Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
LOL du overreagere. Det er ingenting. Jeg kan stadig ikke få øje på det. Er det de to små huller hvor latchen skal sidde eller hvad? Jeg tror ikke du får nogle til at ordne det gratis, hverken humac eller Apple, men det er selvfølgelig surt hvis du lægger meget mærke til det.

(Jeg fik 13 i en dansk stil sidste uge:D ).

thebeephaha

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
Seattle WA
It happens, most MBP's have some slight distortion of the case somewhere. I've never seen one that doesn't. Even powerbooks did that to a degree.

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
Josias said:
LOL du overreagere. Det er ingenting. Jeg kan stadig ikke få øje på det. Er det de to små huller hvor latchen skal sidde eller hvad? Jeg tror ikke du får nogle til at ordne det gratis, hverken humac eller Apple, men det er selvfølgelig surt hvis du lægger meget mærke til det.

(Jeg fik 13 i en dansk stil sidste uge:D ).
Det er på fronten hvor vågelyset sidder, og i venstre og højre side igen på fronten. For mig er det sgu for dårligt. Betaler 15.000 for en bærbar som efter en reperation pludselig ikke lever op til de 15.000 som jeg gav for den.
Det er bare ikke ok. Humac suger røv!!!!

Tillykke med 13-tallet ;)

Sorry for the danish guys, won't happen again. Right Josias? :D

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
Temujin said:
Det er på fronten hvor vågelyset sidder, og i venstre og højre side igen på fronten. For mig er det sgu for dårligt. Betaler 15.000 for en bærbar som efter en reperation pludselig ikke lever op til de 15.000 som jeg gav for den.
Det er bare ikke ok. Humac suger røv!!!!

Tillykke med 13-tallet ;)

Sorry for the danish guys, won't happen again. Right Josias? :D

Awww, but it's fun!:p

I see it now when you pointed it out. I still think you're too picky. BTW, where do you get an MBP for 15.000 kr.?:eek: Is that excluding VAT?

Awww, det er så sjovt!

Jeg kan se det nu hvor du har peget det ud. Jeg synes stadig du overreagerer. Forresten, hvor får man an MacBook Pro til 15.000,-?:eek: Er det uden moms?

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
Josias said:
Awww, but it's fun!:p

I see it now when you pointed it out. I still think you're too picky. BTW, where do you get an MBP for 15.000 kr.?:eek: Is that excluding VAT?

Awww, det er så sjovt!

Jeg kan se det nu hvor du har peget det ud. Jeg synes stadig du overreagerer. Forresten, hvor får man an MacBook Pro til 15.000,-?:eek: Er det uden moms?
With the educational discount it came to a total of around 15.000 kr. including VAT.

lewion

macrumors regular
May 31, 2006
Sydney
Temujin said:
Keep in mind guys, when I got the MBP is was in perfect condition. No warping at all. Too me the value of my MBP has devaluated.
One of the main reasons why I chose an Apple laptop over say an Acer or ASUS laptop was because they are perfectly designed.

But I guess it all comes down to what your focus are. Some choose Apple because of the OS some because of the hype, and some like me focus on design.

Os and Design for me lol thats why i go for macbook white :)

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
You have to understand there are a million threads just like this one. And they all come to no conclusion at all.
It is your computer so you deal with it. You obviously are really bothered by it so send it back. Why ask us?

I mean, if you need to figure out why your printer isn't working, please inquire, but the number of threads complaining about subjective things like the case warping has become very tiresome.

skillz1318

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2006
my mbp case isn't flawed in anyway...i would not spend over $2,000 and except anything less than perfection....maybe $2,000 is just more to me cause i dont have as much money as other users but i would be at the apple store complaining the day i received it and it looked like that...if i was really rich maybe i wouldn't care as much but $2000 took me a long to time save up

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
GimmeSlack12 said:
You have to understand there are a million threads just like this one. And they all come to no conclusion at all.
It is your computer so you deal with it. You obviously are really bothered by it so send it back. Why ask us?

I mean, if you need to figure out why your printer isn't working, please inquire, but the number of threads complaining about subjective things like the case warping has become very tiresome.

I agree.

You (Temujin) asked us if you were just being too anal about it. Many people said you were. You disagreed. So, there you go. You answered your own question.

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
I don't notice any warping whatsoever...

For your case, you can send it back. To me, it seems perfect (or maybe a hair off? maybe I'm imaging it) but if it really bothers you that much, just give it a try.

But I personally wouldn't send it back, for all the trouble in fixing such a tiny problem. As for those of you saying that you should have a perfect machine for the amount you pay for a MBP... you don't. If Apple created every MBP to be flawless - no moos, no whines, no overheating, no warping, no dead/stuck pixels, absolutely no problem imaginable - then get ready to pony $5000 for your machine. Apple gets by because some people don't care about a single dead pixel, a tiny amount of warping, or a dead pixel in the corner.

Just some people (like the OP) are more 'attuned' to certain defects, and what seems like splitting hairs to me might be a dealbreaker for him.

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
GimmeSlack12 said:

Again if you find the thread tiresome then don't waste your time answering.
A search would be of no help to me, hence the threads found in the search would be non-specific to my problem. Warping differs from computer to computer.
I have come to a conclusion, several actually, one of which tells me that I'm not alone in thinking that the warping is not ok.

CoMpX said:
You (Temujin) asked us if you were just being too anal about it. Many people said you were. You disagreed. So, there you go. You answered your own question.
Try to look beyond the fact that I started this thread out asking if I were splitting hairs. It was meant as an introduction and not as the main purpose why I started this thread.

To sum up: Please quit this ongoing attempt to prove me wrong. I really don't care if you think I'm being too anal. All I care about is getting the warping fixed.

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
CoMpX said:
Then take it in to be repaired. I don't know what you want from us.
Advice and answers to my questions.

Temujin said:
So the warping occurs when the problem areas lack adhesive?

When checking ifixit.com I found that the entire bottom part of the casing is one big piece of aluminum. So I really don't think the adhesive will do any good. The aluminum will have to be bend back in shape to remove any sign of warping. Am I wrong here?

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
It's apparent that there is no adhesive in this area, or a frame to glue it to. If you remove the tip case, you could bend the aluminum inward to try to fix the warping.

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
CoMpX said:
It's apparent that there is no adhesive in this area, or a frame to glue it to. If you remove the tip case, you could bend the aluminum inward to try to fix the warping.
Thanks. Might pick up a 160 GB hard drive whilst I'm all ready in there.

JMies419

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2006
I dont think you are being too picky at all. You paid good money for that notebook, over 2 grand is not chump change to me and i'm sure its not to most people who post on this forum. If it were mine I would want it to be in perfect condition as well. Even the SLIGHTEST warping is unexptable in my opinion. The only reason I would not feel bad for you if it was YOU who caused the problem and in this case it is not. Call them , take it in, whatever you have to do. No product should be warped and no one should feel okay with it, no matter what the warping condition it may be in. :eek:

skipsandwichdx

macrumors regular
May 23, 2006
I'd expect a $2000 computer to be pretty close to perfect, but you guys are splitting hairs.

Also, to OP, don't make a thread asking for advice then bash opinions that differ with yours..

GhostFace

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2005
I had the same problem with my MBP. It was warping around the open latch. I sent it back twice. I got it back the last time happy. So if you dont like it send it back until you are happy. Just my 2 cents.

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
It's a common issue, mine had that. It will not get any better and it will not get any worse.

sierra oscar

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2006
South Australia, Australia
take it back

like others have said, there are a few responders here who seem to think it's a non-event - but it would be a different story maybe if this was their machine.

more pertinently - why are we settling for poor quality products? We pay apple our money - we should get a non-defective machine - end of story in my opinion. ...and sure there are some ppl who will put up with cosmetic errors - but you shouldn't have to - and 'luck of the draw' shouldn't be a factor.

Allot of the peer and pro review seem to suggest that apple have let quality control slide a bit recently.

Bibulous

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
I sent my powerbook back for cosmetic damage, scratches to the palm rest and underside, and Apple was very understanding and replaced to parts.

It is not asking too much to receive your computer back in the same cosmetic condition as when you dropped it off. Just don't wait too long.

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
Many thanks for all your input guys.

Anyone got any advice how to fix this my self, or do you all think I should get Apple to do it?

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
skipsandwichdx said:
I'd expect a $2000 computer to be pretty close to perfect, but you guys are splitting hairs.

Also, to OP, don't make a thread asking for advice then bash opinions that differ with yours..
There is no bashing going on :confused:. This is a discussion forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.