Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
Yep, activates quite a bit for me, particularly when I use the word 'seriously'. I leave it on for the amusement factor to see what crazy things Siri thinks I am asking.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
It is a useful feature but what lets it down is the random activation from other sound sources like the TV. I had the same problem on both my iPhone and iPad and had to deactivate it on both.

devinthomas

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2013
I watch a lot of news and Syria is brought up a lot, so Siri gets called on a lot by accident. I love Hey Siri, so I won't turn it off. It's not that big of a deal. Yet.

stugotsII

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2014
I am having the same issue, however it starts up when I plug in my phone and when I put on sirius radio (in my car) on the way to work.

I have "hey siri" turned off, and it still sometimes activates without provocation...

Any thoughts?

dgomes003

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2017
This happend today for the first time with me. Does the iPhone do this to get attention XD !? it May be a funny feature they added. Im on 10.3 beta 7 with the iPhone 7. And I have "Hey Siri" enabled. But siri turned on without me doing anything(i was on my desk, and my phone on the bed) and it thinks I seed "Hi Siri". So this means it wasnt the hey siri thing

Xxibrm

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2017
Does anyone have the same problem?

Randomly when my iPhone 6 is on charge Siri activates saying I do not understand the question?
I have only really noticed it while I bed when my phone is charging. It could have been on charge for 10 mins or a few hours and only happens every now and again.
Worse is when I'm asleep and you here it,making me suddenly wake up!
Bruhhh it's happened to me like a min ago. My iPad was charger. Then Siri active and idk wat ur talking about

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.