Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
I enjoyed better this new season than the previous one, the plot is very classic, though. Let’s see how it thickens.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Great season 3, it’s one of the rare good shows on Apple TV+. I enjoyed this week’s episode a lot.
What are your thoughts about the rest of the characters from Slough House? I get that they are there because they aren't exactly your cream of the crop, but they seem to be an even greater mess than last season that I can't help but think that this is truly where they belong.

I get that their quirks and idiosyncrasies are part of what makes the group dynamics work, but I was assuming that by now, they would have more or less come together and start working better together as a team. But no, they remain as self-absorbed and incompetent as ever, and if it wasn't for Gary Oldman's character holding everything together, I doubt they could even get a single report filed between them.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Actually, after reading your comment, it feels that the crew is just here to support Lamb. He sees everything 2 or 3 steps ahead, which is kind of annoying. Each member is stuck in their path and they just follow (with messing up) Lamb. It would be nice to have a strong empowering character that can do good repartee and go in conflict with Lamb.

Also the good point is that we have only 6 episodes and the cliffhanger of this week is promising for the next episode. Unless it would deflate.

Kwozzii

macrumors member
May 24, 2010
Just watched the last episode - great stuff, Gary Oldman is fantastic. Roll on the next round.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
I really liked this season. Some inconsistency (number of bullet shots) during the gun fight but overall very nice season. It’s short, to the point and no useless family drama.

I’ll be there for season 4, hope it’s coming soon.

Melbourne Park

macrumors 6502a
It's very LeCarre like, although the pace has increased, which I do not like. I prefer it more like a LeCarre book, where it takes half the book before things start to occur to the reader about what might be going on ... and then later, one finds there are several possibilities, and then eventually things start to become clear.

It's not easy to do that in a series! And keep things reasonable - unlike many series where suddenly everything turns upside down because the writers had run out of ideas and thought - Lets Reverse Things completely here and allow another full series of episodes.

Oldman is a genius but is always dependent on good writers. Hope they keep it up. Hope the bit actors don't take over the show.

Great photography too.

Reactions: madeirabhoy

frazzm737

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2007
Arvada, Colorado
I have read all the books in the Slough House series by Mick Herron and have really enjoyed the first three seasons on the tube. When the next season comes in the fall,I will need to subscribe to Apple TV+ as I am now getting it free for 3 months after purchasing an iMac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.