Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nycgeo

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2005
NYC
Thanks for the responses!
I'm kinda leaning more towards these cases to see how well it works vs using a screen protector due to how much easier it is to install.
I was looking at the Rhinoshield one but it looks like it adds so much bulk. (As an aside, their email mentions their Black Friday deal will start tomorrow).
The best case out here is the Spigen one, see above. Its slim, stylish, protective and super easy to remove and install. And by the way this is *critical* as the case must be removed daily to clean under it. Any dust caught between the case and watch will result in scraping the screen or finish.

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
The best case out here is the Spigen one, see above. Its slim, stylish, protective and super easy to remove and install. And by the way this is *critical* as the case must be removed daily to clean under it. Any dust caught between the case and watch will result in scraping the screen or finish.
Yikes! Didn't know these cases need that much maintenance!
Maybe I just just put on a screen protector and call it a day. Hopefully the aluminum frame will be strong enough to resist the scratches between case and dust!

Reactions: nycgeo

nycgeo

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2005
NYC
Yikes! Didn't know these cases need that much maintenance!
Maybe I just just put on a screen protector and call it a day. Hopefully the aluminum frame will be strong enough to resist the scratches between case and dust!
It’s the same as phones and phone cases, and possibly worse overall. Micro-dust including tiny grains of sand will eventually wear away at least the oleophobic coating, and eventually scratch the glass or aluminum/steel casing of a watch or phone. I wipe mine off every time I put a case on, and at least every other day to prevent this from happening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.