Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plinkoman

macrumors 65816
Jul 2, 2003
New York
No it hasn't. (It may have, but it hasn't been announced)

It was announced by Iwata when Brawl was first introduced and I remember one other time but I couldn't find the article.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/670/670552p1.html

Because Prime 1/2 sucked? FPAAES games aren't my cup of tea.

Metroid Prime 1&2 most certainly did not suck. It's just as you said, they're not your cup of tea; that doesn't mean they sucked. Prime 1 didn't get ranked #1 best game on Gamecube on many sites for nothing.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Metroid Prime sucked? In which reality? That's almost like me saying SoTC sucks. Just because I wasn't a fan doesn't mean I can't see how good it is, which SoTC was to hordes of folk.

I have a few wishes for Prime 3. That it's level design is more like Prime 1, that it's as hard as Prime 2 and that the X-ray and infrared visors return :) and that they drop that ¨mega¨ jump from Prime 2.

plinkoman

macrumors 65816
Jul 2, 2003
New York
I have a few wishes for Prime 3. That it's level design is more like Prime 1, that it's as hard as Prime 2 and that the X-ray and infrared visors return :) and that they drop that ¨mega¨ jump from Prime 2.

If by mega jump you mean screw attack; it's still in there. You can see it being used in the trailer that was put up the metroid preview channel here in the US.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn

The screw attack is awesome in 3D. I agree with the others. I hope there are more bosses. Prime 1 had barely any.

mattportner

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2007
Wii
SSBB
Galaxy
Kart (Q1 2008)

Xbox 360
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Halo 3
Grand Theft Auto IV
Rock Band
EA skate

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Because Prime 1/2 sucked?

1143439398189ws8.jpg

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
Metroid Prime sucked? In which reality? That's almost like me saying SoTC sucks. Just because I wasn't a fan doesn't mean I can't see how good it is, which SoTC was to hordes of folk.

In this reality. I'm sorry my videogame tastes aren't as totally awesome as yours jimmi though I'm glad you and many others enjoyed it

you_rock_straight.jpg

But to me, it was an awfully boring game. Running around from one area all the way back to another, annoying jumping mechanics, lock on shooting, rolling around in a ball, etc just did not do it for me. Graphics were pretty though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.