scores. The iPhone 7 is by FAR faster than the 6s. Why is it not apparent in these tests? That's yet to be answered, but I can almost guarantee that the next update will make a world of difference in this regard.

Reactions: ABC5S

S_Z

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2016
I recommend you check the geek bench scores. The iPhone 7 is by FAR faster than the 6s. Why is it not apparent in these tests? That's yet to be answered, but I can almost guarantee that the next update will make a world of difference in this regard.

I have been checking many of these "speed tests" and he has a point. Yes, the 7 is faster in raw number crushing as we can see in benchmarks but something sure seem to hold it back in real applications. And i'm not talking about just simple applications, its pretty much a draw in opening games (sometimes 6S wins sometimes 7).

And from pcmag: http://uk.pcmag.com/smartphones/84555/news/the-iphone-7-is-the-fastest-phone-ever
"Benchmarks don't tell the whole story, though. We made every iPhone export a one-minute 1080p video to a 720p file in iMovie, and found that iMovie—at least for now—is no faster on the iPhone 7 than on the iPhone 6s. Both phones exported the file in 10 seconds, as opposed to 17 seconds with the iPhone 6 and 22 seconds with the iPhone 5s."

If you compare an iPad Pro to an 6S its faster A9X chip has no problem getting away from the A9 in phonebuffs speed test:
The A10 is suppose to be even faster than the A9X but I would put my money on the iPad Pro in a "speed test" against the iPhone 7.

Is the software not optimized for the A10 yet or is it the big.LITTLE design or is something else in the hardware holding it back.

Saying iPhone 7 the fastest iPhone to date is not really true as it looks right now. If benchmarks are the only applications we will see this speed increase what good does it do?

Last edited:
Reactions: dcharleyultra

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Well the 6s is most def faster than the 7, that we got. But then the SE is faster than the 6s because less pixels to push, so now cant decide. Good thing is the SE has the better camera like the 6s does, so it's down to SE or 6s I guess.

No. The 6s is not faster than the iPhone 7. I have both and I'm telling you from experience with the A10 Fusion chip, the 6s is slower. I wouldn't say the 7 is light years faster, but make no mistake about it, the 7 is faster.

The SE is a great phone with the same internal specifications as the 6s, which has the exact same camera.

No matter what phone you decide on, the 6s/SE are fairly new iPhones with plenty of power and of course the latest being the iPhone 7.

one more thing

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
Magic mushrooms?
I have tested the 7 camera against my SE and whilst the dynamic range is slightly better on the 7 the noise in low light especially is worse than the SE! I was amazed and maybe mine was faulty? For me the SE camera was best. The 7 also failed on fast moving objects and created a horrible double edge can only assume this is the ois trying too hard?

Really expected this camera to be better so for now sticking with my SE. Again my 7 could of been faulty anyone else not pleased with the 7 camera?

J&D

Suspended
Sep 18, 2016
No. The 6s is not faster than the iPhone 7. I have both and I'm telling you from experience with the A10 Fusion chip, the 6s is slower. I wouldn't say the 7 is light years faster, but make no mistake about it, the 7 is faster.

The SE is a great phone with the same internal specifications as the 6s, which has the exact same camera.

No matter what phone you decide on, the 6s/SE are fairly new iPhones with plenty of power and of course the latest being the iPhone 7.
The iPhone 7 cpu is slightly underclocked than the plus model,no dual camera,only 2 gb of ram seems like they messed with the iPhone 7 This time the difference is insignificant than the plus model this time,not like previous models when the difference was only of IOS,doesn't make any sense getting the iPhone 7 when iPhone SE gives more value for money

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Love my phone 7. Some have upgraded and found it to be an essential upgrade from the 6s. Time will tell though.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
If you want to see whether the 6S or 7 is faster, try downloading iOS 10.0.1 on both at the same time. The 7 is much faster. They are both so fast at loading websites it's hard to appreciate much difference.

CrackerJackToy

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2011
I have used an iPhone 6s Plus for 12 months. I've used the iPhone 7 Plus for two days. The 7 is incredibly faster, snappier, and better. There's zero question about it and one that everyone here will attest to.

This is the dumbest thread I have ever read on MacRumors.

Reactions: Katamari12

Taco1933

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
Feeling a little insecure about not having the newest shiniest toy, are we?

The 6s is a great phone. Shouldn't need to make passive aggressive internet posts to feel better about having it.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
Love my phone 7. Some have upgraded and found it to be an essential upgrade from the 6s. Time will tell though.
What the **** are you talking about huh " an essential upgrade" in which department,the iPhone 6s is still faster in loading apps than the iPhone 7,early users are reporting about there is not much improvement in iPhone 7 camera than the iPhone 6s,if don't believe me go check out the comparison videos between iPhone 6s and iPhone 7

Serickmetz

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2013
Oregon

The 6s is a great phone. Shouldn't need to make passive aggressive internet posts to feel better about having it.
This totally and completely sums up this entire thread. MODS PLEASE LOCK THIS UP! We're done here folks.

rawlus

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2009
Boston
It comes down to what "faster" means in the mind of who is saying it.
Are we talking technical specifications or how it feels to use it? Are we talking performance in ripping movies or playing games? Are we talking how quickly it boots up or opens and closes apps or...?
I think a lot of ppl have their own definition of faster in mind based upon how they use their device and that may or may not be solved by the addition of more RAM or the A10 chip.

This is he first generation of phone not relying solely on brute power, this idea of balancing battery consumption and performance. To some, slightly slower handling of routine tasks may be seen as a detractor even if it brings better battery performance, they may also not appreciate where the high power cores play a role.. maybe they don't game or process videos with their phone. So their view might be that the 7 is "slower" or their idea of faster is faster everything and anything...

People have been saying they want more battery power for years.... but it would appear that as soon as it comes along, at a slight cost in something else (the relativity issue) now the focus is on what is lacking, not what was gained.

Reactions: Laserducky

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
hi all,

Love the 7 but that 6s just seems so fast and smooth, brighter screen, closes apps quickly...
not sure. That camera tho!

BUT here's the thing... the SE is faster than all the above, so what about that tho.

The only reason I made the jump from 6s Plus to 7 is because Tmobile offered the 24 month $0 iPhone trade in deal. Essentially I went to an upgraded phone for $0 plus tax of a $750 phone. If you didn't jump on this deal and want to save a couple of bucks you might want to get the newer 6s phones with the doubled storage. I was going to get my wife the 32gb 6s from her 16gb 6s because she she needs more storage. But I did the math... the 7 is a hell of a bargain with these upgrade deals...

Sampple

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
The 7 is everywhere here in Tokyo, all colors, all capacity, no lines , and I asked mods to close on page 1 because my question was answered.
[doublepost=1474369860][/doublepost]
This totally and completely sums up this entire thread. MODS PLEASE LOCK THIS UP! We're done here folks.

The 7 is everywhere here in Tokyo, all colors, all capacity, no lines , and I asked mods to close on page 1 because my question was answered.
[doublepost=1474369897][/doublepost]

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The iPhone 7 cpu is slightly underclocked than the plus model,no dual camera,only 2 gb of ram seems like they messed with the iPhone 7 This time the difference is insignificant than the plus model this time,not like previous models when the difference was only of IOS,doesn't make any sense getting the iPhone 7 when iPhone SE gives more value for money

Hey @Sunnysunnysingh, why do you have multiple accounts on Macrumors? It's against forum rules and will get you banned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.