Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
Well, they are sortable— you just have to sort them yourself.

But Apple really doesn’t necessarily expect you to launch all your apps from the icons anyway. Once you have pages and pages of apps, it’s easier to just use spotlight search and tap the first few letters of the app’s name and launch it from there. Honestly not any slower than scrolling through pages and pages of Android’s app drawer. It’s how a lot of people launch apps on their Macs too. And PCs.

Perspective is everything, as I never launch apps this way. Not to say any one way is correct/incorrect.

vinegarshots

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2018
Perspective is everything, as I never launch apps this way. Not to say any one way is correct/incorrect.

You should try it, it’s way faster (unless you only have a small amount of apps) once you adjust your muscle memory ?

cmd-space on Mac and swipe down on home screen on iOS. Usually your most used apps are on top too and you don’t need to type at all

Reactions: Wide opeN

Scream And Fly

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2017
Florida and New York, USA
All other Android phones have horrible cameras. The camera is #1 priority for me.

You sure do speak in a lot of absolutes, don’t you? I’m curious though:

How are Apple displays and haptic feedback “light years ahead” of Android phones in general? Better than the current Samsung phones? I guess you’ve used all of the current flagship Android phones to make that deduction.

Pixel 4XL overpriced at $850? Likely even less than that with discounts that come and go. For the capabilities of the P4XL, $850 is a pretty good price I think. Exactly how much will that Apple phone cost you?

iOS did indeed add file system support, but it’s not even remotely close to Android in that category.

“All the premium apps are made with iOS in mind and ported to Android.”
Are you being serious with that one?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.