Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Damian.

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2009
At home: The Herman Miller Embody with white frame and black fabric. Same as the one in this picture. (not my picture)

5942551376_d52d042011_z.jpg

And the Herman Miller Aeron at work.

Reactions: rafark

Johbremat

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
Bought the Humanscale Freedom today with the graphite body, black fabric. Still trying to get a decent picture of my own, but in the meantime here's a shot of my model:

2wgvwio.jpg

(taken from a Head-Fi setup thread)​

Tried so hard to love the Herman Miller Aeron and Mirra but couldn't get comfortable in the things. They didn't have an Embody for me to try out - and without having tried it can't say it wouldn't be better than this chair - but damn, at over twice the price configured to suit and a 14-week lead time, the HM:E better have a seat warmer and back massager.

The Freedom is bloody fantastic. Feels solid, well built, and has very few points of adjustment yet superb articulation. I'm by no means skinny lad, yet the Freedom manages my mass regardless of upright or reclining.

Small thing, sure, but the arms particularly impress me. You can pull them up-and-forward, allowing you to lower them so you can push the chair in under a desk, without having to faff about with the chairs height. Also, the spine indentation. Small thing, but clever (and comfortable) nonetheless.

Being able to slide the seat forward and adjust the lumbar section all while seated is a bonus, but don't envisage me changing them now that I'm seated and having difficulty finding a reason to get up.

Reactions: nikster0029

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
Heres mine.....sorry the cats chair.

Actually lol, I'd bought it to replace my other one, but it just....didn't feel right. So now it's the cats chair and for other people that visit!

Attachments

• IMG_5945.jpg
    IMG_5945.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_5981.jpg
    IMG_5981.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 402

1934hotrod

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2013
Woodstock
That's a happy cat, notice whenever they are in your chair they are like so happy, content and in charge. Fine looking cat .

dma550

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
CT
I have a humanscale freedom for home and my business office. What a great chair. I can sit all day and not be sore.

freedom-with-headrest_famil.gif

ggoerl

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2007
I'm not using the attached picture of the chair but I would love it if someone, anyone! could id the chair, I've been searching endlessly for who makes it. Ignore the control on the armrest, that was added.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-02-04 at 7.42.31 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-02-04 at 7.42.31 PM.png
    784.6 KB · Views: 423

shadow puppet

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2012
4th padded cell on the right
Herman Miller Aeron in Carbon:

4lgW8Xx.jpg

Was first introduced to it while working a freelance gig at Rhythm & Hues. I figured if graphic artists could sit in one all day & be comfy, so could I. I've had it for several years and couldn't be happier. Love the adjustability too.

GoKyu

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2007
New Orleans
I like this style of guest chair, and they usually last me around 3 years each, which isn't bad. I'm actually in the market for a new one, but everywhere I've gone (retail - Office Depot/Max, Online - Amazon, etc.) they don't seem to have this style anymore.

I actually wouldn't mind if it had the double rails on the bottom instead of 4 individual legs, but I'm very hesitant to get one where the back of the chair is only supported by front rails only. That's also a reason I don't want a chair with a single post and casters - they never last for someone at my weight (around 300.)

I do sit in it quite a bit when I'm at home, and it's quite comfortable. Has anyone seen a place that sells a chair like this?

Attachments

• Guest Chair.jpg
    Guest Chair.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 331

jaineyyy

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2013
The Best Office Chairs

I know personally, I'm sitting in one of those <a href="http://www.beverlyhillschairs.com">Ergonomic chairs</a> right now and I love them so much! Good posture FTW!

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
Please excuse the messy home office. I purchased the chair from Staples for $99.99. So far it's great. Comes with a 5 years warranty..

Attachments

• DSC_5469.JPG
    DSC_5469.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 419

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
At home: The Herman Miller Embody with white frame and black fabric. Same as the one in this picture. (not my picture)

And the Herman Miller Aeron at work.

ive wanted one for so long but never pulled the trigger .. plus there is nowhere around me where i can sit in one before buying it

CalebLevArn

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2013
United States #
I'm looking for a new tall office chair for under 400, but cheaper the better.

I want the chair & arms to be made out of fabric, softer the better maybe microfiber.

I also want it to have good thick cushioning that wont go flat after a year.

Why is it that most office chairs only have less than 3 inches of crappy cushion?

I bought a new microfiber serta recliner for only 250 and it has like 7 inches of soft foam plus huge springs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.