Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phil Lee

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2008
Manchester, UK
I got mine at the introductory price and use it all day, every day at work. I don't think I would have paid another $40 for it though.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
What are the actual dimensions of this stand with the arm extended?
There are no specs stated on their site that I can find. I just found the weight but no dimensions. You would think they way state that.
Anyone know?
Thanks.

Phil Lee

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2008
Manchester, UK
What are the actual dimensions of this stand with the arm extended?
There are no specs stated on their site that I can find. I just found the weight but no dimensions. You would think they way state that.
Anyone know?
Thanks.

I got my ruler out and took some measurements for you. The footprint is 76mm wide by 192mm deep with the leg extended and 119mm with the leg folded in. When folded shut, the maximum height is 36mm.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I got my ruler out and took some measurements for you. The footprint is 76mm wide by 192mm deep with the leg extended and 119mm with the leg folded in. When folded shut, the maximum height is 36mm.

WOW! That was fast! THANKS!

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I got mine at the introductory price and use it all day, every day at work. I don't think I would have paid another $40 for it though.

I think I agree with that - although I understand the price hike. This thing is quality. Well designed, sturdy, adjustable, and everything you would want in a stand.

Shannighan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I understand that they have to make up for r&d costs and that usually means higher starting price; I also understand that they haven't mass produced it to an extent to warrent a low price. But when the compass stand (which is the one I'm now going to buy) is made out of the same materials and is only $40, you have to think about it this way: is angle adjustability worth the extra $60?

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I understand that they have to make up for r&d costs and that usually means higher starting price; I also understand that they haven't mass produced it to an extent to warrent a low price. But when the compass stand (which is the one I'm now going to buy) is made out of the same materials and is only $40, you have to think about it this way: is angle adjustability worth the extra $60?

I think it's worth an extra $40 (prolly not $60) but if it is something I am going to keep for a while I would want the best with no thoughts about what ifs.

I personally LOVE the angles and stability. I googled the compass stand - to me - that looks overpriced for $40 but that is just my opinion.

Shannighan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
Buffalo, NY
All stands are over priced, but the compass is the cheapest with the exception of that one plastic one. I would pay $60 for the skadoosh; they need together it in the apple stores

theprophe

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
I was already to order after reading the comments, but after finding the price hike to 100, no thanks, i will wait for the cheap chinese copies, or until they drop their price

Shannighan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Instead of buying the compass stand, I went to Michaels and bought a $4 photo frame stand and it works like a charm. I'll wait for the price to go back down.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Definitely a lot to spend, but this is the best accessory I have for my iPad. Unfortunately no other stand will live up to it. Hope the price goes down to at most $69 or something.

miamijim

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2010
MY Skadoosh finally arrived......

It is great it fits in perfectly with my iMac and looks great on my desk.

I have attached an image.

All I can say is this for me is the only stand that was worth getting it is ergonomic and unassuming.

The Jadu logo could so easily have been placed on the front of the stand giving the company prominence over the device, but this is not the case the name of the company is on the back of the device thereby not detracting from the fact that the device is a cradle for the iPad and not something that needs to shout out it's own name above the function of the device. (I know what I mean). :)

In all yes it is rather pricey but well worth the money, as I know there are some people out there how have spent more on their iPad bag than on their actual iPad.

Jim

Attachments

• 05082010669.jpg
    05082010669.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 106

Luke Redpath

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2007
Colchester, UK
Yes, but most knew about it. Just not how much. The 'introductory' price of $57 was reasonable, but what it's at now seems high.

I will say that it's one of, if not, the best stands out there.

$100 certainly seems a bit steep and makes me think twice. It looks like an excellent product, and I'm happy to pay a premium for a great product, but if it was $60 I would have bought it in an instant. I'm still not sure.

PacMookBro

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2007
Got the Black Skadoosh for $75 including shipping. It is well made aluminum just like Griffin A-Frame and goes well with my iPad. Unlike the Griffin's it is highly adjustable from typing position to vertical. Surprisingly it can sit, with help of the extendable base, on my lap covered with blanket for bedtime reading. Money well spent. One of the best iPad accessories out there! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.