Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scarrab666

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2009
Sydney
Hi All,

I've got an old HP printer/scanner combo... Consumables are expensive, but otherwise it serves its purpose, well almost...

The problem is the document scanner on it only does single sided scanning. My question is this:

Is there an app that allows you to combine multi-page scans into one document?

For example can I scan one side of a stack of double sided documents, then scan the reverse side, is there an app combine them into one document (and keep their scan order)?

Hope someone else has this idiosyncratic first world problem (I don't want to buy another scanner/printer).

Efrem

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2009
If your scanner produces PDFs, Adobe Acrobat has a "combine files into PDF" function. If they're not in the order you want, you can rearrange them by dragging their thumbnails in the sidebar.

scarrab666

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2009
Sydney
If your scanner produces PDFs, Adobe Acrobat has a "combine files into PDF" function. If they're not in the order you want, you can rearrange them by dragging their thumbnails in the sidebar.
Thanking you Efrem, this is helpful, though I should have stressed that I want it as 'automated' as possible, I'd likely make mistakes if I were to drag the pages around manually ;-)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.