Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ScreenSavers

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2016
Bloomingdale, GA
Bandsintown...

f272d37171ef24c736d260f8a0860b8b.jpg

Reactions: ipedro

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Foursquare and Swarm are 2 major apps just added.

D91A3E3C-ED49-4052-9497-A6EBE24C60FD.jpeg
86039AD9-591D-4A01-A304-31ABA2220BC0.jpeg

Looks like Sign In with Apple is finally starting to heat up. The deadline is in April so I expect most of the bigger names to add support soon. They have the resources so why wait until the last minute? They’ve had 6 months so far to implement it and have only 4 months left.

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
Foursquare and Swarm are 2 major apps just added.

View attachment 886314 View attachment 886315

Looks like Sign In with Apple is finally starting to heat up. The deadline is in April so I expect most of the bigger names to add support soon. They have the resources so why wait until the last minute? They’ve had 6 months so far to implement it and have only 4 months left.

Wow didn’t even think foursquare was a still a thing. Man that brings it back haha I used to be mayor of all my local GameStops as I worked there then and was mayor of hot dog on a stick and four Starbucks haha. Good times.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Wow didn’t even think foursquare was a still a thing. Man that brings it back haha I used to be mayor of all my local GameStops as I worked there then and was mayor of hot dog on a stick and four Starbucks haha. Good times.

Foursquare shot themselves in the foot by splitting the most popular feature of their hugely successful app into Swarm, a brand nobody recognized. And rather than revert back when it didn’t work, they stuck to it. That said, I like the Foursquare app way more than Yelp. Sign In With Apple got me to download the app and get a new account.

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
Foursquare shot themselves in the foot by splitting the most popular feature of their hugely successful app into Swarm, a brand nobody recognized. And rather than revert back when it didn’t work, they stuck to it. That said, I like the Foursquare app way more than Yelp. Sign In With Apple got me to download the app and get a new account.

Cool ok maybe I will check it out again.

kylew1212

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2017
Huntsville, AL
CheapCharts supports this now. You can switch a previous account over to the Apple Sign On and even update your email to the Apple private relay.

EDIT: Updated wiki

uniquexoxo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2018
South East Asia
It’s been a few months since the release of iOS 13 and Sign In with Apple is having a very slow rollout. While some major apps like Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop, Bumble, TikTok and Wordpress have recently added it, most of the top apps have yet to support Apple’s sign in. That might be about to change since all apps in the App Store with Facebook, Google or Twitter logins will have to add Sign In with Apple by April and some major developers are responding to customer requests.

This will be a central database of supported apps. Please update the wiki with apps you find that add Sign In With Apple.

Available
  • 10% Happier
  • Adobe Acrobat mobile
  • Adobe Lightroom
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • Adobe Post
  • Adobe Scan
  • All Trails
  • App in the Air
  • Artupia
  • Bandsintown
  • BestBuy
  • Bikemaps
  • Bird
  • Bumble (Sign In with Apple seems to have been removed in the latest update to the app)
  • CheapCharts
  • Ding
  • Fing
  • Fitbod
  • Flash Score
  • Flightradar24 | Flight Tracker
  • Fretello
  • Foursquare
  • Gas Buddy
  • Giphy
  • GroupMe
  • Hidrate Spark
  • Houzz
  • Kayak
  • Kitchen Stories
  • Lifesum
  • My Timesheets
  • olx
  • Onefootball
  • Parcel
  • Pocket
  • Seven
  • Skyscanner
  • Slopes
  • Swarm
  • SwiftKey Keyboard
  • Tripsy
  • TikTok
  • WordPress
  • Vivino
  • YAZIO
  • Zillow
Confirmed coming soon
  • Dropbox
  • eBay
  • iHeartRadio
  • Poshmark
  • MacRumors
Top Outstanding Apps
Bug them in app reviews, on twitter and by email feature requests
  • Airbnb
  • Calm
  • Doordash
  • Disqus
  • Expedia
  • Etsy
  • McDonald’s
  • OpenTable
  • Pinterest
  • SoundCloud
  • TED
  • Uber
  • Venmo
  • Yelp

Klook now supports Sign In With Apple ID. You can also link it up if you already have an account.
47FD9A77-7F24-4BE6-A7D8-7EBDC9EA528A.jpeg
C8C83270-DC48-4EB1-8C20-B810871EAA48.png

Reactions: ipedro

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
I’ve proudly managed to remove ALL my Sign In With Facebook logins. Zuckerberg can no longer track me around the web.

I look forward to more and more apps and websites enabling Sign In With Apple so that sites I visit become self contained. Besides privacy, it’s also very convenient. One touch logins and no more passwords.

The April deadline is approaching so I think we’ll soon see an avalanche of adoption.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Added:
  • Bikemap
  • Instacart
  • Glassdoor
  • Meditopia
  • Runkeeper

2D03D710-B6D2-4F34-93B3-BCCA4A16B1FC.jpeg

7841B690-FFAD-48AC-A5B6-C0C337D36E58.jpeg

C27DC677-2793-4C6D-AFBC-591E84C29E44.png

67310B96-4921-4B4C-AA9E-C4C808F6902B.png

Glassdoor implemented Sign In With Apple but it’s breaking the rules. Sign In with Apple is supposed to be before any of the other social sign ins.

Last edited:

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Airbnb now supports Sign In With Apple. View attachment 889475

Nice!

It's good to finally move an app from the Top Outstanding Apps list to the Available list.

Some of the major apps are still outstanding:

• Calm
  • Disqus
  • Dropbox
  • eBay
  • Etsy
  • OpenTable
  • Pinterest
  • SoundCloud
  • TED
  • Uber
  • Venmo
  • Yelp
I've been bothering them on Twitter. What are they waiting for?

Last edited:

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Another major addition! Dropbox now supports Sign In with Apple.

IMG_7BE0AA951F4A-1.jpeg

Dropbox was one of those who had confirmed they were working on it. It's now available.

We're now over 50 apps that we've found that use Sign In With Apple. Much better than the half a dozen when I started this thread but developers really need to get on with it. There are 2 months left before it becomes mandatory.

Reactions: kylew1212

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Logging in gives me a new account without access to any of my older articles. Useless to me as an existing user, but I see the benefit to new users.

I haven’t tried with Pocket but in some apps, when I signed in with Apple where my Apple ID email was the same one as my existing email on that account, it converted my account to one signed in with Apple. I was then able to change my email to hidden.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I haven’t tried but in some cases, when I signed in with Apple where my Apple ID email was the same one my existing email on that account, it converted my account to one signed in with Apple. I was then able to change my email to hidden.

That was the case with Dropbox. Doesn’t seem to be so with pocket, unless there’s a setting or toggle I missed.

yass31

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2017
FR
That was the case with Dropbox. Doesn’t seem to be so with pocket, unless there’s a setting or toggle I missed.
I am looking for that in some apps but it seems that not all of them support converting the account to Sign in with Apple

kylew1212

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2017
Huntsville, AL
I see no option with BestBuy, to Sign In with Apple.

I'm not seeing it either. Maybe they initially added it and pulled it for testing?
Either way, I really would like Best Buy to support this.
[automerge]1579528770[/automerge]
I am looking for that in some apps but it seems that not all of them support converting the account to Sign in with Apple
The best I have seen is Cheap Charts, but unfortunately most do not work. Cheap Charts allowed me to completely switch my email and login.
A worse example is Movies Anywhere, they allow Sign In with Apple but do not allow for email changes, which defeats part of the purpose.. And they still allow username/password login even after setting up Sign In With Apple.

uniquexoxo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2018
South East Asia
Nice!

It's good to finally move an app from the Top Outstanding Apps list to the Available list.

Some of the major apps are still outstanding:

• Calm
  • Disqus
  • Dropbox
  • eBay
  • Etsy
  • OpenTable
  • Pinterest
  • SoundCloud
  • TED
  • Uber
  • Venmo
  • Yelp
I've been bothering them on Twitter. What are they waiting for?
The only downside is you can’t link your existing AirBnB account yet

kylew1212

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2017
Huntsville, AL
Looks like it’s been removed. I had confirmed it when adding it to the list. I’ll remove it from the list. Bumble also hasn’t returned the function after initially having it.
Hopefully it will return soon.
Sign on with Apple can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.