Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seezar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2018
At times, I wish Siri could do more. And during that split second, I remember that Apple is guarding my safety as best they can. I rather be more secure than be like Google or Amazon.

This assumes that all Siri shortcomings are limitations due to privacy (I don't think they all are). Why not expect more out of a company as large as Apple? I do agree that privacy should be a priority.

Bella8207

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2022
This assumes that all Siri shortcomings are limitations due to privacy (I don't think they all are). Why not expect more out of a company as large as Apple? I do agree that privacy should be a priority.
Also, Apple has always made privacy a priority and Siri used to be fairly decent. She could at the very least dictate fairly accurately, perform simple tasks, and provide light hands free assistance while driving. But I am CONVINCED that for close to two years now (at least for me) she’s slowly been getting dumber, and today is essentially just taking unnecessary space on all my devices. What is the point of integrating AI into your platform if your not going to develop it in a way that doesn’t render it useless? I just don’t understand

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.