Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
JB front today.jpg JB today.jpg

Old thread I know, but posting mine (pardon the iPP 2 photos.) Holding up quite nicely for 7 months and several drops (thankfully no damage.)

I really enjoy the color and would happily buy another JB device.

Attachments

• JB front today.jpg
    JB front today.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 201

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Put it this way, when giving back my jet black 7 Plus to apple and getting the new X (IUP) the apple employee said its the best condition jet black phone he had seen all day - my appointment was one of the last of the day.

I used it naked for roughly the last 5 months of its life.
That's what apple employee told me as well when I traded my 7 Plus Jet black for the iPhone 8 plus. It had zero scratches. Perfect condition.

Reactions: apwtwenty

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
Mine had very very fine micro-scratches that you needed direct light to see. Nothing major thankfully but it only came out of the case for special occasions.

Arad147

macrumors member
May 29, 2015
That's what apple employee told me as well when I traded my 7 Plus Jet black for the iPhone 8 plus. It had zero scratches. Perfect condition.

So question on this (thinking about my X) with regards to the IUP. I also had a Jet Black 7 Plus that was protected in a case and screen protector from day one. It was in a pristine condition when I traded it in via the IUP program for the X. Would I have been OK just using it w/o a case or screen protector for the entire year and still be able to trade it in under regular wear and tear?

Thinking about not using a case or screen protector this time. Hence the question. :) I’m good about not dropping (knock on wood).

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
My wife's looks pretty mint, it's been in a Spigen Hybrid case from day one (also a Tech Armor screen protector), I take it off on occasion to clean it - in fact, just this weekend - and it was still shiney and [at least to my eyes] scratch free.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
So question on this (thinking about my X) with regards to the IUP. I also had a Jet Black 7 Plus that was protected in a case and screen protector from day one. It was in a pristine condition when I traded it in via the IUP program for the X. Would I have been OK just using it w/o a case or screen protector for the entire year and still be able to trade it in under regular wear and tear?

Thinking about not using a case or screen protector this time. Hence the question. :) I’m good about not dropping (knock on wood).

Yep.

As I was going through the iup process with the employee I saw the questions on his HHT, they were basically ‘is the phone in good condition’ and ‘do the buttons work’ ‘no screen damage’

Normal wear and tear you will be fine. The issues start to arise when the phone obviously needs a repair, e.g screen replacement etc etc

fayraree

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2017
Damn, I just started a thread about feeling buyer's remorse with the X because I really like the look of my 7+ JB. Just removed the case for the first time since buying the phone a year ago, and I'm falling in love with it all over again! Replaced the screen twice under Apple Care; my Spigen JB case couldn't prevent protruding rocks on the ground from direct hits on the screen, lol.

Removed the case for the last 2 days because I'm getting ready to return the 7+ as part of IUP and now and the phone is spotless, so now I'm seeing its true beauty and almost thinking of keeping it and making both payments, lol.

vtech02

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2017
I don't even have a case on my white 3GS anymore. I use it in my car as an XM radio using the XM Skydock app. I downgraded to 4.1 because that was the OS version that was out when the app was released. I had 6.1.3 on the phone but the app kept crashing. It was jailbroken also at the time.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm having a heck of a time finding that xm skydock app. can you possibly pull it from your itunes backup and share the .ipa file so I can get my dock working? Would greatly appreciate it. I wasn't able to find where to message you directly. So again, Sorry for jumping in on this thread. Thanks!

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
Just removed the case from my jet black iPhone. The plastic antenna area has visible scratches that the shiny part doesn’t. Strange.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Just removed the case from my jet black iPhone. The plastic antenna area has visible scratches that the shiny part doesn’t. Strange.
Mine has a few weird... Hmm what to call them? Like indentations? Pock marks? In the shiny area. A few micro scratches and one big blemish by the charging port that appears like it flaked off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.