Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bj097

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
Yes I understand it's the best to get the best one but not everyone has enough budget, I am recently running out of money for something else and my mobile phone has failed and so practically I have NO phone now...

Can it last for another three years? I know iPhone 11 has been two years now....I don't play games, I don't watch youtube or clips, I practically only use my phone for social applications like instagram, whatsapp, and shopping apps like ebay and paypal, things like that....

I know SE will be a even more economic choice but its screen is too small that I don't like it.

Monsterbit2021

Suspended
Nov 2, 2021
Hey, What phone are you using now?
If you are going to upgrade to iPhone 11, I will say just keep the old one.
The iPhone 13 pro is the best upgrade from all eld phones.

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
Yes I understand it's the best to get the best one but not everyone has enough budget, I am recently running out of money for something else and my mobile phone has failed and so practically I have NO phone now...

Can it last for another three years? I know iPhone 11 has been two years now....I don't play games, I don't watch youtube or clips, I practically only use my phone for social applications like instagram, whatsapp, and shopping apps like ebay and paypal, things like that....

I know SE will be a even more economic choice but its screen is too small that I don't like it.
I have the 11 and I love it. I suffer with the new OLED screens so I don’t have much of a choice but to stick to my 11….but I’m grateful for it. Given what you have stated, I believe it’ll greatly fit your needs and be supported with iOS updates for at least 3 more years.

bj097

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
I have the 11 and I love it. I suffer with the new OLED screens so I don’t have much of a choice but to stick to my 11….but I’m grateful for it. Given what you have stated, I believe it’ll greatly fit your needs and be supported with iOS updates for at least 3 more years.
yes I'm not so worried about the spec and my needs with iPhone 11 I am only not sure if it can be supported with updates for another three years..... I was a victim of updating iOS and ruining up the phone immediately

bj097

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
iPhone 11 will be solid for you. but make sure you get the battery replaced.
get the batter replaced? what did you mean?

My friend who is 1.9m tall with big palm he said it's extremely easy to slip the iPhone 11 and fall onto the ground if used without a phone case.... Is it really that easy??? Since I personally don't like using phone case but my palm is definitely a lot smaller than his

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2020

My friend who is 1.9m tall with big palm he said it's extremely easy to slip the iPhone 11 and fall onto the ground if used without a phone case.... Is it really that easy??? Since I personally don't like using phone case but my palm is definitely a lot smaller than his

@Monsterbit2021 is just recommending that in a scenario where you get a used iPhone 11 to really optimize your budget, get the battery replaced to maximize it's longevity.

Reactions: Monsterbit2021

Monsterbit2021

Suspended
Nov 2, 2021

I thought you are getting a used iphone 11. If so , replacing the battery is very important.

bj097

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
@Monsterbit2021 is just recommending that in a scenario where you get a used iPhone 11 to really optimize your budget, get the battery replaced to maximize it's longevity.
I have no intention of getting a used 11, after taking the cost of battery and warranty risk into account, why not getting a new one? I don't normally get anything used

jordanfc21

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2020
New Zealand
I have no intention of getting a used 11, after taking the cost of battery and warranty risk into account, why not getting a new one? I don't normally get anything used
You'll be perfectly happy with an iPhone 11 for your case. Going by Apple's own track record, if the iPhone 6s can get iOS 15 (launched with iOS 9), a new iPhone 11 which launched with iOS 13 should last through iOS 19 (or, at least another four major iOS updates).

bodonnell202

macrumors 68030
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
iPhone 11 is a great phone and with the A13 and and 4 GB of RAM I'm sure it will be supported for at least 3 more years (and probably 5 more considering the base iPad was just released with the A13 and 3 GB of ram).

Reactions: 5105973

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
If you don't use 5G, the iPhone 11 remains a very good buy.

iOS 15 supports A9/2GB. iPhone 11 is A13/4GB. There's plenty of life left in iPhone 11.

BATman.Berlin

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2015
California
I am about getting a 11 for my mother. It’s a very reliable phone. My kiddo has my old 11 and it runs like a charm. And yes she is playing games extensively, doing FaceTime and all the crap young people do with their phones.
If you don’t need the latest and want to save some, the 11 is great

Reactions: Isamilis

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
If you don't use 5G, the iPhone 11 remains a very good buy.

iOS 15 supports A9/2GB. iPhone 11 is A13/4GB. There's plenty of life left in iPhone 11.
Couldn’t agree more on this. Major diff for my usage is 5g. I keep using 11 since in my areas, 5g is very rare.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I just went from iPhone 13 Pro to a new iPhone XR and it’s running smooth as silk on the latest version of iOS. I love it. The iPhone 11 is one year more advanced than the Xr and still being sold in the Apple Store so I think it should suit your needs. My dad is still using an iPhone 8 Plus.

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
Aww this makes me miss my giant green brick of a phone: the 11. It just felt like such a friendly device with its large black bezels and round edges.

I wish they had made the SE2020 that same thickness, so it wouldn’t have such a large screen.

But I loved the 11 and just sold it back to Apple after getting a 13 mini.

The rumors are that the new SE will be a XR. If it’s possible to wait till March it might be worth it…. But, it’s all rumors… so if you need to act now, the 11 did great with iOS 15, so yeah, get it with confidence that it should be okay for two-three years. (And if it isn’t, sell it in two years and get something newer)

Reactions: ElectronGuru

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017

Will it last for another three years? Yes, I’m pretty sure the 11 will support the latest iOS for the next few years. But will it support it without any problems? I’m not sure. Sooner or later you’ll run into battery drain and performance issues.

Reactions: bj097

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
Will it last for another three years? Yes, I’m pretty sure the 11 will support the latest iOS for the next few years. But will it support it without any problems? I’m not sure. Sooner or later you’ll run into battery drain and performance issues.
Well, with the ability to only download security updates and not the whole new operating system, it’s much more likely a phone won’t get slowdowns and battery drains from new OS.

Reactions: bj097

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
Well, with the ability to only download security updates and not the whole new operating system, it’s much more likely a phone won’t get slowdowns and battery drains from new OS.

Agreed. I wish we had the option to do so.

bearmaster1

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2018
Los Angeles
I would not get an iPhone 11, due to the 2x2 MIMO antenna. I have an iPhone XR, which has a 2x2 antenna and the reception is significantly worse than my wife's iPhone XS with 4x4 antenna (the good one). Although I am overall happy with the XR, the reception problem is the main reason why I just recently purchased an iPhone 12.

Off topic but the iphone 12 was used like new and has apple warranty until july of next year. Purchased for $600.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
There's nothing different in the screen between the 11 and XR so if you're looking to save some money, grab a XR if you can find one with decent battery life. For your use cases it would be just fine.

Reactions: KOTN91

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
I have an 11 and recently got a 13. I can’t tell them apart in terms of performance, the 11 is just as snappy for typical (non-game) usage such as email, messaging, social media, photo taking, navigating, watching videos. Can’t really tell the difference in photo quality either. So yes the 11 should be perfectly fine for many more years.

xrayv

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2021
Yes, you should totally get it. $500 for a brand new iPhone 11 is a good deal.
I myself just got one after being disappointed by 13 Mini. Very happy

Reactions: Tmacc47

Tmacc47

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2018
Ohio
Yes, you should totally get it. $500 for a brand new iPhone 11 is a good deal.
I myself just got one after being disappointed by 13 Mini. Very happy
You may have just helped me make my decision lol. I haven't had an iPhone since the 6s and want a new one. I was debating on whether a 13 is worth the extra $300. I don't think it is lol.

Reactions: xrayv and bj097
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.