Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BradWould

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
i was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue or if anyone has a solution. First of all its not a show stopper of a problem but it is mildly annoying.

I set up the Siri remote to control the volume on my Yamaha receiver and it works. But in certain apps it also causes the info menu to slide down from the top and cycle through any options in that menu (subtitles etc. ). I noticed it first in Infuse and almost sent them some feedback until I noticed it also happens in Netflix. Like I said it still adjusts the volume while the menu is "pulled down" so it's not a huge deal but I find it odd that dedicated volume buttons are causing interaction with the menus.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I can't say I've run into this issue. The volume buttons don't activate any in app menus on my setup.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
How did you get it to work with your Yamaha receiver? I have a Yamaha receiver and the Apple remote won't correctly learn the up/down volume commands from my Yamaha remote. The learning process proceeds without error, but the volume doesn't actually change. During 3-4 learning attempts I got the "up" volume button to work once, but not the "down".

BradWould

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
How did you get it to work with your Yamaha receiver? I have a Yamaha receiver and the Apple remote won't correctly learn the up/down volume commands from my Yamaha remote. The learning process proceeds without error, but the volume doesn't actually change. During 3-4 learning attempts I got the "up" volume button to work once, but not the "down".

I'm not sure.
I have a Yamaha HTR 5063 and the Siri remote learned the up and down volume on the first try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.