Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

induwarajayalath

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2022
This helped me!
1. Log in with an account that has admin privileges

2. Open Terminal and run the following command:

1sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.PowerManagement SystemPowerSettings -dict SleepDisabled -bool NO
3. Restart the Mac (this is necessary to apply the change.)

After the restart, you should see that the Sleep command is available again in the Apple menu.
Worked well. Thank you.

Szubex

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2022
This helped me!

1sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.PowerManagement SystemPowerSettings -dict SleepDisabled -bool NO

After the restart, you should see that the Sleep command is available again in the Apple menu.
I owe you a beer! Thank's mate!

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
16' MBP - I noticed my laptop wasn't sleeping for some reason (losing 10%+ every night and keeping external monitors on when I'd log out) and sleep was disabled in the menu. pmset -g shows that it was disabled system wide - I don't know by what!

The sudo command in Srini's post helped (after a reboot).

Thank you.

ggwwzz11

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2015
This helped me!

Works, thanks a lot😘

Reactions: Zmmyt

lime123

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2023
This helped me!

Worked smoothly! Thank you so much bro! I had been having this problem for a very long time now and couldn't find any ways to fix it online, until I came across your solution. Super happy that it works now. 😄

Reactions: Zmmyt
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.