Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I love my Xoom. Many laugh at it but it's I use it 100x more then my ipad2. Just really versatile. USB hosting has become essential to me, works great with game controllers, keyboards, mouse, etc it will even charge my iphone several times over. LTE (I know the new iPad had LTE but I don't have a new iPad) was just as important at the time too since I use it has a hotspot all day.

Currently Android tablets are destroyed by the iPad though all though I'm not positive why. I may pick up a new iPad once I see ios6 in person.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
What's also nutty is that the iPhone 4 (not 4S) is still $549 factory unlocked from Apple. Quite a premium for a nearly 2 year old device.

I do wonder how much it'll drop after the next gen iPhone. Would it be $375 like the 3GS is?

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
What did I just see? :confused:

The iPhone seems horribly HORRIBLY overpriced compared to the Galaxy Nexus.

iPhone 4S = $650
iPad = $500

Galaxy Nexus (GSM) = $350
Nexus Tablet = $199

Google makes Apple seem really greedy and price gouging customers too much.

Also don't forget that the Galaxy Nexus is unlocked and works with both AT&T and T-mobiles 3G bands to let customers choose the best deal (unlike Apple that locks you to one carrier)

Anyone gonna get more for your $ an go with the Galaxy Nexus + Nexus Tablet combo for $100 less than an iPhone?

Why are you confused? Inferior copycat products SHOULD be cheaper than premium offerings from Apple.

There's a market for tier two offerings and Samsung is targeting it. Apple isn't.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I'm confused too. Apple has such a high profit margin because that's what people are willing to pay. Regardless of how good or bad a product is if consumer is willing to pay a 40% profit margin then it would be dumb for apple not to charge it. Apple isn't in business to do people favors they are in business to make money. Can't be mad at them it's not like anyone NEEDS an iPhone.

It's up to the consumer to do research and decide if they are willing to pay that much.

aznsmith

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2009
Apple products are nice due to the quality of customer service. The app and accessory ecosystem is a bit of a preference but I believe Apple has the upperhand due to the continuing sale of past gen products. Material build is usually higher for current gen Apple products than other companies. Software support is typically longer with Apple (example: 3gs is getting ios 6), however, the nexus product line provides good software support as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.