Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pezimak

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2021
I asked for some new AirPods gen 3 as my first gen ones broke, and was very pleasantly surprised to receive the 1st gen AirPods Pro instead! Love em. Lots of other stuff too.

And I had a lovely time with family.

Last edited:

satinsilverem2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2013
Richmond, VA
Apparently I was complaining about being cold as I got six sweaters from various family members. This is the first year that I can remember that I didn't get anything tech related but I did order some USB C trigger boards for a project im working on and used some Christmas money on those. I also got a rack for my bike.

Reactions: dUnKle and ericwn

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I was gifted a beautiful Seiko Courtura watch with a great blue dial and my wife also ordered some custom display boxes for our Lego sets which should arrive in a few weeks.

purplerainpurplerain

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2022
Xmas dinner with friends we just try our best to pay for each other and it goes like ‘Let me pay for you’ ‘No no no let me pay for you.’

TwoH

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 19, 2019
I asked for some new AirPods gen 3 as my first gen ones broke, and was very pleasantly surprised to receive the 1st gen AirPods Pro instead! Love em. Lots of other stuff too.

And I had a lovely time with family.
Perfect! I’d love to get some new AirPods at some point soon myself.. perhaps I’ll add it to the wish list

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
Christmas.jpg

Garmin Explore 2

• Love
Reactions: TwoH and Herdfan

johnb300m

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2008
Chicago, IL
A couple cool things this year!
An enameled cast iron dutch oven, to do some fun stews, braising, bread etc etc in. I got a handful of Julia Child and Armenian recipes to toss in there.
And a really cool LED backlit nixie tube clock. Came from Ukraine! Somehow...but still made it in time for Christmas.
It'll be the office clock once the new cabinets and desk go in.

Reactions: ericwn

TwoH

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 19, 2019
Ah yes. Merry Christmas to all! :):apple:

This year I have received the exciting presents of:-
Maltesers (again, top tier chocolate),
A pair of socks,
A new T-shirt.

And mother was very kind enough to gift me some money at the start of the month which went towards a new sofa.
I was torn between the sofa or an air fryer.

Reactions: scorpio vega

scorpio vega

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2023
Raleigh, NC
I got as a graduation/Christmas present from my dad: Macbook Pro m3 which i am LOVINGGGGGGGG!

I also got some new airpods for myself.

my mom got me a spa day and also a paid vacation for new years weekend so I will be FINALLY somewhere warm(I shall be in Miami) for the holidays in comparison to NC.

And then a bunch of furniture and stuff from friends and other loved ones for my new apartment <3

• Love
Reactions: TwoH

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I got money, some bath stuff, some socks and some jewellery. My own present to myself was my M2 MacBook Air. Also gifted myself a new microwave lol

• Love
Reactions: TwoH

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho
  • Apple Watch series 9
  • Waterproof Columbia boots
  • "May the Forest be with you" hat
  • 40 oz water bottle
  • 32 oz Nalgene water bottle
  • Apple watch bands
  • Columbia beanie
  • Hiking poles
  • Remote shutter for my DSLR
  • camping lights
  • crank/solar radio for NOAA alerts
  • coffee mug
  • Godzilla t-shirt
  • New Seattle Mariners hat
  • Extending camera tripod
  • Outdoor projector
  • wood bead bracelets
  • camping saw
  • inside joke car air fresheners
  • Electric hand warmers

onezoidtwohearts

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2022
Minneapolis, MN
i barely got anything. all i got was candy, a snowglobe, and an amazon gift card. at least i was able to put my gift card to use, since i gifted myself some south park stuff. i also bought myself a pin earlier from etsy. i'll put pics here once the sp merch all arrives.

Last edited:

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Very thankful for all that I have so I would have been more than happy with just a stocking of candy. My family always insists in a few gifts so I ended up with some books, bed sheets, house slides, and a handful of switch games that I look forward to playing when time allows.

Kung

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2006
Jealous. We were supposed to have a finished kitchen by October. As it stands now our kitchen reno probably won’t be complete until mid January or so.

We had Xmas dinner at a Korean restaurant. :p

Oh believe me, it was touch and go. Got 'started' in October, and everything was onsite and began the 1st week of November. Everything *was* on schedule....

...then they installed the cabinets and I discovered that the cabinet underneath the kitchen window was off center, like obviously so. Like 6" off center.

Somehow not one, not two, but three different contractors measured the window width incorrectly. They had to custom order another cabinet, a small spice rack, and that took a solid two weeks. We only *JUST* got the use of it back last week, right before the Christmas holiday. LOL

With that said, stuff happens, and everything else was great. There were some minor issues but all of them have been taken care of ASAP; and some things we asked for were done even w/o a change order, so I'll absolutely use them again. :)

Reactions: EugW

onezoidtwohearts

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2022
Minneapolis, MN
i barely got anything. all i got was candy, a snowglobe, and an amazon gift card. at least i was able to put my gift card to use, since i gifted myself some south park stuff. i also bought myself a pin earlier from etsy. i'll put pics here once the sp merch all arrives.
update: pics of the stuff i ordered! some of the stickers are on my laptop, my walker, and my tumbler :) (also, my dad got me stuff but i'm too lazy to take pics of all of it and the stickers on my walker and my tumbler :p)

Attachments

• tempImagePaavoh.png
    tempImagePaavoh.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 22
  • tempImage2SVxYy.png
    tempImage2SVxYy.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 29
  • tempImageDDkeyj.png
    tempImageDDkeyj.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 22
  • tempImage4hcErv.png
    tempImage4hcErv.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.