Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
I drew mine with Paint. :p

Netdraw.jpg

Slight modification, i've currently got a government broadband test router hooked up between the Comcast modem and the TimeCapsule, but everything else is hooked up as shown. I prefer to hard wire as much stuff as possible and only use wireless where necessary.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
I'll play.

All our wireless devices were overloading the Residential Gateway, so we brought the old (like 7-8 years!) Linksys router back into service, and it still runs flawlessly.

network.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mrgreeneyes

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2007
Gatineau,Canada
Here's the most recent diagram of my home network, which is just me and my wife now:

http://rogersmj.com/images/network/rogersmjnet-2007-12-20.jpg

That iMac's been replaced by a hackintosh, but I just haven't updated the diagram...still has the same IP, everything else is the same.

Back in college, it was a little more complicated (this was for 4 guys in one apartment):

http://rogersmj.com/images/network/3xmkNET-2006-05-21.jpg

how did you get the images of all the devices?

How do you connect you NAD?

how did you get the images of you devices?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nilscollection

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2011
The Netherlands
This is our network. I didn't put the cell phones in it, because it'd be too messy, but this is a basic view of our network. :)

Our network consists out of Windows-machines only (my iMac and the AirPort Express excluded) but well... I don't mind, actually. It all works, so...

662e6b53.jpg

RonDMC

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2011
Loving this thread keep them coming, heres mine:

too much crap for just one person but I have an addiction. I will sell the Transformer soon and maybe the Macbook pro and buy a new Macbook Air 11 and the new Sony Vaio Z.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
14d0zdj.jpg

Everything in my house is wireless except The 3 TV boxes (duh) and the Printer (connected to the Windows PC, it's wireless on my Mac, as it states)

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
I don't have a fancy graphic, but mine goes:
Modem-->Express-->WAN
-->Printer
-->AirTunes
And connected to the network we have two phones, two laptops and an iMac! Nothing too extreme.

DouchGod

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
My network consists of:

DrayTek Vigor 120 - DSL modem ----> Pfsense box ----> Untangled Running in Bridged mode -----> 16 port gigabit hub ----> then to numerous computers and wireless access points.

When building this security was paramount.

Now i don't have to worry to much about what the computer illiterate morons in my house are up to. I just need to get a nice rack one day to mount it all in, i've just got towers dumped around the house at the moment.

I also need to source myself a new ISP my current one used to offer excellent service now it's really poor and around 3-7pm everyday it's pretty mush unbearable.

Last edited:

shayn

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2006
Ireland
My network: Sitting room has mac mini, running plex, xbox 360 and Sony tv connected by 8 port switch.

Office has MacPro with 2 x readynas, printer, mac mini (plex) to tv. All wired with cat 6 cable.

Mbp, 2 x iphones, iPad and hp laptop connected by wireless.

i-zP4LLzP-X2.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.