Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kaikidan

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2017
Had a 11, works like a charm except for the highly degraded battery, this fella got a intense life with wireless charging at all time, playing videos all day long, browsing reddit, always been snappy and fast, never had a problem with it, that said I ended upgrading to a 13 mini because of the size but will be replacing the 1gen SE of my mother with the 11 so it will get another 3 or more years of use with her.

Reactions: ElectronGuru

1CaesaR1

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2020
I would say iPhone 11 is great for your needs. I would also check Mercari/ebay and see if you get lucky with someone selling a new one. I just a month ago found a brand new iPhone 11 for my wife for $300 on Mercari. The seller had purchased it in June, but never activated it. I activated when I got it (October 2nd) and got a full 1 year warranty from that date (expires Oct 2022).

bj097

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
You may have just helped me make my decision lol. I haven't had an iPhone since the 6s and want a new one. I was debating on whether a 13 is worth the extra $300. I don't think it is lol.
Yes, you r right. It just doesn't worth. I never get the newest iPhone, especially because I don't play games.

Acronyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
I had an 11 and recently got a brand new 12 at a really good price. The biggest things I like about the 12 over the 11 are (1) the OLED display and (2) the physical design.

I didn’t think I’d like the OLED as much as I do, but after using it for a few weeks now I feel like I could never go back. And the flat edges and smaller bezels and smaller physical size of the 12 is just so nice. Every time I use my work 11 it makes me like my 12 even more.

The 11 is an awesome phone but if we’re to get s new one now I wouldn’t buy one again. I’d rather get a 12 or 13. I even moved down in storage space on my 12 but I’m not missing it at all and really liking the extras of the 12.

Reactions: ElectronGuru

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
Yes I understand it's the best to get the best one but not everyone has enough budget, I am recently running out of money for something else and my mobile phone has failed and so practically I have NO phone now...

Can it last for another three years? I know iPhone 11 has been two years now....I don't play games, I don't watch youtube or clips, I practically only use my phone for social applications like instagram, whatsapp, and shopping apps like ebay and paypal, things like that....

I know SE will be a even more economic choice but its screen is too small that I don't like it.
I would say yes. The main reasons I upgraded to 12 Pro was the better camera (telephoto) and I had someone to give my 11 to who was using a 2016 SE with poor battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.