Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CC88

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2010
If you can find the lats ISPW that had external display support enabled you can restore that one.
That's what I did one day after updating to the first one that had it disabled.
Hey I have found the ISPW with the latest beta with external monitor support. Can I install it or Apple has closed some sign in or similar?

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
If you can find the lats ISPW that had external display support enabled you can restore that one.
Interesting. For me, I never updated… once news came out of Apple removing external display support and delaying it that made it an easy decision.

How do you feel Stage Manager on your release? I'm asking because before RC my Stage Manager wasn't so good and has some very annoying bug.
Umm.. most of my bugs come from mouse support. Clicking on things doesn’t registry sometimes… even when trying to initiate the dock by moving my mouse pointer down doesn’t often work.

Using the 3 dots to Zoom, Minimize or Close doesn’t work with mouse at times… those are the bugs I encounter the most.

Reactions: CC88

CC88

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2010

Here it is … Thank you so much!!!

0E130C72-DB8D-4B5D-B5D7-B6A9A94F5E3C.jpeg

Last edited:

CC88

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2010
Ouch… Unfortunately the iPadOS that let me use my external monitor doesn’t let me use my external Sandisk 1tb mobile ssd :(

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Ill post one more.

This is my setup in our vacation trailer.

- M1 iPad Pro 256gb in Brydge Max+ on my law bundle
- Acer K222HQL
- Apple Magic Keyboard 1st gen.
- Apple wireless Mighty Mouse
- PS5 controller
- AirPod Pro 1st gen + PowerBeats Pro
Nice Setup! When I'm traveling.. I take my Uperfect Y Monitor, but I don't use it for Stage Manager. I primarily use the monitor for Samsung DeX. Sometimes it's tough deciding which I prefer out of DeX or Stage Manager... but I do like them both.

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
Sweet Setup! But need some explanation here lol.

View attachment 2126240

Why two Anker hubs?
Thank you! Ok, so the Anker USB C hub on the right, is what I use to connect to the external monitor with HDMI, has my T7 external SSD plugged into it, and also powers my iPad. The USB hub on the left, is just that, a USB hub. The USB hub on the right is limited to 2 USB inputs, so I got the one on the left to expand the amount of USB inputs. The one on the left also has 3 dedicated USB charging ports.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ludatyk

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Ok, so the Anker USB C hub on the right, is what I use to connect to the external monitor with HDMI, has my T7 external SSD plugged into it, and also powers my iPad. The USB hub on the left, is just that, a USB hub. The USB hub on the right is limited to 2 USB inputs, so I got the one on the left to expand the amount of USB inputs. The one on the left also has 3 dedicated USB charging ports.
Makes sense. I was just surprised to see so many USB-A ports on that USB hub.

I have couple USB-A ports behind my monitor that I can use for the iPad… but I rarely use them, I tend to just plug in my Samsung T7 directly.

But I do have a USB-C hub that I can use with HDMI… however, I rather plug my monitor via USB-C. Because I tried out both (HDMI vs USB-C) and for some reason… the picture is different, something to do with how the colors output (I don’t know why).

And I have two 2-1 USB-C adapters… one with HDMI and another I can use with USB-A (that one was tough to find), not too many companies make a 2-1 adapter with USB-A.

Reactions: bondr006

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
And I have two 2-1 USB-C adapters… one with HDMI and another I can use with USB-A (that one was tough to find), not too many companies make a 2-1 adapter with USB-A.
I don't have an adapter/splitter for HDMI, but I have this one like the USB-A one you mentioned. I haven't used it yet, because of the two USB hubs I already have, but I suppose if I am in a coffee shop or something, it might get used some day. I tend to over buy in a redundant kinda way when it comes to tech. I would rather have it, and not need it, than need it, and not have it.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Ludatyk

Illuminated

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2008
Denver
It’s still a deal breaker for me because I can’t hear anything out of the iPad or through Airplay with the external monitor plugged in. My monitor doesn’t have a built in speaker, unfortunately.

Reactions: bondr006

SilverFreak

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2022
Italy
It’s still a deal breaker for me because I can’t hear anything out of the iPad or through Airplay with the external monitor plugged in. My monitor doesn’t have a built in speaker, unfortunately.
Yes and for now you cannot switch between multiple audio output…for ex I’ve a usb Scarlett sound card and I cannot switch to the ipad speakers.. lol

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
This has been my main gripe with Stage Manager. There need to be some sound settings for sure. I don't know why the sound doesn't just default to the iPad speakers. That would be the most simple solution. I guess too simple, even for Apple. Anyway, there are a few workarounds. My speaker has audio out/headphone jack on the back which lets me send the sound to my stereo desktop system. Bluetooth speakers also work. If you are using a USB C hub, some of them have an audio out that can do the same as my first workaround. And last, Airpods work. I hope Apple gives us some sound settings soon.

Ultracyclist

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2014
Zwijndrecht, Netherlands
I have a few different hubs, some of them have an aux out in audiojack 3,5…. That could be a solution if your monitor doesn’t support audio. One of my monitors doesn’t have any audio but the iPad then uses its speakers.

Bedfordblue

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2023
LG 40WP95C-W 5K2K, 12.9 M2 iPad Pro.
Have to say I’m disappointed, thought this could transform my WFH set up but the inability to scale the apps on this monitor makes it a waste of (significant) space.
Even with apps like excel which can be scaled ‘in app’ to give more columns and rows, the app itself doesn’t scale so the ribbon remains huuuuge.
Hopefully some one can tell me I’ve set it up wrong or am doing something else wrong otherwise this M2 pro is just a waste of money. :(
5F8FD791-7D75-4C48-86DB-7B2BEC69BB6F.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.