Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Anybody watching (watched) this one? Episode 1 was pretty slow after the first several minutes... managed to get through all of episode 1... will watch episode 2 and see if it picked up at all... so far, it's Bad News Bears, MI5 Edition...

F23

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
I finished it, action picks up at the end. pretty good set up for second season

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Anybody watching (watched) this one? Episode 1 was pretty slow after the first several minutes... managed to get through all of episode 1... will watch episode 2 and see if it picked up at all... so far, it's Bad News Bears, MI5 Edition...

Keep watching. It does pick up.

But it is a British spy drama, so you do have to have a taste for it.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I have a problem understanding the British accent so I had to let this one go.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Based on the preview of the upcoming season, it looks like it'll be releasing soon?

Don't see anything upcoming soon in my tracker app... and the first season just ended, and the final episode was released April 28, so it seems very early to expect another season already.

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
Don't see anything upcoming soon in my tracker app... and the first season just ended, and the final episode was released April 28, so it seems very early to expect another season already.
Season 2 was already confirmed and filmed. I think it's just up to when the show will release. Hopefully by the end of the year. I enjoy these British drama shows.

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
Love it! It was hilarious and filled with action. (coming from a guy who was ingrained with British tv's movies, etc)
Loved it too. (I'm a fan both of British dramas and Gary Oldman.)

And I seem to be hearing the Proclaimers "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" everywhere now. ;)
That was the best episode of the season.

Reactions: MarineBand5524

Mercifull

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
Season 2 launches December 2.
Without Sid... it'll be interesting to see if there's much mention of her. Will she return in S3? I don't know the books but there's surely something more to be told with her story.

sevoneone

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2010
I watched Season One over a few nights last week. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I agree, things slow down a little following the first episode, but once you get passed that it is all very solid. Gary Oldman is absolutely amazing as always. Going to start Season 2 this week.

sevoneone

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2010
I enjoyed the finale. Season 2 was definitely a slower burn and felt like it was lacking a lot of character development except for the first and last two episodes of the season. Season 3 looks a like it will be doing some more character driven stories, including Standish. After this season I am for sure more curious about her full backstory.

Reactions: bladerunner88
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.