Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I have a case on my so only the bottom portion is exposed. Given the material being used for the band around the phone, I expect the stainless steal to get marked up in some fashion.

Where na u?

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2017
Do you put a case/cover on your car?

I’ve never really understood the fascination with covering your Mobile in more glass and plastic. It ruins the aesthetics and the usability.

I often wonder if people put this much thought, time and dedication into other aspects of life, where we all might be and how much better life could be.

Crazy
No i never put a case in my car,
Coz I never drop my car out of my pocket..

Reactions: Trin813

Tgrey

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2013
Those polished ss scratched super easily, a lot of scratches just come from no where, even you buy $50k watch, you will see scratches after few days, and wondering if your shirt scratched it, it's normal.

bnekic

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Problem solved,

387c311629c69382c38267189e090200.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001...+polishing&dpPl=1&dpID=51UmqdvA0GL&ref=plSrch

bnekic

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I would never use this as it can and will drive dust and debris deeper inside the phone.

I used it the whole time I had my 7 Plus with no problem. It’s not an air compressor so highly unlikely to damage the phone. Anyway it’s works great to get water out of the lightning port and grills.

Reactions: Trin813

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
It’s a pretty strong stream of air, it gets liquid out of all the holes. I use it after I wash my phone under the sink.

Mostly, it just blows stuff INTO the phone.
[doublepost=1513716970][/doublepost]
I used it the whole time I had my 7 Plus with no problem. It’s not an air compressor so highly unlikely to damage the phone. Anyway it’s works great to get water out of the lightning port and grills.

Sure, the air's not going to damage the phone (we assume), but what about the crap you're blowing into it? CCC has solvents that you're blowing into the phone. Do you know how they might affect the phone?
[doublepost=1513717010][/doublepost]
You should probably refrain from that as Apple specifically advises against using compressed air for cleaning due to the chances of it breaching the waterproofing in their devices.

And that is another excellent reason not to attack your phone with a compressed air source. :thumbup:

bnekic

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Mostly, it just blows stuff INTO the phone.
[doublepost=1513716970][/doublepost]

Sure, the air's not going to damage the phone (we assume), but what about the crap you're blowing into it? CCC has solvents that you're blowing into the phone. Do you know how they might affect the phone?
[doublepost=1513717010][/doublepost]

And that is another excellent reason not to attack your phone with a compressed air source. :thumbup:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Which causes a whole new problem. "How do I get the polish from the Cape Cod Cloth out of the speaker and microphone holes in my iPhone X?".

It's not a problem if you're very liberal using the polishing cloth and taking your time. You lightly go around in circles with one of the edges of the cloth and you should have no problem getting any type residue in the ports from cloth. It's Not like the polishing cloths are completely saturated as well, they are lightly dampened with the polishing solution.

Reactions: bnekic

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden

Just to reiterate, too, if you use the CCC, be really careful about not pressing too hard and generally being careful about where the liquid in the cloth gets. I don't know what the original solvent used in the CCCs is, but they recommend refreshing them with mineral spirits. I wouldn't want mineral spirits, even in small quantities, in or near the seals in my phone.
[doublepost=1513717555][/doublepost]
It's not a problem if you're very liberal using the polishing cloth and taking your time. You lightly go around in circles with one of the edges of the cloth and you should have no problem getting any type residue in the ports from cloth. It's Not like the polishing cloths are completely saturated as well, they are lightly dampened with the polishing solution.

RP is basically saying the same thing I'm trying to say. Go lightly, go slowly, be careful.

bnekic

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Just to reiterate, too, if you use the CCC, be really careful about not pressing too hard and generally being careful about where the liquid in the cloth gets. I don't know what the original solvent used in the CCCs is, but they recommend refreshing them with mineral spirits. I wouldn't want mineral spirits, even in small quantities, in or near the seals in my phone.
[doublepost=1513717555][/doublepost]

RP is basically saying the same thing I'm trying to say. Go lightly, go slowly, be careful.

Thanks for the heads up. I take good care of my electronics and am careful while cleaning or repairing. I’ve taken apart PS4’s to reapply thermal paste to the cpu, I can handle wiping down an iPhone with cape cod wipes

Reactions: newellj

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Thanks for the heads up. I take good care of my electronics and am careful while cleaning or repairing. I’ve taken apart PS4’s to reapply thermal paste to the cpu, I can handle wiping down an iPhone with cape cod wipes

Ahh. Sounds like you are good to go.

Reactions: bnekic

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

I used it long ago to clean out my DSLR until is forced dust into places that a consumer could not remove.

Everyone has choices.

lukeholl

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2007
UK
Got a few on the top of my X after only a few weeks. Haven’t knocked it anywhere so I’m guessing they’ve occurred in my pocket.

If I could remember causing them it would annoy me, but I can’t so it’s just one of those things. I can only see them if I go inspecting the band.

If you don’t go looking for imperfections, you won’t find any :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.