Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Evil Lair

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2013
Business in the front:
IMG_1672.jpg

Party in the back:
IMG_1673.jpg

M1 Ultra / 2x Dell UP3017 / CalDigit TS3 Plus / OWC Thunderbay 4 with Noctua fan mod / Apple Magic Trackpad / Keychron K5 Ultra-Slim / Wacom Intuos Pro / Logitech MX Anywhere 2S / Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Business in the front:
View attachment 2295125

Party in the back:
View attachment 2295126

M1 Ultra / 2x Dell UP3017 / CalDigit TS3 Plus / OWC Thunderbay 4 with Noctua fan mod / Apple Magic Trackpad / Keychron K5 Ultra-Slim / Wacom Intuos Pro / Logitech MX Anywhere 2S / Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200

I'm sure it's functional and productive... but man, that tangle of wires gives me anxiety. :D

M2MaxMan

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2023
This is awesome! How do you have all of the monitors connected to the Studio?
So sorry for this late reply, but the Thunderbolt Display & 27" Cinema Displays are connected to the rear of the Mac Studio with the Thunderbolt Display using the Thunderbolt 4 connector USB-C and the three cinema displays use the cinema display connector to USC-C connectors. I do get sound from the 27" Thunderbolt Display due to the connection on how that works. It is pretty easy to use and it just keep using these monitors as long they hold out!!!

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
IMG_2368.jpg

Base M1 Max Studio connected to 3xDell Ultrasharp 27 inch 4k monitors + Late 2015 iMac 27. I used to have 4 Dell monitors but one of my production programs broke because the combined horizontal resolution was too high. So I picked up a $200 iMac to take care of the fourth monitor. I have experimented with 5 monitors in the past but it turned out to be too far to swivel my head and I've found that I can use Spaces to see what I want to. The iMac runs my office stuff while my trading stuff runs on the 3 monitors on the left.

The clock is an iPad mini 2. The phone on the right is an iPhone 7+ which displays the near-term weather forecast.

The calculator under the third monitor is an HP-67 which I bought around 1977 or 1978.

My home gym is to the left (Keiser m3i spin bike, barbell, bench, dumbbells) and there is a clear area behind me where I do yoga and bodyweight exercises. So I can run a video, movie or podcast and listen to it or watch it while working out.

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
Looking for a thread to share my decision to order a new Studio setup - there is an 'iMac order thread' but none for the Studio! Can I celebrate it here?

Replacing my late 2014 27" iMac with a Studio after deciding that it was useless to wait any longer for a 27" iMac replacement (or 32", or whatever).

My Mac Studio order - M2 Max 12/30/16 (base configuration) with 64GB memory and 2 TB storage. Will be paired with one Apple Studio display - standard gas, tilt & height adjustable. And a new keyboard and mouse - black - because, why not!?

Monitor, keyboard and display will be delivered this week. The Studio Mac will take another 10 days or so.

Not quite soon enough for Thanksgiving, but plenty early for Christmas gift for myself!!

mr_jomo

Cancelled
Dec 9, 2018
Looking for a thread to share my decision to order a new Studio setup - there is an 'iMac order thread' but none for the Studio! Can I celebrate it here?

Replacing my late 2014 27" iMac with a Studio after deciding that it was useless to wait any longer for a 27" iMac replacement (or 32", or whatever).

My Mac Studio order - M2 Max 12/30/16 (base configuration) with 64GB memory and 2 TB storage. Will be paired with one Apple Studio display - standard gas, tilt & height adjustable. And a new keyboard and mouse - black - because, why not!?

Monitor, keyboard and display will be delivered this week. The Studio Mac will take another 10 days or so.

Not quite soon enough for Thanksgiving, but plenty early for Christmas gift for myself!!
you can totally celebrate here - amazing upgrade :)

Reactions: Phil77354

designerdave72

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2010

Exactly my situation this time last year – 2014 iMac for M1 maxed out Max and ASD 🤩

Last edited:

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.

I've been hoping to receive my Mac Studio before the end of the holiday weekend - it shipped from China on 11/16-17 but FedEx tracking has been showing a delay in Anchorage for the past two days, with the message "A FedEx Systems Outage has delayed release".

I haven't even taken the Studio Monitor out of the box yet but I'm really anxious to get this baby set up!

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
I've been hoping to receive my Mac Studio before the end of the holiday weekend - it shipped from China on 11/16-17 but FedEx tracking has been showing a delay in Anchorage for the past two days, with the message "A FedEx Systems Outage has delayed release".

I haven't even taken the Studio Monitor out of the box yet but I'm really anxious to get this baby set up!

Good news - to my surprise, after being held up for nearly two full days in Anchorage, my Mac Studio has flown to Memphis and then back to the Northwest, was trucked to my local FedEx facility this morning and is now out for delivery today! Amazing how quickly these deliveries can move around the country once they are moving normally.

This means I'll be getting my new computer set up and have plenty of time to use it over the long holiday weekend, quite a pleasant surprise!

designerdave72

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2010
Good news - to my surprise, after being held up for nearly two full days in Anchorage, my Mac Studio has flown to Memphis and then back to the Northwest, was trucked to my local FedEx facility this morning and is now out for delivery today! Amazing how quickly these deliveries can move around the country once they are moving normally.

This means I'll be getting my new computer set up and have plenty of time to use it over the long holiday weekend, quite a pleasant surprise!

Be interesting to see if it ships with Ventura or Sonoma

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: EzisAA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.