Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jazzy Hobbs

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2010
I can only speak for myself here, but I am truly grateful for the way you have taken time as a small business start up to include us customers in the ongoing process that this stand has been going under. Any business that is this worried/caring about their customer base deserves to become a sucsess.

Thank you Jim, we are trying to build a trustworthy brand, because we have a lot more ideas floating around that we would love to make reality.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
sounds like a good product, I will wait till they work out all the bugs before ordering. But I think I like this one more than the other aluminum one I bought that looks kinda like a spider and is not portable at all, forgot name and I never use it. And this one has a lot more functionality than the Belkin for sure!

itzcoolz

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2010
i changed the title. i really hope this doesn't negatively affect sales. i'll post a review with pics up hopefully by tomorrow (Saturday). i appreciate your communication!

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
This is the best stand ive ever seen so far. The unlimited angle choices is a winner and you can charged the device as well.

Jazzy Hobbs

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2010
Thank you

I didn't want to ask you to change your thread because we don't want to censor anyone expressing their opinions, but my heart did sink a little when I did my weekly "Skadoosh Stand" google search and saw our name after the word scammed. I hope you're enjoying the stand and I look forward to reading your review as well. As you know, we're always looking for ways to improve.

felt.

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Canada
any chance to offer different colors in the future? I would be all over a black one..right now my fully adjustable (from 0 to 90 degrees) wooden tabletop easel from walmart for 9$ is doing pretty good :D

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I didn't want to ask you to change your thread because we don't want to censor anyone expressing their opinions, but my heart did sink a little when I did my weekly "Skadoosh Stand" google search and saw our name after the word scammed. I hope you're enjoying the stand and I look forward to reading your review as well. As you know, we're always looking for ways to improve.

Google is a powerful thing haha

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
any chance to offer different colors in the future? I would be all over a black one..right now my fully adjustable (from 0 to 90 degrees) wooden tabletop easel from walmart for 9$ is doing pretty good :D

Hahah the torture device?

That thing is pretty hideous in my opinion...but I bet it does one helluva job.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
No legitimate company charges tour credit card until the product ships. Contact the company for information. I would also call my credit card company and dispute the charge.

Vaja does this. Annoying, but most of us know about it upfront and then it becomes our choice to order or not. Still annoying, however!

Jazzy Hobbs

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2010

Yes, we will be offering color options in the future. We tested a black and a charcoal grey before we began sales, but opted to hold off on adding that complication to the mix until we got our stock up and our order/shipping process down. Once we have plenty of stands in stock we will probably begin offering at least a black option, if not the full spectrum of "Apple" colors.

Ingram

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2010
Very nice review. Thanks. :)

I'm interested in this stand, but I expected the yoobao case to not fit, and you confirmed it. I'm not quite sure if I wanted to take the iPad out every time I want to use the stand. The stand is still not out of the question, but can't justify ordering one yet.

Phil Lee

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2008
Manchester, UK
I ordered my Skadoosh on 3rd June and received a shipping email yesterday. It looks like it will take 3 to 4 days to fly the Atlantic. I'll report back when it arrives.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
I ordered my Skadoosh on 3rd June and received a shipping email yesterday. It looks like it will take 3 to 4 days to fly the Atlantic. I'll report back when it arrives.

Did you receive your order? Just wondering how long it was between receiving the shipping email and delivery in the UK?

miamijim

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2010
Mine was shipped from the US on the 10th July, and I am still waiting for it to be delivered at my UK address.

Tracking says it is still in transit.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
I received the shipping email last week, and no further tracking information seems to be available other than the package has left Oregon (if I remember correctly).

Phil Lee

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2008
Manchester, UK
I picked mine up from my local sorting office today. I had £14.81 in fees to pay consisting of £6.81 in VAT and an £8 Royal Mail handling charge.

The Skadoosh is great, so much so that I've taken my iPad out of my Dodocase and put it in the stand. It's perfect for using my iPad at the office. I mainly use ToDo at work for organising my working day and the Skadoosh is the perfect way to hold my iPad. It's stable and easy to adjust.

the only quibble I'd have is over the lack of documentation. It isn't clear which position to put the crossbar in for different case configurations. You have to watch a video to find this out. A few simple instructions with photos on the webpage wouldn't go amiss.

Jazzy Hobbs

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2010
Perhaps "Jazzy" might consider emailing out instructions in a pdf?

We are working on a printed instruction sheet to ship with the stands. Once we have it finalized I will post it on the site. Thank you for the suggestion. I will try to have that available within the week.

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
I received mine last week. Beautiful product. It is my intension to mainly use it when traveling so I've only used it a few times, but it's very nice. Well made and sell designed.

Steve

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.